Using TV Doublers with High Nic Juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

windylou723

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2009
East Central MN, USA
I have not tried TV juices yet, but I really want to try them, from reading such great reviews about them!

But I have a question about the Doublers. I have a bunch of no-flavor high nicotine juices (24mg to 48mg) that I need to start using for DYI mixing, before they go bad. Would the Doublers be good to mix with the no-flavor high nic juices that I have, or would the flavors then be too diluted to taste good? Not sure if it matters, but I usually vape anywhere between 12mg- 24mg.

Any help on this before I place my first order with Tasty Vapor, would be great - Thanks!

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
I have not tried TV juices yet, but I really want to try them, from reading such great reviews about them!

But I have a question about the Doublers. I have a bunch of no-flavor high nicotine juices (24mg to 48mg) that I need to start using for DYI mixing, before they go bad. Would the Doublers be good to mix with the no-flavor high nic juices that I have, or would the flavors then be too diluted to taste good? Not sure if it matters, but I usually vape anywhere between 12mg- 24mg.

Any help on this before I place my first order with Tasty Vapor, would be great - Thanks!

TV doublers are to double the juice quantity rather than having double flavor ...

You certainly could do what you've suggested. You might want to ask if they can ramp the flavor in your order though, so that when you mix with your unflavored it doesn't cut the level of flavor too drastically. Don't know if Geoff can do that without throwing off his recipes, but it can't hurt to ask.

Jan

clownfish159

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2010
Ohio
Yeah, to make 24 mg juice with the doublers and 48 mg base you would have to halve it. I would say that would cut down on taste a bit. For 30ml of 12 mg juice starting with a 48mg base and a doubler you would need 27.5 ml of the doubler and 7.5 ml of the 48 mg juice. That would give you 30 ml of 12mg juice. Flavor would be cut down considering you are cutting with unflavored rather then TV's flavored.
I would say cut that recipe in half to 15ml total end product to give it a test if Geoff can't add more flavor to a doubler. I would imagine that he can't do that since his products are already well priced without having to raise the price a bit for the extra flavor.

Synthnadz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2009
Florida
I myself mix TV's Doublers with high nic unflavored, and here's what I've found:

As long as I'm mixing with 100mg / ml nic juice, the TV doublers work great. Since I'm mixing down to a ~15mg level, I mix 1.5ml of nic juice with 8.5ml of Doubler. This works just great for me.

However, trying to dilute a Doubler by any more than 15-25% will result in minimal flavor, so with the nic concentrations you're listing, you likely won't get good results. For example, mixing your 48mg juice to 24mg by using 50% nic juice and 50% doubler just isn't going to cut it. Also, I've always asked for 'double flavor' when ordering from TV, but I don't think I've ever actually gotten it. In short, the 'strongest' they're willing to make their Doublers just isn't strong enough to dilute by 50%. 10-20% - yes, but anything more than that and you'll have a weak tasting mix.

Hope this helps!

windylou723

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2009
East Central MN, USA
I did know that the doublers were not double flavor. Darn, I wish I had some 100mg nonflavored nic juice, instead of the wimpy stuff I have! lol It sounds like the flavors would end up too diluted to mix with what I have. I am trying to save some money, by not having to buy the 1oz bottles AND the doublers, since I have put soooo much money into this over the past (almost) year, trying different e-juices and different e-cigs (the 510, 801, 901, VX2, Jantystick, the 401 and the KR808D-1...oh and almost forgot - the Lady Pipe too). I have a ton of flavorings also (Lorann's and Capella's) to mix up my own. I am still having a couple analogs a day :( (used to smoke a pack a day and more on weekends) and I have way too much stuff, trying to break this awful smoking addiction of 26 years! But thank you to everyone for their input, I really do appreciate it!

Last edited:

VaporTrailz

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Eastern NC
Heres an idea...lets see if I can type this out where it makes sense...

Order flavored 48mg to mix with your unflavored 48mg 50/50 for a half-flavored base. Then order the necessary flavor doubler to cut your base down 50/50 for 24mg end result.

I'd think that would work, but I've never experimented with DIY except to add menthol...and I always end up with a really strong menthol!

clownfish159

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2010
Ohio
I did know that the doublers were not double flavor. Darn, I wish I had some 100mg nonflavored nic juice, instead of the wimpy stuff I have! lol It sounds like the flavors would end up too diluted to mix with what I have. I am trying to save some money, by not having to buy the 1oz bottles AND the doublers, since I have put soooo much money into this over the past (almost) year, trying different e-juices and different e-cigs (the 510, 801, 901, VX2, Jantystick, the 401 and the KR808D-1...oh and almost forgot - the Lady Pipe too). I have a ton of flavorings also (Lorann's and Capella's) to mix up my own. I am still having a couple analogs a day :( (used to smoke a pack a day and more on weekends) and I have way too much stuff, trying to break this awful smoking addiction of 26 years! But thank you to everyone for their input, I really do appreciate it!

Just to throw it out there and Im not saying that TV juices will help you quit. But I was smoking analogs along with vaping when I first started and once I got my first order from tv I havent had an analog at all. Not one, and I used to smoke 1 1/2 - 2 packs a day.

windylou723

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2009
East Central MN, USA
Timothy,
I have thought about using the classified ads to sell juices and equipment, so I can have some money to try Tasty Vapor liquids. I have been vaping since June of 2009, and alot of my juices don't have a date on them or the name of the supplier. They have been stored in a cool, dark place, and some have been opened and sampled, but I'm not sure people would want to buy undated and/or unnamed supplier liquids, so I'm not sure they are worth putting up for sale? I really would hate to just throw them all out, when I spent so much on them.

timothy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2010
texas
just be open and honest with people and dont ask a arm and leg for the stuff that has been opened or sampled and let them know what you got and what your asking for it and maybe add the flavorings with the unflavored as a kit for one price and if you can take pic's to post with it you might be suprised better than throwing it out

windylou723

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2009
East Central MN, USA
Ok, you talked me into it! I placed an order last night. Didn't get any of the doublers at this time, just a bunch of the 1 oz to see what the flavors are like. I went a little overboard, but.......THAT'S what I do! I am a bit obsessive-compulsive with my e-cigs and flavors. I ordered: Tobacco, Atomic Cinnacide, German Chocolate Cake, Bananas Foster, Butter Rum, Caramel Popcorn, Butter Cream, and Tasty Finger! All in 24mg, 20% VG mix. Hope I will be in vaping heaven when these arrive :lol: I can't wait for these to be delivered, I am so excited!!

Bageone

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Ok so I have officially died and gone to heaven!
I am a new vapor and thanks to this forum I am happy as I could be. I smoked 2 packs a day for 45 years ( yes I am a smoking granny) I ordered from Tasty Vapors and I am very pleased and was able to mix it to the proper strength because of all of you.
I made the regular noob mistake of ordering a Blu but my 510 is making its way to me from cignot, in the meantime dipping with this juice is doing the trick with the blu, also using blufoam mod with carts.

Just wanted to thank everyone and Geoff for making me a happy NON smoker.

Baggie

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Windylou,
If you don't like any of those flavors TV juice sells like hotcakes in the classifieds.:D

I use 60 mg unflavored and doublers. So far they have come out good. I only do a 12 mg mix. Eventually after I run out of 60mg I am going to order 100 mg to use with the doublers. I also have bought 24mg juice from TV as well.
I thought the highest nicotine level for TV is 48mg.

Bageone, don't throw out your Blu when your 510 comes. It may not be ideal, but there's nothing wrong with having an "okay" back up for emergencies.

Bageone

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Thanks for the advice Poeia.. I will stick it in a drawer..

Windylou.. I ordered the Tobacco/menthol flavor.. I want to try some of the specials when they come up weekly special.

For the last 20 yrs of this 45yr habit I was smoking capri menthol which is a very very mild cig.. so even cutting the juice to 12 mg was too strong for me, so I just cut it down some more.. People always asked why I was still smoking if all I needed was a mild cig,, they just do not understand addiction.. I think a major part of it is hand to mouth addiction too.. Last night I was just just vaping the doubler 50% of the time to wean myself even more..

I want to be on 0% by the time I finish this bottle of 48mg and then enjoy some of the 0mg fruit flavors..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread