Mega battery with KR808D-1 threading

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishGirl

Oct 29, 2010
El Paso
For all of you who want the smaller circumference of the KR808D-1 cartomizers and the mega battery life this unit is for you -

I just bought the KR-Vgo kit from Vapors Heaven for $50.00. What a deal - comes with cone, 5 large cartomizers, 2 1000mah batteries and charging cord. I just hit 4 days on the same battery and it is still going!!! Like all batteries I am sure with age, battery life with go down, but it can go down by 50% and I will still be happy. It is just a little more than 1/2 inch longer (but fatter) than the XL KR808D-1 batteries from V4L. I got the stainless steel model and it is pretty with a blue lcd and is manual. The cartomizers that it comes with are also stainless steel and twice as long as a V4L cartomizer, but hold twice as much. The 2 ml cartomizers of course extends the length another inch, but my Wow cartomizers from V4L work great. The included cone makes a sleek transition between the KR808D-1 cartomizers and the larger battery.

My husband has a Go-Go ($60.00 for the kit) and his also lasts a long time, but uses proprietary 3 ml cartomizers (about $1.00 more per cartomizer plus I don't like to put that much liquid in at a time and I know of only two vendors where you can get them). The Go-Gos are larger in circumference and feel like a cigar in your mouth. The Go-Go battery is fatter, but shorter by 1 1/2 inches than the Kr Vgo.

Vapors Heaven sells a adaptor for $2.00 for those KR-808D-1 cartomizers that don't work - so far all have worked, but I still would get it because it makes the regular size cartomizers extend a little more past the cone. Liquids taste better in the Kr Vgo and apparently they "ignite better" because I feel a need to lower my nicotene content.

What can I say very, very happy - not afraid to leave the house with just one battery and the 2 ml. cartomizer. This is my first order with Vapors Heaven and the customer service, shipping, etc. was all first rate!

Roach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2011
Hayward, WI
go-gousa.com is offering some go-go battery to kr808d carto adapters. They say "subject to testing" so I guess he wants to make sure they work before selling any. I like the 808 clearomizers and the 808 seems a "warmer" vapor than the go-go cartos, so I might try it out when they are available. Be nice to have a big whomping battery on 808 cartos. :)

IrishGirl

Oct 29, 2010
El Paso
go-gousa.com is offering some go-go battery to kr808d carto adapters. They say "subject to testing" so I guess he wants to make sure they work before selling any. I like the 808 clearomizers and the 808 seems a "warmer" vapor than the go-go cartos, so I might try it out when they are available. Be nice to have a big whomping battery on 808 cartos. :)

CigEasy was advertising the adaptors for Go-Gos to KR808D-1 threading, but I never saw them in stock - don't know if they didn't work out or just never came in. Anyway, you still would not have a cone that put the mega battery and smaller carto together nicely like the KR Vgo.

Roach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2011
Hayward, WI
CigEasy was advertising the adaptors for Go-Gos to KR808D-1 threading, but I never saw them in stock - don't know if they didn't work out or just never came in. Anyway, you still would not have a cone that put the mega battery and smaller carto together nicely like the KR Vgo.

ahh, I see, you're right. one is kinda cobbled together while the other is a coherent system.

kittypie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Charlotte NC
I love my VGo 650 mah kit that I got for...

wait for it...

20 bucks!

Ordered a 1100 mah VGo bat from Health Cabin for 16 and change. Will be a couple of weeks, hopefully worth the wait. I have a Go-Go that I don't like, draw is too airy, but my sister likes it so I gave it to her.

My other sister has en eGo but still loves her V4L batts as her primary PVs.

I really like vaping the 808 cartos over any other method and don't mind the refilling.

Natalia

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2010
California
I love my VGo 650 mah kit that I got for...

wait for it...

20 bucks!

Ordered a 1100 mah VGo bat from Health Cabin for 16 and change. Will be a couple of weeks, hopefully worth the wait. I have a Go-Go that I don't like, draw is too airy, but my sister likes it so I gave it to her.

My other sister has en eGo but still loves her V4L batts as her primary PVs.

I really like vaping the 808 cartos over any other method and don't mind the refilling.

That's the kit from Analog Alternative that we both got, right kittypie? Mine is still going strong and all my 808 cartos fit it perfectly. I'm thinking when Mike gets them in again, I'll get another one.

I love my 808 cartos too and even use them on Riva/eGos with adapters. :)

Joe_Atlanta

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Gen 1 808's run at 4.2v on load at the start and drop with use, gen 2 are regulated to 3.6v. Fat batts are usually regulated to 3.2-3.4v on load with a few regulated at 3.7v.
The Kanger Vgos (from Vapors Heaven and Analog Alternative) are to the original KR808-1 specs, 4.2 hot off the charger. I believe the Igos, Echos and Kgos are the same. And so far the Kanger Vgo I got from AA is completely compatible with any KR-808-1 cartos, as well as 901 attys. I've pretty much stopped using my stick batteries, just the Vgo and my pass through.

Joe_Atlanta

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Joe Atlanta sir igo's drop to 3.7 on load, same for the vgo, and the echo. Once my funds have recovered from my dog's torn ccl (dog version of the acl), will get a kgo to test.
Geez, what are you running on those things, that's a 1/2 volt drop! So far with the Vgo 650, I've measured V droop with a Cool Cart (~3.3 Ohm) -.21, CE2r4 metal case (~3.1) -.23, Kanger XL horizontal coil (~2.8?) -.27 and Wow cart (~2.4Ohm) is -.30. All carts were filled.
From 4.25 down to 4.0 unloaded V, 10 good, long drags on a Cool Cart causes a V drain of ~.03-.05, the battery recovers .1-.2 after resting a few minutes. Gives me about 7 good smokes before I get down into the 3.7 loaded range (and start thinking about switching to a hotter cart).

BTW, best of luck with your dog. One my puppies (100lb, 7yr old Ridgeback) is just recovering from a weird reaction to a vaccination (caused her white cell count to drop precipitously). Recovery has been agonizingly slow and expensive, but we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

AteOhAter

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
California, SF Bay Area
Joe Atlanta sir igo's drop to 3.7 on load, same for the vgo, and the echo. Once my funds have recovered from my dog's torn ccl (dog version of the acl), will get a kgo to test.
Morandir: So even though the Igo isn't technically regulated, does the voltage drop under load accomplish the same thing from a practical standpoint? Meaning, with a given carto, do you think I would notice any significant difference between a gen 2 KR808D1 battery and an Igo battery?

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
AteOhAter (sir or Ms.?) the igo I tested was regulated, only way it had that much of a voltage drop and it had the ego like circuit board when I disassembled it. Used higher ohm horizontal coils on it (in the 2.8+ range) and there was no juice burning issues.

If you test an ego without a carto/atty attached it will read out at 4.2v, the moment you put it on load it drops to 3.2-3.4v depending on the manufacturer. It's not a voltage droop, it's the regulator circuit kicking in. It's why there are people who go from an ego to a mod and there's a huge difference between vapor warmth and th if using the same atty/carto juice combination. Even though they were both listed at 3.7v, the ego really isn't running that high, and the 3.7v mod is out putting whatever voltage on the batt (as long as said mod lacks a regulator as well).

Last edited:

kittypie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Charlotte NC
That's the kit from Analog Alternative that we both got, right kittypie? Mine is still going strong and all my 808 cartos fit it perfectly. I'm thinking when Mike gets them in again, I'll get another one.

I love my 808 cartos too and even use them on Riva/eGos with adapters. :)

Yep, that's it! I :wub: it so much!!!

Joe_Atlanta

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
Stone Mountain, Georgia
I'm pretty sure the V-Go is 808 compatible, but it comes in two versions. The 650 mAh battery takes regular 808 cartos but the 1300 mAh battery takes a different one that has a larger diameter.
Apparently VGO has been adopted by many of Chinese manufacturers: E-cig Vgo-E-cig Vgo Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters on Alibaba.com . Most seem to have 510 connectors. Do a Google search for VGO ecig and you'll find some US dealers that sell these. However, the Kanger VGOs are native KR808d1 connection and work as well (or better) with all my cartos and 901 attys as my V4L skinnies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread