Using KR808D1 cartos on the eGo- hard draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarlet Fire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2010
Terrapin
I just got my new eGo yesterday and I love it, except the way my KR8's draw on it. It's like blowing up a balloon in reverse. The amount of sucking effort it takes just to get a little bit of vape is significant.

I'll probably switch over to 510 cartos, which I've tried on my eGo with good results. I have a ton of KR8 cartos that I'd like to use up, though. I'm using the 510 to 808 adapter from madvapes. Is it possible to avoid turning blue in the face using KR8 cartos on the eGo, or is that just the way it is? Any advice would be appreciated!

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
if it's the 3 piece 510 battery to 808/901 adapter from madvapes.... you can take the adapter off... then take a flat head screwdriver to the slotted 808 side and turn it counter clockwise...it'll unscrew the adapter (both posts will move outward) and it'll open up the airflow and draw..

just fine tune it to where you like..

Lorizgal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2010
Really near the mexican border.
just leave the connector on and there is a flat screw driver like slot on top with the cartomizer off. Just turn it alittle one direction or the other to you liking and it will get to a point where you can vape better.
It's just take alittle tweeking, I had the same problem with my 510 to Kr8088d's cartomizers and it draws like a beaut now.
Lorizgal

Scarlet Fire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2010
Terrapin
Awesome- thank you! I'm now in search of a screwdriver narrow enough to do the job. I've already tried loosening the adapter, carto, etc, and that didn't work. I didn't think the adapter was adjustable, but looking more closely at it, I see what you mean. Thanks again for the advice!

Off to search for my itty-bitty screwdriver...

Kimmy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
See I'm not sure adjusting the adapter is going to help. It is my understanding that using the eGo with the cone restricts airflow since it is a tight fit on the carto. I have heard of people sanding down the end of the cone so it doesn't restrict airflow. I'm trying to find out the best way to do this as well.

To find out if this is truly an adapter problem, try vaping the eGo with the cone off. Does the airflow improve?

I need to find out how to sand down my cone because vaping my ego without the cone defeats the purpose for me.

But since you are also a 510 user, I'm not sure if altering the cone is a good idea for you. For me, since I use cartos exclusively, it's a great fix for me.

Mr.Self_Destruct

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2010
Queens, NY
See I'm not sure adjusting the adapter is going to help. It is my understanding that using the eGo with the cone restricts airflow since it is a tight fit on the carto. I have heard of people sanding down the end of the cone so it doesn't restrict airflow. I'm trying to find out the best way to do this as well.

To find out if this is truly an adapter problem, try vaping the eGo with the cone off. Does the airflow improve?

I need to find out how to sand down my cone because vaping my ego without the cone defeats the purpose for me.

But since you are also a 510 user, I'm not sure if altering the cone is a good idea for you. For me, since I use cartos exclusively, it's a great fix for me.
people have done that for 510 cartos. The kr808 cartos are narrower in fit the cone nicely. I've read that you need a Kr808 specific adapter because of the airflow, a regular 901 adapter won't work.

I do like the 510 cartos better than the kr808 cartos I've tried.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Hey, Kimmy! Long time no see!:D

Just peel the sticker off your carto and go stainless. Very chic! No need to damage your pretty cone!

If Drozd says it will work, it will. ;)

Last edited:

Kimmy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Hey, Kimmy! Long time no see!:D

Just peel the sticker off your carto and go stainless. Very chic! No need to damage your pretty cone!

If Drozd says it will work, it will. ;)

Hahaha, okay, I will. I just hate taking the stickers off. Makes them all hot and it's a major PIA. I was worried about the cone thing, but honestly thinking about it, it's really not that noticable. I am so in love with how it looks and vapes I don't even care. I just read a whole lot of threads talking about altering cones and it freaked me out:)

BTW, I got your PM. I am so bad with replying to messages it's ridiculous. I appreciate you letting me know! Your awesome:)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
The stickers from the cartos in question come off easily, they use some light adhesive, no violence required. Just a wipe with a cigarette lighter fluid (if you have any left :D) or some goo be gone and you're good. And those do not get hot. Besides, you can always use a drip tip.

And I can recommend some nice 510 cartos. I like the SLB 510 (bronze threads), IkenVape carries them, and VaporKings. I like them better than the Boge (silver threads). But some folks prefer the Boge. I would get a couple of each and play with them.

Not to mention the big eGo cartomizers that just arrived. 2.5 ml capacity. No cone required. Total blast, a pain to fill.

Congrats of your eGo. Enjoy!

Scarlet Fire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2010
Terrapin
Kimmy, I've tried it with the cone both on and off. I wasn't a 510 user until I got my eGo yesterday. The jury's still out on cartos vs. carts. Until now, I was exclusively vaping KR8's. I've been getting a good draw on carts, but when I unscrewed one a little bit ago, there was juice everywhere. I think I over-filled it.

There's a bit of a learning curve with the eGo, or probably any 510, for someone that is used to cartos. I suspect I'll grow tired of the cart thing and wind up using cartos exclusively. I just have a lot of KR8 cartos that I'd like to be able to use. I couldn't find a screwdriver narrow enough to adjust the adapter, so I'll pick one up tomorrow.

Overall, the eGo rocks, though. I hope you're enjoying yours!

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
well it does depend on the KR8 cartos...the ones like the turbos are just the tinyest bit skinnier...

take the adapter off first though...since it pushes the center posts out in both directions if it's screwed in tight to the battery it wont turn...

I turn mine about 3 full turns or so and they're perfect with the cone on....actually get more vapor than with the native KR8 battery...without having to peel labels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread