hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello and thank you once again for joining me for yet another one of my reviews. This time I will be taking a look at the Vandy Vape Requiem RTA that was sent to me by Sourcemore in order to provide you with a fair and honest review. The Requiem is a really interesting tank to me as it comes with three different tank sections. One each for MTL, RDL, and DL styles of vaping. It has a 4.5ml liquid capacity and uses a straight from the side airflow much like an rda to simulate that type of enhanced flavor that is produced by rdas. It comes with three tank sections like I mentioned and also comes with two different top caps to support both 810 and 510 style tips. There’s quite a bit to this one but I’ll try to keep it as simple as possible.

5Q8QC97.jpg

NRucd2d.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* Vandy Vape Requiem RTA
    1* MTL Top Cap
    1* MTL Drip Tip
    1* MTL Airflow Cap
    1* Accessory Bag
    1* RDL Airflow Cap
    1* Instruction Manual
    2* Fused Clapton Coil

mXcI253.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

Product Size: 40.75*Φ24mm

Material: PSU

Capacity: 4.5ml

Fit For: 510/810 drip tip system

Color: SS, Matte Black, Matte Black Red, Frosted Grey

SJmVSUW.jpg

FEATURES:

1. 4.5ml e-juice capacity, innovative juice flow

2. 3 airflow sets and chimneys, supports MTL, RDL and DL

3. Airflow straight from the side for RDA-like experience

4. 2 top caps and drip tips, fit for 810 & 510 system

5. PSU material, high temperature and corrosion resistance

6. Easy coil installation and wicking

K7hptrz.jpg

SPjCZDb.jpg

Zo8zHuz.jpg

GgtHWq4.jpg

Tsttww9.jpg

ZpCy84W.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

It isn’t discussed much on the website but the Requiem was created by El Mono Vapeador in collaboration with Vandy Vape. I really like the packaging for this one with the clear window that allows you to see the assembled tank as well as the other two tank sections with chimneys and the MTL top cap. It does have the El Mono name on the bottom with the Requiem RTA name on top both in gold. The back side of the box has a contents list and a list of features. I’m not sure why but find it funny that the warning says not only to keep away from children but also non-smokers and animals.

1681579689551.png

1681579713419.png

Once the top of the box is slid off then you can get a better look at the tank, spare tank sections, and MTL top cap. It’s a little tight in the box but after you lift the foam insert then located underneath you will find the accessory bag, two fused Clapton coils, and the instruction manual.

1681579749427.png

1681579772369.png

As always, the first thing you want to do with any new tank is to disassemble and clean the tank thoroughly to remove any residual machining oil or debris. The Requiem breaks down completely as you can see below. It really has to since you have to be able to switch between the three tank sections.

1681579824194.png

The DTL/RDL top cap comes installed on the tank with the 810 short drip tip. There is not an o ring on the tip but instead there is an internal o ring in the top cap like I’ve seen on some other tanks. There is also an outer o ring underneath the top cap as well as a smaller one in the center where the cap meets up with the fill port cap as you can see in the picture above. The outside of the top cap has three indentations on each side to help you get a better grip on the top cap to remove for filling.

The airflow control ring has five slotted vertical holes of different sizes to provide airflow directly from the side to the coil. There isn’t a stop on the airflow control which I don’t particularly care for but it is what it is. About 90 degrees away from the slots, there is the Vandy Vape logo stamped into the ring. There are three lines on the base of the tank that are supposed to help you adjust the airflow by using those three lines as guides.

1681579861346.png

1681579881743.png

I wasn’t really too fond of the idea of the tank sections being made of plastic but at least the chimney portion in the center of each tank section is metal. It is good though that the chimneys and threading on the chimneys is metal. They seem pretty thick and durable so will hopefully hold up well. As I’ve mentioned a few times, there are a total of three tank sections with different sized chimneys. The DTL tank comes pre-installed on the tank when you receive it but I snapped a photo of the three side by side so you could see the difference. Left to right they are MTL, RDL, and DL.

In the second picture you can see the difference in airflow inlets on the side of each tank section. From left to right they are MTL, RDL, and DL. The MTL tank section has just one small hole while the RDL tank has two holes and the DL tank has one large hole. The airflow can be further adjusted with the airflow control ring. I’m not a big fan of this one because it’s hard to see where you are adjusted to due to the shape of the airflow slots and the holes in the tanks being recessed. Also there is not a positive stop for the airflow ring which would make it easier to adjust if there was. Also included with the tank kit is an MTL top cap and drip tip.

1681579924565.png

1681579945636.png

vPMBabp.jpg

The build deck for the Requiem is a simple two screw build deck. There were two .26 ohm fused Clapton coils included in the kit so I used those. I feel like it’s best to test tanks for review with what is included since the manufacturer is recommending those accessories. There is a shoulder on the side of each screw to help trap the coil legs. Like any build, I installed the coil, straightened and centered it, did a burn in, and wicked the coil. Included with the kit is what I would call a coil centering ring. You place the ring over the top of the deck and use your coil to align the coil using the cut outs in the black plastic ring. I really didn’t feel like it wasn’t necessary but you can see how this works in the last picture below.

kei4a5E.jpg

JXyXODX.jpg

WRJQdol.jpg

0oDxorD.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Overall, the Vandy Vape Requiem RTA seems like a pretty decent tank. They made the effort to really make a tank that is good for all three types of vaping being MTL, RDL, and DTL by making a separate tank section with different airflows available with each of the three included tank sections and even went as far as to include a separate top cap and tip for MTL. I’d give them an A for effort. Some people might complain that the tanks are made of plastic but it was necessary to make them threaded and interchangeable.

I started with the DTL tank section for testing since it was already installed on the tank. With the included coil I was able to run it around 24-25 watts and get pretty good flavor and vapor production. To me even the DTL doesn’t have a huge amount of airflow available and I ended up running it wide open which I almost never do with a DTL tank.

Next up I decided to try the tank assembled with the RDL tank section. This one was my favorite of the three. I was still in the low to mid 20’s on wattage but got the restricted puff that I like with the airflow set wide open. I do wish that they had included a different top cap and tip for this tank also. The short wide drip tip was a bit much for this setup and I ended up switching the tip.

Lastly came the MTL tank section and top cap. I did use the same coil for all three setups since that is all that they included was two of the same coil. I started out at 16 watts with the airflow wide open and worked my way up to 18 watts. With the airflow adjustment ring, you can get the airflow almost completely shut off so it should be ok for those that like a tight MTL. I personally like a looser MTL. The flavor and vapor production were good for an MTL setup. I am not much of an MTL vaper but was able to get decent results with the MTL tank section and top cap installed while using a NET tobacco mix that I like and have used many times. The tip on the MTL top cap is a 510 tip and is replaceable while the one on the other top cap is an 810.

I do have a few complaints on this tank. The airflow control not having a positive stop and it being hard to tell where you have it set. Also the bottom pin on the base of the tank sticks out quite a bit and I had trouble trying to run it on a Dovpo Themis but it ran fine on another mod. With the Themis I kept getting a “check atomizer” warning. One other thing I think I forgot to mention is how the base attaches to the tank section. It’s one of those tanks where you turn the base about 1/3 of a turn and pull it out so you really need to be careful when unscrewing the tank from a mod or your mod might get a bath of eliquid. Always unscrew the tank by holding the very bottom of the tank at the base. I personally don’t love this style of base attachment and have had some where I struggle to get the base off to access the coil. During my testing I have not had that issue but it doesn’t mean it won’t happen later.

I’d like to thank Sourcemore and Kavis for sending the Vandy Vape Requiem RTA kit for this review. As always, a big thanks to the readers. Below is a link to the website if you’d like to try one for yourself as well as a coupon code.

Vandy Vape Requiem RTA Tank Atomizer Φ24mm 4.5ml (sourcemore.com)

CODE = VVRR for $24.69

Attachments

• 1681579976246.png
      1681579976246.png
      3.2 MB · Views: 17

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Nice review Hitt, plastic isn't for me though.
    Thanks! I get it. I’m not crazy about plastic either but didn’t have any problems yet. I’m going to keep it in rotation for a while to see if I have any issues.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I did not know they had an RTA out. I have not bought anything in ages but the Requiem is my favorite RDA and I have quite a few higher-end RDAs that I don't consider nearly as good. Dang it I really don't want to buy anything especially not from China....ugh
    This is a cool rta with three tank sections but they are plastic.

Reactions: AvaOrchid

Users who are viewing this thread