Vamo & battery issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldjoe

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2011
Il.
I'm on my second Vamo. The first just died suddenly after a couple of months of infrequent use (printed circuit board failed). I got another in July and it has been working fine. I put in a fresh charged battery tonight and it seemed weak. I checked the Voltage and it showed 3.6V. Put in 5 more batteries and they show full charge but as soon as I hit the Vamo power button a couple of times they instantly drop to 3.6 - 3.7V. I put them on the charger and the charger turns green within minutes but the battery displays the same problem.
I'm suspecting the Vamo is the cause considering I'm experiencing the same problem with 6 batteries. Fortunately I got both for about $40, from two different vendors, so I'm not out all that much but it's still unacceptable. I e-mailed the vendor but their return policy is 10 days so I'm probably just out of luck but I'll see how important customer satisfaction/return purchasing is with the vendor.

oldjoe

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2011
Il.
I have tested all the batteries with a DVM and tried them in another device...they're good as is the charger.
I tried all the batteries this morning and all is well??????

I give, what's TR-1?
All the batteries showed as 4.2 when first inserted.
Put in 5 more batteries and they show full charge but as soon as I hit the Vamo power button a couple of times they instantly drop to 3.6 - 3.7V.

mainevaper

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2013
maine
What kind of batteries? Unprotected right?

Maybe the batteries have just taken a dump on ya. My efests that I bought in march are still going strong, but some samsungs I have that are half as old are not holding a good charge anymore. Next time it gives you a low volts reading, set it down for 5-10 min, and recheck the voltage. I'm willing to bet its dropping under load, but will return to 4 volts after a few min of rest.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
There was a similar post today where it turned out the poster had been using protected Ultrafires. No good.
People sometimes forget that there is already protection in the Vamo and that they need high-drain batteries for it to function at its best. Putting a protected battery in a Vamo is not the way to go.

oldjoe

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2011
Il.
All of my batteries are unprotected. I have a TR-001 charger.
I have tested all the batteries with a DVM and tried them in another device...they're good as is the charger.

All the batteries showed as 4.2 when first inserted.

I used the Vamo all day and night, trying all 5 of the batteries, with no issues. One positive thing that has come out of the experience, I received no reply of any kind from the retailer in 48 hrs. so I know not to do any more business with them. :)

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
One positive thing that has come out of the experience, I received no reply of any kind from the retailer in 48 hrs. so I know not to do any more business with them. :)

sorry to hear your troubles (and second one too)

if you haven't, be sure to write a review about it so we can make a judgement about said vendor
in "Reviews of Suppliers - Negative" under "E-Cigarette Product Reviews" section

good luck, hope you get it worked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread