TW Black Label - Statex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
Recently bought some of Totally Wickeds Black Label concentrates in their sale, this was the first one I tried. It is provided in 10ml bottles, which were filled right up to the neck.

I mixed this up at 15% concentration with 36mg VG and some PG to adjust strength down to 24mg which is my preferred level. For me this gives a moderate throat hit and lots of vapour. I tested it for strength and left it to stand for 2 days. I do think that standing seems to help the flavour develop, and indeed initially it had a perfumey taste which now has subsided. Note, this concentrate is nowhere near as concentrated as Flavourart tobacco's, which I think work better at 1-2% levels in most cases, and so it is perhaps more forgiving of noob mistakes. On the other hand you will use more of it.

This is DV's take on State Express/555. The smell from the finished liquid is pleasant but not particularly distinct. The liquid at this point is a very pale yellow, almost colourless. On to the taste.. I can say straight away, it is not like Dekang 555 which has been a favourite of mine for a while. That I found to taste like tobacco with a peanut note to it. The impression from my tasting is that with Statex, tobacco has very much taken a back seat. I do detect a light tobacco note, however the predominant taste I get from this is hazelnut with some chocolate, and perhaps some caramel. It is not floral at all. It reminds me a bit of Ferrero Rocher chocolates. It is very nice, but not what I expected.

I think scoring is irrelevant in a flavour review as it is massively subjective. Would I vape this again - definitely yes. Do I think it tastes like a 555 cigarette - I don't know I've never tried them, but I doubt smoking anything tastes like this! I think this could work well in combination with another tobacco flavour, and will do some experiments in due course.

Last edited:

ournature

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
bologna, ITALY
Did you tried black label Carmel (their camel take)?
It is almost identical to FA Desert Ship blend.
maybe just a littles less sweet, but the base it's basically the same.
From the black label range i liked Gallois (complex dark tobacco with anise-turkish notes),
Cuban Cigar (round and smooth), Real Tabs (pretty close to T.A.) and Aromatic (nice light tobacco with pine and eucalyptus notes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread