hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello again. I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas. I decided to give myself a break from writing reviews for a couple days over the holiday but now I’m back at it. This time I’m going to try to provide you with a fair and honest review on the BP mods LABS MTL rta that was sent to me by Dovpo. This one has a bit of a different design to it compared to anything I’ve seen before. The LABS is a 22mm rta with a 2.7ml liquid capacity. It has a single coil post less build deck and comes with six different airflow pins for airflow adjustment since there is no external airflow control ring on this one. It is designed strictly as a MTL rta even with the largest airflow pin inserted. I’ll talk later about the difference in design that I spoke about earlier.

JbJhYYn.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1x Labs RTA Atomizer (SS or DLC)

1x Drip Tip 510

6x Air Pin

4x Bells

1x Bell Removal Tool

1x Replacement Accessories (O-Rings and Screws)

1x User Manual

JhS7wBx.png

SPECIFICATIONS:

Dimensions: 38.6x22mm (excluding Drip Tip and pin)

Material: Stainless Steel and Polycarbonate

Colors: SS and DLC

Liquid capacity: 2.7ml

Liquid Refill: superior

Attachment: 510

Drip Tip: 510

Shot: MTL Adjustable via Pin supplied

Typology: Regenerable (RTA)

Airflow: Adjustable with Pin (0.8×2; 0.8; 1.0; 1.1; 1.2; 1.5mm)

Aromatic yield: Adjustable via 4 different Camapane supplied

Deck: Single Coil

c3DAEEd.jpg

WeLyNDJ.png

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

I was not able to find out much information on this tank so please bear with me and I will do as well as I can to cover the features of this rta. The packaging for the LABS is the usual BP Mods orange box with a sleeve over the outside of the box. The sleeve has the name of the rta as well as the statement “Above Any Idea” with a picture of the coloseum in the background. The back side of the box has a contents list, some features, company information, and a sketch of the tank stating the color of the tank inside. I received the DLC version which is basically a gunmetal color.

1672252161894.png

1672252182176.png

Once the outer sleeve and box top are removed then the LABS RTA is visible with three inner bell caps and an accessory box on the side that contains the spare airflow pins, tool for changing the pins and bell inserts, three different coils, and spare o rings.

1672252246492.png

As always, it’s a good idea to disassemble the tank and clean it before use. This one is a little different to take apart. The deck is held in but o rings and does not have any threading. Also the top cap turns to the right instead of to the left like most tanks. It is a bayonet type design but the direction of turning is opposite of what I’m used to. You can see both sides of the top cap in the second picture below. In the third picture you can see that by turning the top cap to the right it actually closes the internal juice flow openings and when you turn to the left you can feel it turn to open the juice flow ports and locks the cap in place.

1672252292658.png

1672252311099.png

1672252342202.png

Besides the differences I’ve mentioned already, there is another feature that is different from anything I’ve seen. There are four different flavoring bells included in the kit that are supposed to optimize the flavor depending on the type of liquid you are using whether it’s a tobacco, dessert, or other type. The only one I really noticed much of a difference with was the multi-stepped one recommended for tobacco flavors which I used a NET tobacco mix in use for testing. The flavoring bells are replaced using the included tool and you just push the old one out with the tool and push the new one into place over the two juice flow pins.

1672252384531.png

FPaK6GL.jpg

1672252444854.png

This rta uses a gravity feed liquid supply system through two tubes that feed the liquid to the wick. Because of this type of feeding system, you need to make sure the shoulders of the wick are a little high to meet up with the tubes once the tank is assembled. The picture below shows the liquid flow tubes and you can see the pre-installed flavoring bell. You want to keep close track of the included tool. It is needed for replacing the flavoring bells as well as for removing and inserting one of the included six airflow pins. The airflow pin has to be inserted before installing the coil but you can try out the different inserts to determine which is best for you before actually installing the coil and wick. Each of the airflow pins has two flat sides that align with the notches on the tool to allow you to thread the inserts into place. The airflow pins are the only airflow control on this tank. There is an airflow opening on the bottom of the tank but it is not adjustable.

1672252499483.png

1672252554847.png

f2CIZ5I.jpg

R7xkq4Y.jpg

The build deck is a very simple single coil deck and very easy to build. Once the coil is inserted and the legs are trimmed then install the cotton paying close attention to the height of the shoulders of the wick. The shoulders need to be a little high to meet up with the juice flow tubes that I mentioned earlier. Once the coil and wick are installed and you are ready to assemble the deck and body of the rta then there is a notch in the build deck that aligns with the tab in the body to lock the base into place and keep it from turning. As I mentioned earlier, there is no threading on the base and the build deck is simply held in place by two o rings.

jrejjsn.jpg

odTLk35.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I think that BP Mods really came up with some ingenious design ideas on this rta. It would never occur to me to have different flavor bells for different liquids. The multi-step tobacco bell is the one that really stood out to me. I initially tried the pre-installed one with a NET tobacco mix and then switched the bells out finally settling on the multi-step one with my NET mix.

It seems foreign to me to not have an adjustable airflow on the outside of the tank but this one doesn’t. It’s all done with the airflow control pins that have to be threaded into the build deck. I don’t love that the pins cannot be changed once the coil is installed. For me it would have been able to be changed after the coil is installed.

The tank section on the LABS rta is rather dark which makes it difficult to see the liquid level. With only a 2.7ml capacity it would be nice to be able to keep better track of the liquid level. One other thing that I didn’t love was that when the top cap is removed to fill the tank, you don’t have fill ports but have to pour the liquid around the side of the center tube and it’s a little difficult to tell the liquid level while filling.

I didn’t try all of the airflow control pins because I know that I prefer a loose MTL vape and immediately went with the largest airflow pin. With this pin it is still an MTL type of vape but is quite loose like I like it. You aren’t going to be able to do an RDL with this tank.

Overall the LABS is a great MTL rta that should fit the needs of all of those that like MTL vaping. It has some really neat designs and functions well. The flavor production on my NET liquid was very good with this tank. I’d like to thank Dovpo and Dorothy for sending the BP Mods LABS MTL RTA for this review. Thanks also to the readers as always. I’d love to give you a link to the website for this tank but it’s not up on the website yet.

OYFytRS.jpg

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good review @hittman

As I only MTL vape, this one interested me, disappointing only 2.7 mils, seems if you MTL, you only need a small tank, make them 24mm and give more capacity, sorry rant over :)
    Thanks! I agree. Not enough liquid capacity.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009

joshua miller

May 3, 2015
    Hello again. I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas. I decided to give myself a break from writing reviews for a couple days over the holiday but now I’m back at it. This time I’m going to try to provide you with a fair and honest review on the BP Mods LABS MTL RTA that was sent to me by Dovpo. This one has a bit of a different design to it compared to anything I’ve seen before. The LABS is a 22mm rta with a 2.7ml liquid capacity. It has a single coil post less build deck and comes with six different airflow pins for airflow adjustment since there is no external airflow control ring on this one. It is designed strictly as a MTL rta even with the largest airflow pin inserted. I’ll talk later about the difference in design that I spoke about earlier.

JbJhYYn.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1x Labs RTA Atomizer (SS or DLC)

1x Drip Tip 510

6x Air Pin

4x Bells

1x Bell Removal Tool

1x Replacement Accessories (O-Rings and Screws)

1x User Manual

JhS7wBx.png

SPECIFICATIONS:

Dimensions: 38.6x22mm (excluding Drip Tip and pin)

Material: Stainless Steel and Polycarbonate

Colors: SS and DLC

Liquid capacity: 2.7ml

Liquid Refill: superior

Attachment: 510

Drip Tip: 510

Shot: MTL Adjustable via Pin supplied

Typology: Regenerable (RTA)

Airflow: Adjustable with Pin (0.8×2; 0.8; 1.0; 1.1; 1.2; 1.5mm)

Aromatic yield: Adjustable via 4 different Camapane supplied

Deck: Single Coil

c3DAEEd.jpg

WeLyNDJ.png

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

I was not able to find out much information on this tank so please bear with me and I will do as well as I can to cover the features of this rta. The packaging for the LABS is the usual BP Mods orange box with a sleeve over the outside of the box. The sleeve has the name of the rta as well as the statement “Above Any Idea” with a picture of the coloseum in the background. The back side of the box has a contents list, some features, company information, and a sketch of the tank stating the color of the tank inside. I received the DLC version which is basically a gunmetal color.

View attachment 987351

View attachment 987352

Once the outer sleeve and box top are removed then the LABS RTA is visible with three inner bell caps and an accessory box on the side that contains the spare airflow pins, tool for changing the pins and bell inserts, three different coils, and spare o rings.

View attachment 987353

As always, it’s a good idea to disassemble the tank and clean it before use. This one is a little different to take apart. The deck is held in but o rings and does not have any threading. Also the top cap turns to the right instead of to the left like most tanks. It is a bayonet type design but the direction of turning is opposite of what I’m used to. You can see both sides of the top cap in the second picture below. In the third picture you can see that by turning the top cap to the right it actually closes the internal juice flow openings and when you turn to the left you can feel it turn to open the juice flow ports and locks the cap in place.

View attachment 987354

View attachment 987355

View attachment 987356

Besides the differences I’ve mentioned already, there is another feature that is different from anything I’ve seen. There are four different flavoring bells included in the kit that are supposed to optimize the flavor depending on the type of liquid you are using whether it’s a tobacco, dessert, or other type. The only one I really noticed much of a difference with was the multi-stepped one recommended for tobacco flavors which I used a NET tobacco mix in use for testing. The flavoring bells are replaced using the included tool and you just push the old one out with the tool and push the new one into place over the two juice flow pins.

View attachment 987357

FPaK6GL.jpg

View attachment 987358

This rta uses a gravity feed liquid supply system through two tubes that feed the liquid to the wick. Because of this type of feeding system, you need to make sure the shoulders of the wick are a little high to meet up with the tubes once the tank is assembled. The picture below shows the liquid flow tubes and you can see the pre-installed flavoring bell. You want to keep close track of the included tool. It is needed for replacing the flavoring bells as well as for removing and inserting one of the included six airflow pins. The airflow pin has to be inserted before installing the coil but you can try out the different inserts to determine which is best for you before actually installing the coil and wick. Each of the airflow pins has two flat sides that align with the notches on the tool to allow you to thread the inserts into place. The airflow pins are the only airflow control on this tank. There is an airflow opening on the bottom of the tank but it is not adjustable.

View attachment 987359

View attachment 987361

f2CIZ5I.jpg

R7xkq4Y.jpg

The build deck is a very simple single coil deck and very easy to build. Once the coil is inserted and the legs are trimmed then install the cotton paying close attention to the height of the shoulders of the wick. The shoulders need to be a little high to meet up with the juice flow tubes that I mentioned earlier. Once the coil and wick are installed and you are ready to assemble the deck and body of the rta then there is a notch in the build deck that aligns with the tab in the body to lock the base into place and keep it from turning. As I mentioned earlier, there is no threading on the base and the build deck is simply held in place by two o rings.

jrejjsn.jpg

odTLk35.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I think that BP Mods really came up with some ingenious design ideas on this rta. It would never occur to me to have different flavor bells for different liquids. The multi-step tobacco bell is the one that really stood out to me. I initially tried the pre-installed one with a NET tobacco mix and then switched the bells out finally settling on the multi-step one with my NET mix.

It seems foreign to me to not have an adjustable airflow on the outside of the tank but this one doesn’t. It’s all done with the airflow control pins that have to be threaded into the build deck. I don’t love that the pins cannot be changed once the coil is installed. For me it would have been able to be changed after the coil is installed.

The tank section on the LABS rta is rather dark which makes it difficult to see the liquid level. With only a 2.7ml capacity it would be nice to be able to keep better track of the liquid level. One other thing that I didn’t love was that when the top cap is removed to fill the tank, you don’t have fill ports but have to pour the liquid around the side of the center tube and it’s a little difficult to tell the liquid level while filling.

I didn’t try all of the airflow control pins because I know that I prefer a loose MTL vape and immediately went with the largest airflow pin. With this pin it is still an MTL type of vape but is quite loose like I like it. You aren’t going to be able to do an RDL with this tank.

Overall the LABS is a great MTL rta that should fit the needs of all of those that like MTL vaping. It has some really neat designs and functions well. The flavor production on my NET liquid was very good with this tank. I’d like to thank Dovpo and Dorothy for sending the BP Mods LABS MTL RTA for this review. Thanks also to the readers as always. I’d love to give you a link to the website for this tank but it’s not up on the website yet.

OYFytRS.jpg
    I heard there was going to be a RDL kit coming, like the pioneer has. Do you happen to know if this is/has happened?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I heard there was going to be a RDL kit coming, like the pioneer has. Do you happen to know if this is/has happened?
    I haven’t heard anything yet. As a matter of fact I haven’t heard from the Dovpo rep in over a month.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread