NJ Vape Expo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New Jersey, United States
Anybody going to the NJ vape Expo in Edison, NJ this weekend? It's going on from Thursday til Sunday, open to the public from 12-8pm. I'm most likely going on Thursday & Saturday or Sunday. Pretty stoked for it, it's gonna be my first expo & I want to meet more people in the vape community!

I really wanted to go but I leave for vacation on Saturday morning. I was going to go on Friday, but heard rumors that Friday was specifically just for merchants buying and trading. When I contacted the admins for expo they confirmed that selling and samples for the general public was not going to happen on Friday. I was really bummed out by that. 25 bucks a ticket and I can't even purchase or get samples was kinda a bit steep. So I'm boned.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
I really wanted to go but I leave for vacation on Saturday morning. I was going to go on Friday, but heard rumors that Friday was specifically just for merchants buying and trading. When I contacted the admins for expo they confirmed that selling and samples for the general public was not going to happen on Friday. I was really bummed out by that. 25 bucks a ticket and I can't even purchase or get samples was kinda a bit steep. So I'm boned.
Yeah I don't plan on going Friday, did you hear anything about merchants not selling to public on Saturday/Sunday?

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
FYI, the Vape Expo is only on Friday through Sunday, so if you go on Thursday you will find yourself very lonely. And the entry fee is $25 for businesses and $10 for consumers. Friday is only for business to business sales as is the morning on Saturday and Sunday. The door will open to consumers at noon. Saturday they will have a vaping trick competition and Sunday they will have the cloud competition.

Actually I totally forgot what days it was and ended up driving down there last weekend thinking it was going on last weekend (it is a two hour drive for me each way). I plan on going on Saturday. If you see an older Asian dude walking around vaping on a Atlantis 2/Snow Wolf combo with a Tardis wrap on the Snow Wolf, that will be me.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
FYI, the Vape Expo is only on Friday through Sunday, so if you go on Thursday you will find yourself very lonely. And the entry fee is $25 for businesses and $10 for consumers. Friday is only for business to business sales as is the morning on Saturday and Sunday. The door will open to consumers at noon. Saturday they will have a vaping trick competition and Sunday they will have the cloud competition.

Actually I totally forgot what days it was and ended up driving down there last weekend thinking it was going on last weekend (it is a two hour drive for me each way). I plan on going on Saturday. If you see an older Asian dude walking around vaping on a Atlantis 2/Snow Wolf combo with a Tardis wrap on the Snow Wolf, that will be me.
Yeah I realized my mistake of thinking Thursday after posting. The contests are cool and all but I'm more interested in seeing what the merchants are going to be selling. And free goodies of course. If I go on Saturday I'll be the 5'8" bearded white late 20's person with a light blue Petri on a silver Dimitri mod. Don't think many other people will be rockin that combo. I'm also bringing wires I've built, so if you're lucky to find me I'm giving away free coils

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Yeah I realized my mistake of thinking Thursday after posting. The contests are cool and all but I'm more interested in seeing what the merchants are going to be selling. And free goodies of course. If I go on Saturday I'll be the 5'8" bearded white late 20's person with a light blue Petri on a silver Dimitri mod. Don't think many other people will be rockin that combo. I'm also bringing wires I've built, so if you're lucky to find me I'm giving away free coils
I've heard that Sundays are better because the vendors don't want to leave with unsold merchandise so they'll sell them at close out prices. That said, Saturdays are better for me. My friend can't make it, but she's already given me a shopping list of juices to pick up for her. I'm thinking that I would probably only be there for a couple of hours at most since I just plan on going there checking out different juices and picking some up. Aspire will also be there so maybe I can pick up a Triton tank while still waiting for the ones I preordered.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Think I'll save the money it would cost to travel there/Back/Room/show and call it toward the SX Mini I just purchased. Seems to me to be a better investment.

* Now, if I could get 10 minutes with PBusardo to chat, that might be worth it.

I support my Manufacturers through my choices and His dedication to bringing the most straight forward reviews he can in an attempt to give us the information to make our own informed decisions.

I'm going and SUPER Excited!! My vape lounge Maja Flava will be at Booth 522 and they are Launching the new e juice Berry Cans to the Death By Toucan Line!! I'll be there on Sunday wanna watch the Cloud Comp & I'm sure the juice deals will be insane. Saturday is the Trick Comp which should be pretty cool as well.
Hope to see ya guy's there

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Well based on the advice sounds like Sunday is a better day to go! Anyone like fused claptons?

Didn't even know this expo was going on. It's a little bit of a drive from me (not too bad), but I think I might make it down, and it'd be sweet to use a coil made by someone here on the ECF, let alone meet someone I've only interacted online with.

In fact, I'll probably try and make it down. Don't see why not.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Didn't even know this expo was going on. It's a little bit of a drive from me (not too bad), but I think I might make it down, and it'd be sweet to use a coil made by someone here on the ECF, let alone meet someone I've only interacted online with.

In fact, I'll probably try and make it down. Don't see why not.
Awesome. It'd be great to see more ECF people there, I'm gonna be going on Sunday just because of the price drops from merchants. Gotta see what I can get my hands on for cheap

Reactions: nyiddle

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Awesome. It'd be great to see more ECF people there, I'm gonna be going on Sunday just because of the price drops from merchants. Gotta see what I can get my hands on for cheap

Yeah just confirmed it with a buddy who may/may not actually make it (he's a flakey one, that @Humbardy), we're gonna be going on Sunday. Probably not gonna hang around extensively, but maybe will scoot around for a couple hours or whatever, see what's poppin'.

Reactions: Tom Forde

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I have never been to a vaping expo of any kind. If i have absolutely no use for new e liquid and have no interest in competitions of any kind, is it still a worthwhile trip for me ?

Are there going to be new innovations in hardware on display ? I am mostly interested in batteries and better performing plug and play devices geared toward non-subohm vapers ( thinking about taking a couple of my smoker friends ).

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
I have never been to a vaping expo of any kind. If i have absolutely no use for new e liquid and have no interest in competitions of any kind, is it still a worthwhile trip for me ?

Are there going to be new innovations in hardware on display ? I am mostly interested in batteries and better performing plug and play devices geared toward non-subohm vapers ( thinking about taking a couple of my smoker friends ).

I'm not expecting a whole lot of new tech, but I'm hoping to maybe try some local e-juice and stuff. Not gonna go on a shopping spree myself, but if I see something nice like a limited edition RDA or something I might end up scooping one.

Pretty sure there's a list of the vendors that'll be there somewhere.

Reactions: Mazinny
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread