Status
Not open for further replies.

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
Hello everyone. Was just wanting to create a thread to help discover the Best performing tank or Clearomizer for the Vamo V2. I've seen a few postings already, but they're scattered everywhere. A lot of us are about to get the Vamo (including me). Some advice from experienced Vamo users about which one performs the best would be very helpful.

Kanger T3 : I've heard they will NOT screw down on the Vamo. Does this include the Protank as well?
Kanger T2 : Do they work good on the Vamo?
Vivi Nova : Heard the ones made by Vision is better. Not sure.

Links to the tank or Clearomizer you're using, and also... the Coil replacements is greatly appreciated. :vapor:

donesmokin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
NE Oregon

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I use T3s with and adapter and two of the three air holes plugged with no problems. The ProTank screws directly on and works fine. I also block one air hole on the ProTank. The Vivi Nova screws directly on as well, but I didn't like it very much. I've also used T2s with an adapter with no problem. I've also tried a CE3 and that works as well, 510 thread. Basically any 510 threaded device will screw right on. ANy Ego threaded device will need an adapter. I also have the FastTech version of the Vamo and that does not need a 510/Ego adapter.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Hello everyone. Was just wanting to create a thread to help discover the Best performing Tank or Clearomizer for the Vamo V2. I've seen a few postings already, but they're scattered everywhere. A lot of us are about to get the Vamo (including me). Some advice from experienced Vamo users about which one performs the best would be very helpful.

Kanger T3 : I've heard they will NOT screw down on the Vamo. Does this include the Protank as well?
Kanger T2 : Do they work good on the Vamo?
Vivi Nova : Heard the ones made by Vision is better. Not sure.

Links to the Tank or Clearomizer you're using, and also... the Coil replacements is greatly appreciated. :vapor:

Hi Ed,
This is really more of a question about clearomizers since pretty much anything will go with a Vamo.
Yes, Vision vivi novas are the original and best vivi novas. Too many people have had problems with the vivi knock offs. I use them Vision vivi novas myself and have had no problems at all - love using them. I use the metal tanks with them.
Others that people like using:
Kanger Protank
Evod
Kanger T3
iClear 16

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
Thanks for all the using experiences. It helps to know what works good, and what doesn't. This will also help out New Vamo users when making decisions about devices.

Ok, just got my backup Vamo in the mail, the drip well is wider on the newer models, so you can use a T3 without an adapter on them.
That’s good news. Would these T3’s work?
Kanger T3 Tabac Bottom Coil Changeable 3mL eGo BCC Clearomizer [T3TABBC3MLCLEARO] - $5.99 :

Glad to know a T3 will screw all the way down WITHOUT needing an adaptor. Is there good Air Flowl? Just in case, I ordered the following:

510/EGO/EGO-T/EGO-C/CE4/CE5 E-cigarette/ Atomizer Convertor Adapter
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...oego-tego-cce4ce5-e-cigarette-atomizer-conver

EGO Battery Convertor Ring for 2.0mL ViVi Nova Atomizer
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1284506

EGO Battery Convertor Ring for 3.5mL ViVi Nova Atomizer
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1326405

I use the Protank, works good for me, I also use the T3's with an adapter….
When you use the Adapter with T3’s, do you notice any decreasing voltage? Does it affect the battery life?

Evod from fasttech as well as iclear30 and protank all work well and available from fasttech

Is this the Evod you’re talking about?
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...electronic-cigarettes-round-mouth-atomizer-15

This iClear 30 is Dual Core. I read the Dual Core DOES NOT work that good with Vamo. This could be a misconception though. But to confirm things, …it DOES work – right?
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...in-iclear-30-dual-coil-electronic-cigarette-r

Good deal on this Protank, so I ordered a couple.
Kanger Protank Clearomizer with Pyrex Glass Tank (2.5mL)
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1379600

Iclear 16s and protanks work really well on the Vamo. Protank looks a little better aesthetically. Iclear 16s are a great little tank to test new juices on tho, quicker to t ake apart and rinse.
Good idea. This iClear 16?
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...in-iclear-16-dual-coil-electronic-cigarette-r

I use T3s with and adapter and two of the three air holes plugged with no problems. The ProTank screws directly on and works fine. I also block one air hole on the ProTank. The Vivi Nova screws directly on as well, but I didn't like it very much. I've also used T2s with an adapter with no problem. I've also tried a CE3 and that works as well, 510 thread. Basically any 510 threaded device will screw right on. ANy Ego threaded device will need an adapter. I also have the FastTech version of the Vamo and that does not need a 510/Ego adapter.

I got this Vivi Nova.
VIVI NOVA Electronic Cigarette Atomizer with Coil Head for Ego-t/w/c/d/k/510/510-t/808d/808/v9 (3.5mL)
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1322401

Anyone have a link to a good Dripping device?

Last edited:

DevastationWagon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2012
South Florida
I came from carto tanks, but I tried and really wanted to like clearos. I've had some success with the Kanger BCC stuff. I just couldn't get past the occasional scratchy dry hit, leaking when upside down, flooding, muted flavor in some, etc. Too many variables for me.

I like the pocket friendliness, reliability, and overall hassle-free vape experience I get from carto tanks. I'm mostly a dripper, so this is my 'on the go' or my work setup.

With that said, here's what's currently atop my Vamo $7.47 Authentic X8 2.5ml Electronic Cigarette Atomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping For the price you can't beat them. They say it's Stainless Steel and from the weight of it, I would assume this to be true. The supplied carto is pretty bad, but stick a Boge or Smoktech in there and it performs great! Maybe I'm just old school :unsure:

V2 SS Vamo X8 Tank.jpg

Last edited:

DevastationWagon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2012
South Florida
^^^A kindred spirit!^^^

In more ways than one DS...I ride too...and I'm originally from the PNW!

Someone asked about a dripping recommendation....I like the Genuine Joyetech 510-T with the wicking plate pulled out (turns it into a solid bridgeless dripping atty).

I still love the HH.357 from Avid Vaper. Once they break in I get some of the best flavor out of all my gear. RBA drippers are great too if you're a more advanced user i.e. Fatty, IGO-L, etc

donesmokin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
NE Oregon
In more ways than one DS...I ride too...and I'm originally from the PNW!

Someone asked about a dripping recommendation....I like the Genuine Joyetech 510-T with the wicking plate pulled out (turns it into a solid bridgeless dripping atty).

I still love the HH.357 from Avid Vaper. Once they break in I get some of the best flavor out of all my gear. RBA drippers are great too if you're a more advanced user i.e. Fatty, IGO-L, etc

And now you're in Florida. I'm am so jealous! I've got a AGA-T+ and a squid RDA (baby octopus) but carto tanks are my mainstay.

CAM00082.jpg

JR 137

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Albany, NY, USA
Thanks for starting this thread ed101z. I was just about to start the same one, but watching here is less work. I'm getting ready to order my Vamo, but I'll wait a little while to see how things work out for you regarding tanks and adaptors.

Also, the clearomizer you use on your current gear is a Kanger T2. If you're not thrilled about it, you may want to avoid the T2. That taste issue you PM'ed me about is most likely dry hits. I posted a bit about it in my Menthol Ice thread in my usual hangout here.

From my research thus far, I'm thinking Evod or Protank. Maybe I'll try both if they're of good quality from Fasttech. Maybe the iClear 30 as well. My problem is I hate buying stuff that doesn't work out for me. I have no problem paying say $20 for a tank that I'll use all day every day, and I'll get livid about spending $2 on something that's junk.

I'm also thinking the Vamo V3's removable top ring can help stuff fit easier.

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
Thanks for starting this thread ed101z. I was just about to start the same one, but watching here is less work. I'm getting ready to order my Vamo, but I'll wait a little while to see how things work out for you regarding tanks and adaptors.

Also, the clearomizer you use on your current gear is a Kanger T2. If you're not thrilled about it, you may want to avoid the T2. That taste issue you PM'ed me about is most likely dry hits. I posted a bit about it in my Menthol Ice thread in my usual hangout here.

From my research thus far, I'm thinking Evod or Protank. Maybe I'll try both if they're of good quality from Fasttech. Maybe the iClear 30 as well. My problem is I hate buying stuff that doesn't work out for me. I have no problem paying say $20 for a tank that I'll use all day every day, and I'll get livid about spending $2 on something that's junk.

I'm also thinking the Vamo V3's removable top ring can help stuff fit easier.

Got frustrated with that other product, and ordered 2 Kanger T2 tanks, and 2 Joyetech 1000mah XL Twist batteries from Goodejuice. Then learned about the Vamo. After contemplating, I decided to keep the order for work since they're small. Both products are authentic, and not 'knock offs'. Glad I kept them because they're much better than that one product (won't name who, but you know. ;) I did notice a difference in the T2 tanks. The real T2 has a longer pin that makes a more solid battery connection, and the metal is a better machined metal - for better contact. I'm quite impressed with the real Kanger T2 and Joyetech. T2 came with a 2.5 coil, and when setting the battery to 4.1... it really brings Silverthorn (from Johnson Creek) to life! Don't get a 'airy' draw like I did with that one product either.

However, I do anticipate the Vamo 2 and trying out the Protank, and Vivi Nova. My order shipped today. Will probably get it next week.

Last edited:

JR 137

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Albany, NY, USA
That tank looks badass. I've been wondering about carto tanks; are they basically a carto inside a tank that's fed by the juice in the tank? What are the advantages/disadvantages of tankomizers (that's what they're called right?) over clearomizers? I've tried regular cartos and don't care for them compared to clearos. Mainly there were things all together missing in the flavor, and I swear I can taste the stuffing. Not that I've only used an eGo type regular battery and twist, and regular cartos and one top coil clearo, so it's not like I'm well traveled.

Sorry to sidetrack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread