UB PRO RBA (HELP) First time using RBA what settings to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphantor

• Dec 29, 2022
    So I just got an UB rba Pro deck I was just wondering why does my ohms read 0.25 and what wattage should I use?
    I am using on lost vape Cyborg Quest.
    324656784_3342115192668562_4761560107794563257_n.jpg

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    So I just got an UB rba Pro deck I was just wondering why does my ohms read 0.25 and what wattage should I use?
    I am using on Lost Vape Cyborg Quest.

Your mod is reading the coil you installed on the UB RBA Pro deck at 0.25Ω.

Is that the ohms you were going for???

If it's not then you have a problem.

Alphantor

• Dec 29, 2022
    Your mod is reading the coil you installed on the UB RBA Pro deck at 0.25Ω.

Is that the ohms you were going for???

If it's not then you have a problem.
    Thank you for the reply. So I am totally new at RBA but this is direct from Lost Vape website. I am using the included coils as well and everything that came with it including the cotton. On the stock Cyborg Quest Tank

From lost Vape
    > UB Pro RBA Coil
    Resistance Range: 0.15-3.0 Ω

I understand that is within the maximum ohms recommendation just not sure if that's how it should read. I am using the stock coils.

Thank you!

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    In the video I posted he has a 0.23Ω coil installed.

He started vaping it at 40w, bumped it up to 50w and then 70w.

As far as how many watts you should set it to? All depends. Everyone is different. Start at lower wattage and bump the wattage up until you are getting the vape you desire.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    Thank you for the reply. So I am totally new at RBA but this is direct from Lost Vape website. I am using the included coils as well and everything that came with it including the cotton. On the stock Cyborg Quest Tank

From lost Vape
    > UB Pro RBA Coil
    Resistance Range: 0.15-3.0 Ω

I understand that is within the maximum ohms recommendation just not sure if that's how it should read. I am using the stock coils.

Thank you!

If you used one of the coils that came with the RBA then it should read 0.25Ω on your Lost Vape Cyborg Quest.

Just adjust the wattage until you are happy and you're good to go.

Reactions: Alphantor

Alphantor

• Dec 29, 2022
    You're welcome!

I hope you like your new RBA. It looks like a good one. The small chamber will give you a more condensed and flavorful vape.

Enjoy!!!
    Just wanted to Note I posted similar question on reddit and was informed to Burn in the coil before using. I didn't do that with the first build and the flavor was muted and almost bitter. Well I burnt in the second coil and the flavor went from 1.5/5 to a solid 3.75/5 I can taste the sweetness of the juice and the flavor is good too. UB PRO RBA is pretty decent specially for the price. like $15 maybe $20 with shipping from ProVape.

I do plan on buying different coils and different cotton try different settings and see which one works best. UB PRO RBA 4.5/5 solid for the price.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    Just wanted to Note I posted similar question on reddit and was informed to Burn in the coil before using. I didn't do that with the first build and the flavor was muted and almost bitter. Well I burnt in the second coil and the flavor went from 1.5/5 to a solid 3.75/5 I can taste the sweetness of the juice and the flavor is good too. UB PRO RBA is pretty decent specially for the price. like $15 maybe $20 with shipping from ProVape.

I do plan on buying different coils and different cotton try different settings and see which one works best. UB PRO RBA 4.5/5 solid for the price.
    Yes, always dry burn your coil before initially wicking it and also between wick changes.

Different cottons do make a difference with flavor. I tried just about all the cottons out there before I settled on Cottonman's Mavaton's Select and Carolina Blend cottons around 2015ish. I also use rayon for wicking.

For coils, I can't vape kanthal wire, I get an obnoxious metallic taste from it. I prefer SS316L and Ni80 coils.

Happy to hear you're getting on with the UB Pro RBA!!!

Reactions: Alphantor

Alphantor

• Dec 29, 2022
    Yes, always dry burn your coil before initially wicking it and also between wick changes.

Different cottons do make a difference with flavor. I tried just about all the cottons out there before I settled on Cottonman's Mavaton's Select and Carolina Blend cottons around 2015ish. I also use rayon for wicking.

For coils, I can't vape kanthal wire, I get an obnoxious metallic taste from it. I prefer SS316L and Ni80 coils.

Happy to hear you're getting on with the UB Pro RBA!!!
    Thank you for the info! appreciate it. Cheers

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread