Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Thanks. I don't know why I can't seem to come up sith these threads when i search the forum. I wish that I would have seen this sooner. Just ordered 3 of the Elegants and sure I paid too much again. Oh well. At least I will get them quicker.

No problem, the search engine can be quirky sometimes, especially w/ variations in spelling.

THE

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2008
USA

THE

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2008
USA
I definitely would have went with that! I just got 2 of my Elegants and have 1 defective battery already. Not sure how long it will take to get a replacement.

I think battery failure is just part of the game .. we're asking fairly small batteries for alot of juice .. and shorting them every time we use them

100s or 1000s of "uses" really add up to alot of stress and quickly

The good news is that most distributors are doing a great job of standing behind their product. . As an example, my father and I bought a regular kit and a mini kit from Red Dragon, a total of three batteries... They've sent something like TEN replacements as they keep going bad ..

So in their case, even though their batteries suck, they stand behind 'em
I'm pleased with most sellers from what I've read ..
I just wish the battery tech would hurry up and "catch up" to us .. it's so close, now ..

More good news is that I believe that these batteries generally fail right away OR go the distance. So after you use one awhile, you shouldn't have to worry too much about it going bad.

I also think that if we don't go out of control spending a fortune .. Replacing a battery even once a week wouldn't cost as much as smoking cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread