Two-Step Verification

Status
Not open for further replies.

samuels

Jul 4, 2016
I enabled it a month ago, didnt bother copying the backup codes, and assumed they would be emailed to my account's email address, or there was an easy way to verify again, like with google 2-step.

Had issues with stability on phone.. cm13 nightlies if you know what i mean, and went back to release firmware. I had nothing that couldnt be brought back / saved, or so i thought.

The ECF two-step saves your login deets for a month and sure enough a month rolled by and i got hit with the need to re-authenticate. Whoops. No code. No backup codes. So i contact ECF and ping-pong with Retired1.

What i found odd was that although i used the email account attached to my ECF account to converse with the admin, modified the description of a tune on SoundCloud i linked from here on ECF with that account expressing i had been locked out, stated what the (publicly hidden) year i was born in my dob on that ECF account, i was denied the right to have my request of disabling two-step on ECF.

I dunno, but i do not think i have been here long enough to have ruffled any feathers. But this gives BOFH a new meaning.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Failure to follow instructions during the 2FA implementation process does not mean we're going to disable it based on a request that may or may not be from the individual who owns the account.

The entire purpose of two factor authentication is to secure the account. Once you do that, it's all on you to ensure that you can get back into the account.

Closing.

Reactions: samuels
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread