18350 Totally Wicket Battery Failure in VAMO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
I posted this elsewhere, but got no answer so I'll try here. I've got a Vamo, V2 I believe. I was alternating between 4 batteries, one being a TW battery. I went to use it one time and nothing. I checked the battery voltage and it showed it had a 4.1v charge and the ohms were right on the iClear 30, but I'd been using the same coil head for months so I thought it might have had a problem.

Changed the head, the same problem. At that point I thought perhaps my fix of the VAMO failed so I pulled out a new unused VAMO and used that with the same results. That didn't leave much but I changed tanks with no success again. I finally pulled the TW battery out and put in a different battery and it fired up beautifully.

I checked the voltage on my multimeter and the battery still read 4.1 volts, but the TW battery no longer works in the VAMO. Anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
Greetings; I'm no expert (I've only been vaping a couple months) but I have read up on the Vamo after buying one a couple weeks ago.

Have you tried the usual first attempt at a cure, i.e. pulling up the bottom spring, so that the battery sits higher in the device? Cleaning the Vamo's contact points (i.e. scouring them) might be helpful, too.

If only one battery is not working, that does sound strange, but maybe it just needs to make firmer contact with the contact points. On my V3, i'm certain that one of the tubes is slightly short than the other -- if that's the case with yours, you definitely want to use the shorter one with this battery.

Regards
Glenn

Last edited:

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Push and hold the down button (button on right) for 3+ seconds it shows the resistance of the head if it reads 9.9 then the head isn't touching the center pin
Push and hold the up button (button on the left) for 3+ seconds it shows the voltage of the battery it wouldn't even come on if it didn't have battery power

Either need to get a pair of needle nose pliers and pull center pin on the head down a little bit, or get a very small flat head screwdriver and waddle the center pin up on the vamo (mine does the same thing) same as this problem below..but on the vamo (all 510's can suffer from the sunken center pin)

Last edited:

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
I don't know about the TW batteries, but my Vamo V3 simply will not run with a protected battery. There is lots of information on this in the Vamo thread.

There are basically 3 different types of Lithium rechargeable batteries out there: unprotected (very dangerous to use in any device), protected (has a circuit board built in to shut the battery down), and safe chemistry types.

Since TW tends to rebrand everything, you might have a protected battery whose circuit interferes with the Vamo. Now, having said all that, things change so quickly in this industry that the your Vamo might have different electronics to mine. I doubt that TW would be stupid enough to sell unprotected batteries. I will never buy from them again, so I have no clue as to what they are offering these days.

When I started vaping, I had some issues with some of their rebranded ego's failing on me, and when I posted it on the forum, they went after me with a vengeance. TW does not take criticism lightly-even though I was quite polite. Compare them to Vapor Kings. When my Evic failed after the warranty period, I posted looking for help. VK actually swapped it out with no questions asked.

I have basically tossed (safely disposed of) my protected batteries and gone over to safe chemistry.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
I was hoping someone with a TW battery could give me some insight since it's so weird. To answer some of the questions asked. Yes, I put the battery on a volt meter, it reads 4.1v and I was familiar with the spring issue and the center pin since I had to put the O ring replacement in a couple months ago.

I think the answer may be the protected battery issue, but it's strange that wasn't an issue originally, but has just recently occured unless there's something in that circuitry that could get fried that causes it to read voltage but not allow the volts to be delivered to the device. I'm not an expert on protected batteries even in the widest definition of the word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread