Update on all things WTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

DVap

Nicotiana Alchemia
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
What is it, in a laymans nutshell, that makes 24mg of WTA so much more potent then 24mg of any other liquid?
The alkaloids allow for more efficient nicotine uptake or......?

I started back in with 24mg a little over a month ago and within 3 weeks I'm back up to 36mg to maintain.

The alkaloids present themselves on two fronts: They provide a much more complex "taste" than nicotine alone and they also provide much enhanced efficacy compared to nicotine alone.

Bwig

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2010
kentucky
I give you a much deserved shoutout for your concern to the vaping community not going higher than 24mg. Some people may not take nicotine overdose seriously, I had to be taken to the ER with nic. overdose" borderline" while vaping 18mg and not continuosly either. I chose to educate myself about the effects of nicotine in vaping form as a result. Theres no comparision to the way our bodies deal with liquid nic. versus nic in the form of smoking, just becareful while your body handles 24mg today and for the last year doesn't mean it can handle that tommorow. Just my opinion!!!!

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Why would vaping 36mg WTA put you to sleep? At one point in my life I smoked 4 packs a day of unfiltered camels and it didn't put me to sleep. I currently vape 6-10ml of 24mg WTA a day and don't have a problem with staying conscious.

Urge

Hi Urge. I believe the post from DVap just before yours answers your question.

The alkaloids present themselves on two fronts: They provide a much more complex "taste" than nicotine alone and they also provide much enhanced efficacy compared to nicotine alone.

HPTH !

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Urge, I saw your post and wanted to respond. Seeing as I have an urge (pun not intended) to read as much of DVap's writing as I can possibly handle (especially the easier-to-understand stuff, LOL), with him starting this thread, it was impossible for me not to read it.

Why would vaping 36mg WTA put you to sleep? At one point in my life I smoked 4 packs a day of unfiltered camels and it didn't put me to sleep. I currently vape 6-10ml of 24mg WTA a day and don't have a problem with staying conscious.

Urge

Urge, I am going to imagine you're vaping "6-10 mL of 24 mg WTA a day" in the form of the AeJ's flavored WTA liquids, yes? One reason I believe that to be true is because the unflavored WTA from AeJ has only been offered lately a few times in small batches; so for you to vape that much of the unflavored WTA (42-70 mL a week), you'd be out of it in a 2-3 days (it's only sold in 15 mL bottles; only one bottle per customer, per order). And I am assuming you're vaping AeJ's WTA in general.

This topic of safety with high doses of WTA is, essentially, in relation to unflavored "WTA-exclusive" liquids, i.e., WTA-only + solvent. The unflavored WTA from AeJ is a higher potency than their flavored WTA liquids; it's not about the flavor per se that changes the potency of WTA in two separate 24 mg/mL offerings, but about the lack of "extra" nicotine added to the WTA in the unflavored liquids. While it is not stated on the site as to which is which and why one costs almost 2x the price, as DVap has explained on the forum several times, a price increase for a vendor's WTA liquids can be presumed to mean an increase in actual WTA--you pay more, you get more. It would be helpful if this was explained on the site, but since an absence of flavor doesn't inherently make a liquid more valuable (unless the flavor sucks), the unflavored WTA is probably in the ballpark of 2x the amount of the WTA as in the flavored WTA line.

AeJ's flavored WTA is $1.20/mL and the unflavored WTA is $2/mL. (Maybe the glass bottle of the unflavored adds a smidgen of extra cost?)

Of course that's not to say that if some other WTA vendor arose and sold 24 mg/mL WTA for $4/mL that it would be double what's in AeJ's unflavored at $2/mL. Nope. It's not about prices in general; it's based on the relative price increases within a particular vendor's line-up.

...and also you should also expect to see the availability of 24 mg unflavored WTA exclusive liquid become much more regular.

If you're wondering about the possibility of getting unflavored WTA at levels higher than 24 mg, this has been given a lot of consideration. Currently, Jerry isn't comfortable with the idea of levels higher than 24 mg since the possibility is too great that some folks will want to vape these higher levels straight. Know that 24 mg is pretty potent stuff and WTA gets downright overpowering at levels higher than 24 mg. I fully support Jerry's decision to limit WTA strength to 24 mg.

Urge,

So back to what you were actually asking about. I dunno, you may be one of the hardest of the hardcore, one of the baddest of the bad (maybe your wallet says so, LOL), but I can tell you from having various WTA-exclusive liquids at 24 mg/mL, it's almost perfect at that percentage. At first, that type of strength goes down easily, but before you know it you've had your fill. I can only imagine the level of fury that 36 mg/mL WTA-exclsuive begins with (this is not simply about increased TH. Hell, I wouldn't want to drive and vape that stuff at 36 mg/mL). Acquiring a 1/3 higher strength than that of 24 mg/mL WTA-exclusive may not seem like that much, but unless you're a very rare nicotine fiend or a DIYer that intends to dilute it, actually vaping it at 36 mg/mL probably wouldn't even be pleasurable to the average bear (maybe Smokey the Bear could handle it? LOL). Though I am being silly, that's not meant to be temptation disguised as caution; it's just caution. I used to think I wanted WTA-exclusive liquid at 30 mg/mL or higher (I still vape regular nic at 32 mg/mL sometimes) until I finally got it at 24 mg/mL. Whew. I am fine with 24 mg/mL WTA-exclusive, thank you. haha

I don't doubt for a second that you have a higher tolerance than me. You probably do. My main point really isn't that you can't handle it higher--no, that's not why I responded, or for me to assume. My reason for posting this is to tell you that if you're referring to consuming 6-10 mL of AeJ's flavored WTA liquids, you're not necessarily comparing apples to apples with what DVap and Jerry are talking about. But, if you vape 42-70 mL a week of 24 mg unflavored WTA from AeJ, the strong stuff, you likely could handle it higher.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I haven't tried the unflavored WTA because it wasn't available but today I saw it on the Aroma site and purchased a bottle so we shall see if it is too much. I have a feeling that it won't be but...

Urge

I doubt it will be "too much," because, as I said, it goes down easy at first. For me it scratched up my throat too much to be enjoyable (but a friend of mine loves it), but I hold out hope for the new changes. I don't know when the new changes will happen, but I am sure it will be posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread