Ultimate sb torture test, but..

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb88

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
I'm sure the Silver Bullet has been put through its paces before, but I think I may have put it through the ultimate torture test. As luck would have it my SB fell out of my pocket and with just amazing bad luck it rolled right under my truck tire, even better yet I didn't know it. So yes I have driven over my my SB with my truck, how bad is the damage you ask ? Well it had road rash from hell, the asphalt really got a grip on er and left some good dents. The atty was trashed (a 510), stripped the casing off and just left the battery connector and the bridge unit. Ok here's the bad part, the button said bye bye, don't know how it got knocked off, but it is gone.
Well I'm sure that's the worst you can do to a SB, but there's more. The atty still works, the button still works, it still threads and unthreads as it should, and the battery connector is ok. In other words its mostly cosmetic damage and I have already taken care of that, sanded, buffed and polished, it looks just as good as when I got it only a few little dimples in it.
Now here is where I'm going to need some help, though the button works it's tough to get it pushed in with part of it missing now. Figure I'll go out with my metal detector and try to find it, but I can't say that I have high hopes for it. So the million dollar question is, if I can't find my button will there be any chance that I can buy a new one ? If I can't find the button or get a new one how should I go about trying to replace it ?
Over all I have to say that the SB is totally amazing and if you have wondered yes it can survive getting run over by a truck and if you ever wondered what it would look like if it was run over by a truck, well how can I not post a picture of how I found it.

Attachments

• PB228163.jpg
    PB228163.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 140

jb88

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
Yep it's built like a tank, I did the same thing, picked it up and started vaping. It was dark however so I had to go a whole night without it, not fun at all. That atty was only a week old and pumping out vapor like a champ, same for the cart had a good setup there, was hoping I could find the casing for the atty and get it back together.
I just got back from searching for the button and didn't find it, hope that I can get a replacement, but either way I'll so be up on the next run of Silver Bullets.

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
I'm sure the Silver Bullet has been put through its paces before, but I think I may have put it through the ultimate torture test. As luck would have it my SB fell out of my pocket and with just amazing bad luck it rolled right under my truck tire, even better yet I didn't know it. So yes I have driven over my my SB with my truck, how bad is the damage you ask ? Well it had road rash from hell, the asphalt really got a grip on er and left some good dents. The atty was trashed (a 510), stripped the casing off and just left the battery connector and the bridge unit. Ok here's the bad part, the button said bye bye, don't know how it got knocked off, but it is gone.
Well I'm sure that's the worst you can do to a SB, but there's more. The atty still works, the button still works, it still threads and unthreads as it should, and the battery connector is ok. In other words its mostly cosmetic damage and I have already taken care of that, sanded, buffed and polished, it looks just as good as when I got it only a few little dimples in it.
Now here is where I'm going to need some help, though the button works it's tough to get it pushed in with part of it missing now. Figure I'll go out with my metal detector and try to find it, but I can't say that I have high hopes for it. So the million dollar question is, if I can't find my button will there be any chance that I can buy a new one ? If I can't find the button or get a new one how should I go about trying to replace it ?
Over all I have to say that the SB is totally amazing and if you have wondered yes it can survive getting run over by a truck and if you ever wondered what it would look like if it was run over by a truck, well how can I not post a picture of how I found it.
I can not send you a switch, not really user servicable. The warrranty covers failure of components, not running it over with a truck, dropping off a 10 story building etc. etc. But, one less test to be done. Send me a PM, I will get you my address. I will replace it for you no charge, and I will see what I can do about the finish.
Chad

The Drizzle

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Washington, DC
It's really great to know how tough my SB is, but I'm still going to baby mine. I polish it and keep it wrapped in a microfiber cloth inside my home. I don't even have a car, much less a truck, so I'm not worried about running it over! I am worrried that I'll take it outside and one of the myriad police agencies here in DC will see the shine, think it's a gun, and take me out.8-o
What then Chad... Will my bail or hospital bills be covered under warranty?

Last edited:

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
I can not send you a switch, not really user servicable. The warrranty covers failure of components, not running it over with a truck, dropping off a 10 story building etc. etc. But, one less test to be done. Send me a PM, I will get you my address. I will replace it for you no charge, and I will see what I can do about the finish.
Chad

That is customer service. I got one for my son and he hasn't killed or lost it yet. 8-o

halopunker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
New Philadelphia, OH
Hehe I use the prototype that I got many months ago ;P I dropped it by accident while on a 18' ladder. Other than the scratches, my button slightly popped up a bit, pushed it back in and tada ;P Still working good, still wouldn't recommend dropping it from high distances...And try not to run it over with a car lol ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread