Want to go from 808 to either RIVA or eGO, just need a 510/808 adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

renstyle

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Boone, Iowa
Hello all,

I've been giving this KR808 setup a try for a good 8 weeks now, the battery situation has finally bothered me enough to move forward with a Riva/eGo purchase.

I realize that the eGo is exclusively 510 (tankomizers and the like may be different, I was just talking standard attys). The RIVA gives you a 510 or 901 option. I want to continue using my KR808 cartos until they all die (plus my wife likes using the 'sticks', but she isn't nearly as heavy a vaper as I am). The KR808s will prolly become hers completely once I get my new PV.

Trying to make a cost-effective decision, then somebody told me about ADAPTERS!

So basically with a $2.50(ish) adapter, can we really get just about any 510 carto/atty to fit on a 901/808 battery? This would make the 901 RIVA attractive. (Anybody here have a 901 RIVA? Will it take "standard" KR808 cartos with no adapter)?

Is the reverse true also? If I go and splurge on some 808 cartos can I use them with a 901/510 adapter on the RIVA/eGo batts? Wasn't sure if the cone would keep this from working, or if it would change the airflow around the carto so much it wouldn't work.

I realize that's actually $5.00, since you will need a different adapter for each "direction" you want to go.

Then there is the resistance question, the eGOs from what I've read run about 3.3-3.4V? Some have told me the RIVAs are true 3.7V devices, other say they are closer to the eGO. I know we can use LR attys to get around the lower voltage, but has anybody used 808 cartos at that voltage? Not sure if they would be a dud or not?

Sorry for all of the newb questions, I've tried to piece together as much as I could from various posts on this and other forums, now that I'm gearing up for a purchase, would love to hear your thoughts.

Basically, will either get a RIVA 901 to play nice with my cartos, or the 510 RIVA/eGO and deal with the adapters for my 808 cartos.

One thing I hadn't considered, the eGO USB passthru, I want one of those too... they are all 510 (DOH!)

Last edited:

renstyle

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Boone, Iowa
I think, now correct me if im wrong, but 510 attys will thread onto a 808 battery.

The 901 atty has the same thread as the 808 carto, so will physically fit on a KR808 battery. To go the other way around on a "standard" 901 battery with an 808 carto, you'd need an adapter, since the 901 battery itself does not have holes, depends on the atty to provide that.

So I know I'd need an adapter with a "standard" 901 battery, but wasn't sure if the RIVA 901 connection had slots/holes to allow cartos to be used out-of-the-box, or if I needed this same adapter for the RIVA as well.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hello all,

I've been giving this KR808 setup a try for a good 8 weeks now, the battery situation has finally bothered me enough to move forward with a Riva/eGo purchase.

I realize that the eGo is exclusively 510 (tankomizers and the like may be different, I was just talking standard attys). The RIVA gives you a 510 or 901 option. I want to continue using my KR808 cartos until they all die (plus my wife likes using the 'sticks', but she isn't nearly as heavy a vaper as I am). The KR808s will prolly become hers completely once I get my new PV.

Trying to make a cost-effective decision, then somebody told me about ADAPTERS!

So basically with a $2.50(ish) adapter, can we really get just about any 510 carto/atty to fit on a 901/808 battery? This would make the 901 RIVA attractive. (Anybody here have a 901 RIVA? Will it take "standard" KR808 cartos with no adapter)?

Like the other poster says, you'll need an adapter either way, so you're best bet is for the eGo or Riva with the 510 connection. That also opens up many other possibilities - 510 cartos, the eGo mega attys and carts, the eGo tanks, the new 510-t tanks and the 306lr atty for dripping, as well as anything that can be used with an adapter. There is a 901 to 510 adapter but the space that it would use on a 901 Riva wouldn't allow some of those other choices without it looking odd.

One thing about using the 510 -901 adapter on the eGo or Riva is that the KR8 cartos - while they fit the adapter well, are just a bit wider in diameter than the 510 atty/cart and the eGo/Riva cone may have to be honed out a bit to accommodate that extra width - otherwise the draw can be really tight or even cut off - since the airflow on the eGo with a cone is via the top of the cone not at the battery connection directly which is covered by the cone. Some people saw off the top of the cone off but if you have (or know someone who has) a reamer that is much simpler and works well. If you want to be exact, take a measurement of the cone before and a 510 atty/cart and note the difference - then measure the KR8 carto and ream the cone for the same gap. Perhaps better, if it's not a concern, is to not use the cone at all with the KR8 cartos.

renstyle

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Boone, Iowa
There really does seem to be alot of reasons to go with the 510 as the "baseline" rather than the 808 carts. As you had both mentioned, could still use 510 cartos on the 808 batts with just an adapter (I use a drip tip as a mouthpiece on my 808s now anyway, so it would already look odd regardless)... :)

I also keep forgetting that a RIVA/eGO works without the cone, which would be fine for me with 808 cartos at home. Thanks for the reminder!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread