V4L Cartomizers, just a theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiveous

Sep 23, 2009
Australia
Before I say what I'm about to say, I just want to preface that I do not want to cause any controversy, I'm just curious! :confused: So here goes...

There's a few of us out there in e-cigarette-forumland that have had a better experience with V4L cartomizers in terms of quality of taste compared to other vendors. I personally found the V4L menthol cartomizers had more taste than the blister pack ones I got from another seller. So that got me thinking, what is making the difference? Is it the constant phone requests from Steve as some forum members suggest? Maybe the taste naturally differs from batch to batch? Maybe there isnt any difference at all, because a lot of people do believe they come from the same manufacturer- Kanger. So I have been searching and searching and searching.

One thing that stood out for me was the packaging of the cartomizers. I looked through numerous vendors and manufacturers of KR808D-1 cartomizers and they all seem to come in blister packs! So I kept looking for a vendor/manufacturer that produced the KR808D-1 cartomizers in the cardboard type of packaging that V4L sells them in. I couldn't find any! However, I did stumble across something else- Loongtotem V9s. I know they are not the same model, but t seems that manufacturer/vendor of LT-V9 sell their cartomizers in the same type of packaging as V4L's (epuffer, greensmoke, loongtotem, etc). So here is my theory:oops:... Maybe the VK cartomizers aren't KR808D-1 carts and are really LT-V9 carts. Since LT-V9 carts are compatible with KR808D-1 batteries, couldn't this be a possibility? Nowhere on V4L's site does it say what type of carts they are selling and they're compatible with their batteries, so they aren't deceiving us in any way.

Now I don't expect anyone from V4L to confirm nor deny this as they have every right to keep that side of the business concealed for competitive purposes. However, I'm just throwing it out there and curious if anybody can shed some light on this!8-o This is just a light hearted discussion and I don't want to step on any toes but I'd love to hear what you guys have to say!!!

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
There is no magic... and nothing special... and just because we don't know the secret doesn't necessarily mean there is one

I have received cartoz from vendors that were not in blister packs AND I have received a set of cartoz from V4L that were in blister packs

their are alot of possibilities
1. when they received their china shipment
2. what brand of juice is in the cart..weather the reseller gets them pre-filled or has them filled

3. yes if the reseller talks to the manufacturer about an issue and gets it resolved that is great.... the whole point is that no matter where a reseller gets its cartomizers others can get them from there as well.

yes it seemed for a time that v4l was going full throttle with the 2pc models
and definately the most talked about,but that does not mean another vender doesn't have the same quality cartomizer.

V4l had cartomizer issues i.e. duds....but other resellers do as well.

the basic structure of the cartomizer is no different..... no matter how you look at it. you can only do so much with a product so small.....

so what is important is the juice that is what does it the juice... and now more and more people are starting to sell empties.... that will even the "playing field"

another topic is the ecig battery..... I am not going to get into the hype because it always gets blown out and confusing.... but the fact is no matter what battery is used... you can only get soo much from a li-ion that small and as far as cut-off time goes... anyone can request for the chip to be programmed to a certain time....

so for cartomizers it's juice
for batteries..go with what ever you want to believe.. especially since the bigger battery pvs are being used for cartomizers more and more lately.. and that's true long life battery usage 900mah and above out does ANY ecig style battery.

and for everything else its just marketing smoke and mirrors and the power of persuasion.

I didn't mind a 2 piece from any of the resellers I purchased from.... though I got the occasional duds as well... everything was as expected.

and you are right v4l is not deceiving us what so ever and I know the website doesn't post deceit as well...... but sometimes we are our worse enemies.

Now is that a real bad way of seeing things? I mean isn't "Best" subjective anyway

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
(epuffer, greensmoke, loongtotem, etc). So here is my theory:oops:... Maybe the VK cartomizers aren't KR808D-1 carts and are really LT-V9 carts. Since LT-V9 carts are compatible with KR808D-1 batteries, couldn't this be a possibility?

I don't believe that is true.
As far as I am aware the threads on the cartomizers and batteries for those other brands you mentioned are a different style. I could be wrong about that but I am basing it on the fact that my first unit was a Bloog which according to them has the KR808D-1 innards with the threads from the models you mentioned above. And I know that my V4L carts don't thread on to my Bloog batts and vice versa.

Also I can tell you that although cartomizers from both companies have some similar filling in them there is a difference between them as far as what else is in them and how much liquid that causes each to be able to hold.

But basically it boils down to:

isn't "Best" subjective anyway

:cool:

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Kanger Offers both Boxes and Blister Packaging on Carts -- OEM on Boxes is a bit higher than Blister ;)

And as many are probably aware ... Suppliers can have tweaks done to certain items ... Flavors/Nic Strengths/Types of Batteries/Etc....

Just because 1 vendor says menthol and another vendor says menthol, doesn't mean its the same menthol! V4L has a great rep for the Carts they sell, and Steve has spent months perfecting his flavors!

Things may all come from the same place, but that doesn't mean a personal touch can't be added ;)

just my $.01 + $.01 = $.02 cents :)

Hiveous

Sep 23, 2009
Australia
There is no magic... and nothing special... and just because we don't know the secret doesn't necessarily mean there is
one

Saying that I can taste a difference is a far cry from me saying/thinking that there is some magic in them. I can't see why people think its unlikely that a product,-that is made in a factory- can't be made to a particular specification?

and you are right v4l is not deceiving us what so ever and I know the website doesn't post deceit as well...... but sometimes we are our worse enemies.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this, could you clarify?

I mean isn't "Best" subjective anyway

I absolutely agree that 'best' is subjective and to an extent different can be subjective too. However, if the concentration of flavouring in the juice from cartomizers are different, then it is different. This is regardless of if one person can personally taste the difference or not.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
I absolutely agree that 'best' is subjective and to an extent different can be subjective too. However, if the concentration of flavouring in the juice from cartomizers are different, then it is different. This is regardless of if one person can personally taste the difference or not.

yes you are right that is a difference. and the possibilities for a reseller to make slight changes are there... I understand any slight change can be claimed as an "improvement" I have no doubt that V4L has a quality product I use their carts as well and have some of their new flavors. I also know that I have tried cartomizers from other suppliers that were of high quality. And it goes the same with having dud products ...a dud is going to come here and there in time

To explain or clarify the we are our worse enemies.. is that we can easily fall into the hype... and get caught up drinking the cool aid.

I don't know where it got derailed. maybe just the ambiguous claims... if someone said they are the only ones using xyz juice... and everyone knows xyz juice is high quality. and someone says I get my product there because the xyz juice is great and they use it.....I can totally understand that

but when one says they get their product there because they make improvements...and they try the product and it is great....so it must have been the improvements that made it great...... that is false logic and getting caught in the hype.

if the above statement was to stick you would assume that the dud carts were because of the "improvement" or just overlooked

it has changed recently... and I know because of all of the hubb bubb... more and more people are carrying the cartomizers and I am happy for that...

V4L is definately a good reseller to choose and with no doubt have good business practices, but like i said before... alot of others here have good quality as well and a customer service that you can't complain about.

Cash had made some good points and I agree.... but once a carto is empty its all just a enclosed element surrounded by filler... and that's why I buy empties and fill with my choice juices.

NOW Greencig and KR808's that can be left up to opinion on which is better since they are obviously built differently.

but back to your OP... V4L is a good company and Steve and crew are good people... and I would never tell someone not to buy from them. Of course I can say the same for the other respected businesses that sell cartomizers and that I think is my point.

DaShiVa

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Texas
V4L is definately a good reseller to choose and with no doubt have good business practices, but like i said before... alot of others here have good quality as well and a customer service that you can't complain about.

I think this is why there are so many V4L 'fans' -
Sure, V4L don't claim to have the best - They only claim to be working hard at getting the best they can. They make no claims that what they have is 'only available here' - or any of those kinds of things.

But. Unlike others who may have customer service you 'can't complain about' they go not one, but 2 steps further:
The list of things you could complain about in customer service is long, and simply avoiding any complain-able issue is nice, but to take it further, i.e. If you have a faulty product shipped to you, you simply note it on your next order, and get a replacement - no need to return the faulty component. That's going 'above and beyond'.
Then there's the way where on most orders you get something extra, be it a few extra flavours to try, or an extra battery, or what have you.

I think that's what it boils down to with V4L. While they do do their best to ensure that they provide the best vaping batts/carts/juice that the industry has to offer (and rechargers, carrying cases, etc), it's the way they stand behind their product, and show their dedication to their customers... well, as it's said, "Actions speak louder than words."

(I know this is slightly off track from the OP, but it seems to be the land this thread drifted into)

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
I think this is why there are so many V4L 'fans' -
Sure, V4L don't claim to have the best - They only claim to be working hard at getting the best they can. They make no claims that what they have is 'only available here' - or any of those kinds of things.

But. Unlike others who may have customer service you 'can't complain about' they go not one, but 2 steps further:
The list of things you could complain about in customer service is long, and simply avoiding any complain-able issue is nice, but to take it further, i.e. If you have a faulty product shipped to you, you simply note it on your next order, and get a replacement - no need to return the faulty component. That's going 'above and beyond'.
Then there's the way where on most orders you get something extra, be it a few extra flavours to try, or an extra battery, or what have you.

I think that's what it boils down to with V4L. While they do do their best to ensure that they provide the best vaping batts/carts/juice that the industry has to offer (and rechargers, carrying cases, etc), it's the way they stand behind their product, and show their dedication to their customers... well, as it's said, "Actions speak louder than words."

(I know this is slightly off track from the OP, but it seems to be the land this thread drifted into)

OK you have some valid opinions on why you like v4l, but as you don't want this thread to drift into what I assume is a v4l bashing thread.... I am trying to keep the KR808D-1 model specific and this thread from drifting into a one vender specific whatever.

You are right "Actions speak louder than words" but you are failing to realize that is claiming that the other suppliers (especially here on ECF) are below standard , that there are no "Actions"

I am not trying to discredit v4l and I am sure not many are either......

You know what forget it say whatever it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter that I know for a fact that other suppliers treat their customers above and beyond..It doesn't matter that other venders deserve the same kind of support.Why don't I push another vender if I think they are so great?Well it doesn't matter, because actions do speak louder than words. They get their thanks from not just me but all of their customers.

Sorry that you felt that you had to post you own wordy v4l boost...showing that you missed the point entirely.that you feel that you have to sway the idea towards a specific vendor rather than truely trying to inform and educate members of the ECF community.

I will stop forget it, because obviously what I try to say is either going to cause either v4l pushers or v4l bashers indicating I really don't know how to get my point across.(At least my point was enough to get the Kr808d-1 sub-forum up in the first place..so that's a plus)

Good Day and happy vapin

DaShiVa

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Texas
OK you have some valid opinions on why you like v4l, but as you don't want this thread to drift into what I assume is a v4l bashing thread.... I am trying to keep the KR808D-1 model specific and this thread from drifting into a one vender specific whatever.
Please reread the last line of my post....
You are right "Actions speak louder than words" but you are failing to realize that is claiming that the other suppliers (especially here on ECF) are below standard , that there are no "Actions"
I don't have any idea what you are saying with the above sentance.
I am not trying to discredit v4l and I am sure not many are either......
Never said you were, you just seemed to be missing some of the aspects in your earlier posts, so I was attempting to help you to understand that there is more to comparing a product/service than you were adressing
You know what forget it say whatever it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter that I know for a fact that other suppliers treat their customers above and beyond..It doesn't matter that other venders deserve the same kind of support.Why don't I push another vender if I think they are so great?Well it doesn't matter, because actions do speak louder than words. They get their thanks from not just me but all of their customers.

Cool, pls let us know who has comparable service - It really is an important factor in choosing a supplier, imho it's the most important. Thats why I browsed through all the supplier sub forums before deciding on V4L. If you don't post about your customer service experience then you're doing your suppliers an injustice, or you just really didn't experience that great service, and simply have nothing to complain about, which is good too, but not the same. While I've been following ecigs I've seen a lot of other suppliers appear to take inspiration from V4L - products at least, and following the same service wouldn't surprise me either, as it has worked so well for V4L, and I'm always open to try new things/suppliers, but I like to do my research first :p
Sorry that you felt that you had to post you own wordy v4l boost...showing that you missed the point entirely.that you feel that you have to sway the idea towards a specific vendor rather than truely trying to inform and educate members of the ECF community.

To the contrary, I believe my post was clear about it's purpose, and was following the vein of your previous posts, which, as I noted, was off topic to the OP
I will stop forget it, because obviously what I try to say is either going to cause either v4l pushers or v4l bashers indicating I really don't know how to get my point across.(At least my point was enough to get the Kr808d-1 sub-forum up in the first place..so that's a plus)
Um, what was the title of this thread again? I believe it was V4L specific, else I wouldn't have made my post to begin with, and I'm sure you wouldn't have made yours either.

Anyhows, I'm more than happy to forget it, I just felt the need to clarify my post, and clear the air.
In any event, I respect your posts in general, and find your approach usually unbiased, else I would never have pointed out my considerations.

Good Day and happy vapin
Right back at you :)

Taryn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Florida
I'm quite sure that the V4L packaging is different because they specified the type of packaging they wanted for their product. And I also do believe that most of the cartomizers out there are made by one or very few companies so many resellers are essentially reselling the same product (just like many of the juice resellers). But I also know that suppliers can request changes to their specific orders and that can change the outcome of the final product. I used to work for a soy milk plant and we made many brands of soy milk for different companies so I do have a frame of reference from the manufacturing end.

In the end order from who you like, just like I do. Get yourself off those analogs and learn to enjoy vaping that's whats important. Yes I do direct people to the V4L subforums quite often, but that is so they can learn all the tips and tricks that we have posted in the very active forum. Who they buy from is certainly their choice!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread