Trying to make my first mod, few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fonzy

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2009
california
Hi all! been reading here for a few weeks and decided to try my hand.

i always wanted a manual pipe, so i figured id cheat and take apart a dse 601 pipe with a blown atty i had lying around. thought this might save me some soldering as it had an LED and such already in place. trying to go for something like this (excuse my crude paint skills:D):

pipe1c.jpg

ive got the bowl done (shaped it out of polymer clay), and i took apart the pipe, now here is where i start to feel uncomfortable. as i tried to show in the drawing, i wanted to add a switch, and put in an 801 connector to thread an atty in. i figured it would be a red and black cable running from the battery housing into the pipe atty, but theres 4 thin ones (sorry for the pics, only got a real crap 6 year old camera):

pipehousing3.jpg

another showing the housing:

pipehousing2.jpg

and a drawing i tried to do because the pictures came out so horrible:

bathousing.jpg

the back of it has some silicone or something covering a lot of the parts, but i tried to put in what i could see.

anyone have any idea on how i should proceed? im not to keen on electrical stuff, and im not sure what to do with the 4 wires.

do i run 2 to the switch and 2 to the atty? feel kinda lost 8-o! ive tried to do some reading, and if i missed something that might relate to this, i apologize! any suggestions on switch placement or opinions if this might be an undoable idea would be welcome too :D. Thanks!

Fonzy

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2009
california
thanks for the replies anyway guys :).

well i figured i had nothing to lose, so i cut the 2 blue wires from the old auto switch and hooked em up to a tactile switch i had laying around. ill be damned after giving the button a push if it didnt fire the old atty up. maybe it was the auto switch that went bad.

tonight or tomorrow im gonna try to disassemble a 201 battery i have laying around to use as a connector (or maybe order one along with a nicer looking switch).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread