Too much wattage or wicking? LV Centaurus b80 rba

smoothcannibal

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
denver colorado
I just got the Centaurus b80 kit yesterday. Love the thing despite being a hard core dripper. Got it for an in bed or out and about vape. But it's dry hitting easy at around 30 watts or so if I drag it more than a couple seconds. FIrst rodeo with a boro. Didn't even know what a boro was til a couple weeks ago. Out of the loop haha.

Current build:
The boro deck that comes with the kit
Round 24g kanthal a1 wire
3mm coil
5 wraps for .56 ohms resistance
3mm air hole pin
Japanese cotton pads for wicking

Am I stuffing too much wattage through it or too much wicking still? I've rewicked it 3 times using less each time. Getting to the point I can't really remove much more without it leaking. Seen videos of it being built and some seem to push the cotton through the juice slots and some that just place it gently over the holes. Either way seems to be giving me the same result. I am getting bubbles out of the slots so I know it is wicking.

I have a zeus rta that I run once in a blue moon. It's one of the older versions. The build in it now is .52 ohms and it doesn't do this til about 45 watts and drag it long.

I don't know if it's the nature of the beast with a boro since the deck and chamber is much smaller (build up of heat faster) compared to the Zeus tank.

I can take pics laters when I have to time to show how I've been setting it up if that's helpful.

Thanks in advance to whoever can chime in.

Users who are viewing this thread