UD Bellus or Aromamizer by Steam Crave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrikStari

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
At what power? Just be careful ecause that capacitor on the board is not up to running in the higher range :( Its possible they've changed it, but not on the 3 I have. When it goes, its a fire or explosion.
See, now this makes me nervous, because I have the eleaf istick 50w. I actually just made a thread about whether or not its okay to charge it with the USB ports on my PC. I've been doing so for as long as I have owned it with no problems, but still.

*Paranoia intensifies*

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
See, now this makes me nervous, because I have the Eleaf iStick 50w. I actually just made a thread about whether or not its okay to charge it with the USB ports on my PC. I've been doing so for as long as I have owned it with no problems, but still.

*Paranoia intensifies*

I won't charge anything with my computer. What if something goes wrong and it wrecks the computer, too? I charge them on my granite kitchen counter.

Between that capacitor and lack of venting, I don't trust them as 50W mods. I treat them like 25W mods. They've made it almost 11 months for me with no issues so I will continue that practice. Does it suck that we bought "50W mods" that aren't built to be 50W mods? Heck, yes! But I don't want a fire or explosion even more.

Reactions: MMW

TrikStari

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
I won't charge anything with my computer. What if something goes wrong and it wrecks the computer, too? I charge them on my granite kitchen counter.

Between that capacitor and lack of venting, I don't trust them as 50W mods. I treat them like 25W mods. They've made it almost 11 months for me with no issues so I will continue that practice. Does it suck that we bought "50W mods" that aren't built to be 50W mods? Heck, yes! But I don't want a fire or explosion even more.

I've never taken it above 30w, and even then it was too much for me. Sitting comfortably at 20w right now. Any recommendations for better made regulated mods? I would get into mech mods, but having to re-learn how to use a multi-meter is just too much for me lol

I guess I'll have to find an extension cord with which to charge my battery then.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I've never taken it above 30w, and even then it was too much for me. Sitting comfortably at 20w right now. Any recommendations for better made regulated mods? I would get into mech mods, but having to re-learn how to use a multi-meter is just too much for me lol

I guess I'll have to find an extension cord with which to charge my battery then.

Internal or external battery?

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I'm not sure of the difference. Whichever is least likely to have issues, while still providing ample amounts of power, should I require that power.

Go external battery. You will need a battery charger though. Xtar, Nitecore or Efest. Efest batteries aren't always up to.snuff, but they make good chargers. Why external? Its safer to charge. And your mod isn't a paperweight when your batteries die. You just buy new batteries.

Mods to consided in the budget range:
Sigelei 150Wtc
Ipv3 li
Releaux rx200
Sigelei Fuchai
Snow Wolf

Higher end mods:
A DNA200 of some type
Renegade X by Varitube

Single battery:
Ipv d2
Ipv d3
Sigelei 75W
Some new mods are coming out that are a partnership between Wismec and Vapor Flask that look interesting.

TrikStari

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Go external battery. You will need a battery charger though. Xtar, Nitecore or Efest. Efest batteries aren't always up to.snuff, but they make good chargers. Why external? Its safer to charge. And your mod isn't a paperweight when your batteries die. You just buy new batteries.

Mods to consided in the budget range:
Sigelei 150Wtc
Ipv3 li
Releaux rx200
Sigelei Fuchai
Snow Wolf

Higher end mods:
A DNA200 of some type
Renegade X by Varitube

Single battery:
Ipv d2
Ipv d3
Sigelei 75W
Some new mods are coming out that are a partnership between Wismec and Vapor Flask that look interesting.
So the external just means, standardized (somewhat) batteries than you can change out, as opposed to the inaccessible battery like what is in my Eleaf iStick.

I'll check those out. And pawn this fire hazard off to my older sister.

Edit: Interesting side note, I just took a puff, heard a rather loud POP (louder than normal) and now my iStick is saying "atomizer low" or "atomizer short".

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
So the external just means, standardized (somewhat) batteries than you can change out, as opposed to the inaccessible battery like what is in my Eleaf iStick.

Yes :)

For up to 100-120W you can use 20A batteries in a dual battery mod. Samsung or LG are good ones.

Above that, use Sony vtc4s.

On a single battery mod you can use 20A up to 50-60W and Sony vtc4 for higher.

Pawn it off on your sister :D I do have 3 50W isticks. I just use them for low power attys and charge them on my granite countertop.

TrikStari

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Yes :)

For up to 100-120W you can use 20A batteries in a dual battery mod. Samsung or LG are good ones.

Above that, use Sony vtc4s.

On a single battery mod you can use 20A up to 50-60W and Sony vtc4 for higher.

Pawn it off on your sister :D I do have 3 50W isticks. I just use them for low power attys and charge them on my granite countertop.
You keep mentioning your granite countertops, as if you knew I liked to cook, and were trying to make me jealous.

....It's working lol.

Anyways. I'll check those out. As per the sudden short, I removed the deck from my Kanger, removed the wick, re-installed the deck and tried dry firing the thing, and now it works, back up to .6 ohms. What the hell?

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

Edit: Interesting side note, I just took a puff, heard a rather loud POP (louder than normal) and now my iStick is saying "atomizer low" or "atomizer short".

I use the istick60tc. It uses a replaceable 18650.

Other good choices would be IPV D2 Subox and others.

The pop you described sounds as if the coil broke or the coil has come loose.

jefx

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2015
Chicago burbs
Im a fan of the evic vtc mini:
Single 18650
75 watts
Modes= wattage/TC-SS/TC-ni/TC-Ti/bypass (mech mode)
Firmware upgradeable
Great display

As far as charging with your computer......there's really nothing that can go wrong by doing so. The usb ports are output regulated by the motherboard, and your mod is input regulated by it's board. It's no different than pluging a mouse and keyboard into your computer. And it's probably even safer than using a wall wart.

Worst case scenario: the usb port stops working. There's no way that charging a mod via computer will damage either device.

TrikStari

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
I made my countertops using granite tile. Otherwise they'd have been a fortune.
Still sounds much nicer than the crappy particle board with laminate overlay counter tops we have.

@Two_Bears
Not sure what the pop was. Tightened the screws on the coil, heated it up and pushed it down a big, seems to be working fine now. I think maybe the coil somehow moved or changed shape and contacted the side or top of the barrel.

@jefx That's basically what I thought. If a USB port can already take so many different devices, why would charging a lithium battery suddenly be so problematic? Especially considering this is a custom PC with an aftermarket motherboard with 6 USB ports on the back, all of which have an option in the BIOS for being usable even when the PC is off. (for charging things like your phone, or wireless mice)

jefx

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2015
Chicago burbs
Even if the mod sets on fire or explodes? I dunno...doesn't sound good for my computer :confused: I've seen ego explosions that destroyed computers.

If your mod catches fire or explodes, then you might have larger problems to worry about than the health of your PC's motherboard, lol.

A fire or explosion can do damage to anything nearby it, including burning your house down.

But I dont see any reason why such a dramatic situation would be more likely if a PC was involved. If anything, I would trust the electrical regulation of a PC over a cheapo wall wart.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
If your mod catches fire or explodes, then you might have larger problems to worry about than the health of your PC's motherboard, lol.

A fire or explosion can do damage to anything nearby it, including burning your house down.

But I dont see any reason why such a dramatic situation would be more likely if a PC was involved. If anything, I would trust the electrical regulation of a PC over a cheapo wall wart.

I don't think its more likely. I'm just trying to limit monetary damage if it did happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread