Status
Not open for further replies.

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
Yes, Geoff has said many times that the Doublers are designed specifically to mix with his nic juices to lower the nic content. I was actually hoping that the doublers would be 'double flavor' for cutting with unflavored nic juice, but that is unfortunately not the case.

That being said, I do use his Doublers to cut down my 100mg / ml nic juice, and at 10% nic juice the flavor still holds up rather well. Unfortunately, it does become a problem when I want to use say 24 mg nic juice, as cutting 50/50 with a Doubler certainly drains it of its flavor.

Geoff: if you're reading this, I'd gladly pay another $5 per 4oz Doubler bottle for 'double flavor' mixers. This would be exactly what I'm after, and would result in me buying a lot more from you. ;-)

All the best, quote]

Geoff says on the website or maybe it was in this forum that if you want double flavor all you have to do is put in the comment section when your ordering "Double flavor".

this is the wonderful thing about ordering juice made to order.

but i do have a question about your 100mg nic juice because i was just about to order some myself and dont quite follow you.

Even Geoff has to start with a base nic juice. For the purposes of this example im going to say we are making a 30ml bottle of juice. You want to go from 100mg to 24MG

With 100mg nic juice you need 7.2 ML
Doubler you need 22.8 ML

Why is your flavor not holding up in this scenario. Geoff is starting with a base nic juice as well and then mixing in all the flavors. His doubler accomplishes the same thing. Am i missing something here?

His flavor calculations are based on what he's already made not what your adding to it. So you are actually cutting his doubler if you ad nic juice to it. Think about it this way if you adding water to coffee it wouldn't be as strong.

You wouldn't happen to have the link where Geoff said he would double the flavor would you?

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
well, the freebees are nice...but think of the cost some of these folks are getting for 10 ml of juice....its flipping ridiculous.

At Tasty Vapor Prices...i don't expect anything more. And, his bottles he uses are awesome....really durable bottles.

And....the juice here doesnt have that waxy / chemical / really nasty ... flavoring that some of these people use. I was totally amazed that he even used any LorAnn flavorings...cant stand the stuff....but Geoff somehow manages to cover up that waxy/plastic nastiness when i try it elsewhere. I swear , I've vaped some that tasted just like candle wax...i couldnt wait to get that taste outta my mouth...

And..let me promise you...If you get a flavor you don't like...it will sell in a snap here or in the classifieds. SOme of us love things that others dont....and I will definately trade the flavor im not so crazy about for one that i love.

So..please if any of you get something you dont like...give us other Tasty Vapor stalkers a chance at it.

Just my 2 cents worth....its 3am and i cant sleep...haha...so im up here posting...dog at my foot, the other dog in the recliner ( aint that the life ! )

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
You know, I have never once received a freebie from any of the suppliers (7 or 8) I've ordered from!!! I've spent several hundred dollars since Jan 1 and none have shown appreciation for my business this way. I wonder what criteria they use for adding a little something extra to an order. :(

Same with me :(. I want some freebies one day!

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Same with me :(. I want some freebies one day!

I'm sure someone will jump down my throat for saying this, but I'm beginning to think it's still a man's world. How many women have received freebies from vendors compared to men??? :(

(Not talking about TV but suppliers in general.)

buttercrunch

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Oregon
I'm female, and I get freebies from most suppliers, maybe about 3/4 of the time.
None from TV, maybe because it was my first (small) order. no worries, though.

All your great reviews convinced me to give TV a try. I truly wish I had known to ask for double flavor, I ordered three items and I'm so sad cuz they are so light on flavor. I ordered 2 doublers - buttercream & pralines & cream and 1 juice - blueberry cheesecake 24mg
the little hints of flavor I am getting are pretty good, though. I even think maybe the buttercream could potentially be a fave... if only the flavor was stronger! I know it's not me going thru a "weird taster phase" cuz my regulaar favorite juices are full of flavor as usual. ah well, it's my fault for not doing enough research. I guess I can always add some DIY flavoring to them so they don't go to waste. I really want to try the b-finger, maybe I'll try that one next time!

Martin2277

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
You know I have seen this disturbing trend where everyone on the Forum (ECF) will expect to get freebies. I think everyone has missed the fact that Vendors pay for their product and normally would like to get paid for them. I have received some nice things from some of the suppliers but I have never expected them.

I have placed many orders on Tasty Vapor and when I order a bottle of Eliquid with a bottle of Doubler I normally get a small bottle to mix my own nic level. But this is not a given. It was a freebie.

You should never expect to get something for free b/c you are spending more money or ordering multiple items. That way if someone sends you something you could be surprised instead of disappointed when you get only what you paid for. Have you ever gone to the Store and got a free anything? Yeah I know people are going to tell me they got something free when they bought something else. But has the checker in the store ever reached over and tossed in a free pack of gum or a candy bar. That is what you are expecting from the suppliers.

OK sorry for the Rant.....

The person that got two free bottles and needs to mix 1-1. All you have to do is fill half the bottle with Eliquid and the other half with doubler. I do this all the time. It works great.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Though Geoff does throw in free bottles I cant imagine anyone even looking for freebies at the extremely LOW prices that Geoff sells his fantastic flavorful doubles for. If you do the math and purchase some 50mg or 100mg Nic and use that to make your juice with these doubler's it is a super fantastic deal, and a great juice mix full of fresh flavor already premixed to your own likings however you want your PG/VG ratio for the most part. I have been using these forever to make my juice and it has to be one of if not the most economical ways to make some great juice that is available in today's e-juice marketplace in my opinion, No freebies needed here Geoff !

Last edited:

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Do doublers have 'double flavor' ?

Doublers are the same flavor as the e-liquid but without the nicotine. Tasty Vapor sells them for substantially less than they sell their e-liquid. You can therefore buy your liquid at a higher strength than you vape, mix it with a doubler and get the right strength with no loss of flavor for a great price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread