Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
As far as I can tell the organizer/promoter tried to get around the law of no vaping inside by calling it a "private club" and saying people joined the private club by paying to enter. He told the vendors vaping would be allowed, then the health dept came in and said no.

Yup, this makes sense. When i was reading the promo material, i was left scratching my head what this business with " membership " is all about.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
So they knew, didn't tell the vendors ahead of time, tried to get around it, but failed. I guess not losing money from vendors and participants who would pull out if the event or not show up was what they had in mind...

Yep.
That's what it sounds like.

Unprofessionalism and amateur hour in the vape industry...
Who woulda thunk it ?

Reactions: stevegmu

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Triton tanks for sale in the Aspire booth ? Any hardware geared toward smokers and non-subohm vapers ? Any reason to take a couple of smoker friends there considering it would cost upward of $ 60 with tolls etc... to get there. I have no interest in new juice or t shirts or cloud competitions etc ...

Thanks for the report !
Yes, the Aspire booth had the Triton for sale. I picked one up. They also had the temp control Sigelei 75 and 150 on display, but not for sale or I would have picked one up. What could help your smoker friends is the ability to taste a bunch of different juices. There are a few hardware vendors there. One actually had the Subox Nano kit, but they are a wholesaler so they can only sell to businesses.

Reactions: Mazinny

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Were there any ladies at the event, like at car shows?
The Good Ohm Boys booth had a stripper pole. And another vendor had a brunette dressed in just pasties and body paint. Of course lots of the vendors had some very good looking women working for them.

Reactions: stevegmu

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I don't have any friends that vape so I went by myself :(. Everyone working the booths were very friendly.

I was hoping to find a DNA200 mod for sale and try out some different juices. No DNA200's at all but I picked up 2 juices I would otherwise never buy and they didn't sound too appealing to me. Charlie Noble Treasure Island 2 and Pistachio RV4. TI2 is like fruity COPYRIGHTDMCA and tastes much better than it sounds (to me at least). Pistachio RV4 was a surprise and I didn't even want to try it but the lady nudged me into it :lol:. I tried some that I would've bought but ended up not really liking so that saved me a few bucks.
This is what I picked up at the Expo. All this cost me $120. A total of 615 ml of juice and an Aspire Triton.
20150718_195743.jpg

Reactions: cjvdh

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Yes, the Aspire booth had the Triton for sale. I picked one up. They also had the temp control Sigelei 75 and 150 on display, but not for sale or I would have picked one up. What could help your smoker friends is the ability to taste a bunch of different juices. There are a few hardware vendors there. One actually had the Subox Nano kit, but they are a wholesaler so they can only sell to businesses.

Juice is not an issue. They have tried a bunch of my NETs and they like them. I was more interested in a plug and play tank with coils in the 1.5 to 2.0 range and a nice compact battery. I want to try the 1.8 ohm Triton coils to see if the mouth to lung action is similar to a cigarette. I guess i will just order one and find out for myself.

Last edited:

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Juice is not an issue. They have tried a bunch of my NETs and they like it. I was more interested in a plug and play tank with coils in the 1.5 to 2.0 range and a nice compact battery. I want to try the 1.8 ohm Triton coils to see if the mouth to lung action is similar to a cigarette. I guess i will just order one and find out for myself.
The Aspire booth had a full line of the Aspire gear....in addition to the Triton they also had the Atlantis and Nautilus. And the Aspire tube batteries.

All of the juice testers were using subohm tanks. One juice vendor actually was using Tritons for their testers.

Reactions: Mazinny

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    The Aspire booth had a full line of the Aspire gear....in addition to the Triton they also had the Atlantis and Nautilus. And the Aspire tube batteries.

All of the juice testers were using subohm tanks. One juice vendor actually was using Tritons for their testers.

Any sign of the Pegasus?

Mazinny

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 25, 2013
    NY

The Nautilus is a fine tank for mouth to lung. I just think the top filling aspect of the Triton would be an advantage, if the draw with the 1.8 coil is similar.

jseah

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY, USA
    The Nautilus is a fine tank for mouth to lung. I just think the top filling aspect of the Triton would be an advantage, if the draw with the 1.8 coil is similar.
    I've started using the Triton now, but I'm using it with the 0.25 ohm nickel coil from vAir-T for the Atlantis. The top fill is nice, although I wish the fill hole was a bit larger. The tip of an unicorn bottle is just a bit too short to fit into the hole. Luckily, the way the top is designed, even if you miss dripping the juice into the hole, it will run down into the hole anyway.

jdrewry

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 16, 2011
    New Jersey

I was there as well; plenty of vaping going on inside. I overheard someone mention that the Heath Inspector was saying something along the lines of, "Vaping is OK as long as people were sampling juices; they can't just walk around blowing big clouds, though". Well, there must have been a TON of sampling going on; it was the best smelling Expo I've ever been to (this was my first vape convention). I also picked up the Aspire Triton (about $10 dollars less than buying it online). I wish they had the rebuildable deck option there; they didn't have that. I also picked up more juice than I planned; several custards, a cereal vape, several cheesecake vapes, and a rather wicked looking RDA from TwistedMesses (Clapton coil). If they have another convention next year, I need to save up big time.

vdrummer

ECF Veteran
    Sep 21, 2011
    Jersey
    http://owlfarm.dyndns.org/~tmfu/IMG_5803_sm.jpg

Looking down the midway. You could barely see CutThroat's stage at the end. Made it home with a CoilMaster v3, a Kratos 60TC, and a bunch of sample juices. The other half made out as well with an armful of juices. Had a good time, and yes there were booth babes.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread