TPD WILL NOT EFFECT PURCHASES OF 72MG/ML NICOTINE LIQUID IN THE UK FOR QUANTITIES OF 500ML OR OVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
My supplier simply stopped selling bottles of 72mg/ml Niocinte liquid in quantities less than 500ml.

The ban on 72mg/ml Nicotine liquid comes into effect on the 20th May in case you're interested, but apparently doesn't effect purchases of 500ml or over, which is considered "bulk".

Recently i needed more so went to my usual supplier, DarkStar Vapour

Normally i'd buy 250ml bottles but found the minimum now is 500ml. I didn't give it a single thought and just bought two 500ml bottles of both PG and VG.

At £17.49 per 500ml i cannot find it any cheaper anywhere else and in fact some places charge an unbelieveably high price.

Here are some of darkstar's prices :
500ml = £17.49
1 litre = £29.99
2 litre = £59.99
etc, etc

The 1 litre option is clearly the best deal anyone could find on the internet i'd say. Unless you know better !.

When i first found "Darkstar Vapour", looked at their prices, and compared those prices to say Unflavoured Nicotine 250ml , i would find a difference of over 100%. And cloud vapours was the closest price i could find at the time. Maybe i wasn't looking hard enough, i dunno !.

I emailed Darkstar and asked how they could sell so cheap and their reply was that they " import from the states and is cheaper from there than the EU".

So clearly vendors are overcoming this aspect of the TPD with no significant problems at all.

Fantazmagoricl

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2015
Chesterfield
Thanks for the info just wish I waited now. Only last week I received an order from darkstar for 4 litres of Nic, supposed that's what you call panic buying lol. I've only been using darkstar for the past few months, before that I was using a different vendor that charge £8.99 for 50ml of 72mg Nic. Couldn't believe the price difference when I stumbled upon darkstar.

Reactions: evan le'garde

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Limitations on nicotine concentrate do not apply to wholesale customers under TPD rules.

I'm guessing that anyone who wants 72mg/ml Nicotine liquid from any vendor who supplies it would officially be considered a business by the vendor if the order is of a minimum of 500ml.

As far as retail is concerned, any customer shopping for Nicotine liquid in quantities less than 500ml can only purchase a maximum 20mg.

I just hope that no proof that the customer is a business is required by law. If that is the case then i am completely wrong and we're all screwed !.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread