Tobacco e-juice bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newv

Apr 14, 2015
Hi all,
Brand new to this vaping thing. I am a 40 year old ex smoker. I have not smoked in years. Honestly I do miss it sometimes. A fried had me try his vape, and I have been trying it for about a week now.

I am not much into the flavors, fruit, vanilla, etc. I liked the good old classic tobacco, especially camels. I have bought a small vaporizer, some juices, as well as tried several disposable brands.

The juices are not cutting it, they taste like chocolate to me. The only one that comes close is the njoy tobacco, but no throat hit. What I did like was some of the disposables. Clearette, njoy King Gold (although 2 of them failed to produce any vapor at all), and now the Zoom bold. I like the zoom, but it is a bit harsh. Probably more nicotine than I should be hitting as well.

Tonight I just learned that some of these use real tobacco to get their flavor, I thought it was an artificial flavor or maybe something mixed to give it the near tobacco taste.

Now I am concerned. I don't want to get back into using tobacco. I wanted something safer, like 99% safer. Is there anything to be concerned about with the real tobacco flavor? Isn't the point to get away from tobacco. Still looking for that camel like taste for the vaporizer, but if it as bad as smoking, I don't want to do it.

Any input?

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
Vaping is safer than cigarettes. Cigarettes are bad because burning the plant matter creates carcinogens, and the tobacco companies put extra chemicals in there that also contain carcinogens.

you are safer with vaping.
no burning plant matter.

the nicotine in cigarettes isnt so bad for you
its the delivery system that is bad.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Topwater Elvis answer that part of it.

What I would suggest is try to get your hands on some unflavored nic base. I like it, closest thing to a cigarette. Others have claimed it as well. My dad is the reason why i truly believe it.

I made him unflavored nic base, 18mg nicotine for him. He vaped it without me telling him a flavor profile on it and instantly said it tastes like a marlboro light without any flavors added. Just nicotine and vg/pg

DCBD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
USA
In my experience, I've never found a juice that comes even close to a real tobacco flavor. Tobacco flavoring is very complex and very difficult to do. Check around for a juice flavor called RY4. It's typically a mix of a tobacco and some type of caramel flavor. Check out some of the large juice sites and read the reviews. I think you'll find one that people like. One I've been most impressed with is G2 Vapor - caRnY4. Regardless of juice, it will still be 99% safer than smoking.

newv

Apr 14, 2015
Wow you guys answer fast!!! Thank you! So even though the flavor may come from real tobacco, it is not nearly as bad as burning it because of the tar and other bad things in the smoke? Is there anything really to be worried about as far as carcinogens with the tobacco flavor? We know chewing tobacco can lead to lip and throat cancer. Or is the flavor pretty much benign, like vanilla bean, nut flavors, etc, not carrying any of the bad stuff?

Just want to be sure. :)

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Wow you guys answer fast!!! Thank you! So even though the flavor may come from real tobacco, it is not nearly as bad as burning it because of the tar and other bad things in the smoke? Is there anything really to be worried about as far as carcinogens with the tobacco flavor? We know chewing tobacco can lead to lip and throat cancer. Or is the flavor pretty much benign, like vanilla bean, nut flavors, etc, not carrying any of the bad stuff?

Exactly. Tobacco as a flavor is just that...a flavor. Society has made the word "tobacco" so scary you'd think you'd get cancer just by reading it.

As you learn and read more you'll find that a current hot topic and subject of study by renowned scientists interested in the health aspects of vaping is flavoring. We are all following this closely. :)

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
hi newv and welcome to the forum. I'd check out these links : Health, Safety and Vaping
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...hen-quitting-tobacco-changing-ecigarette.html and also http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ormaldehype-junk-study-released-jan-21-a.html
http://vaping.com/news/formaldehyde-flap-fallout There is a wealth of information in the forum. Don't be shy, ask any questions you might have.

You might consider a trip to a local vape shop to sample some of the flavors. I've found them to be very helpful (though pushing sales), but the best advice I have gotten was on this forum.

There is also a keyword activated search box in the top right corner of every page. I use it often. Good luck in your vaper journey.

cinetrope

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Joshua Tree, CA
Some of the most authentic tobacco flavor juices I have tried are the NETs from River Bottom Fog Sauce. I especially like Poet & Scholar and Porch Rocker. I, like some of the previous posters believe, that the harmful aspect of smoking comes from the tar and carbon monoxide released during the combustion of tobacco as well as from the chemicals added to cigarettes by most, but not all producers. A recent study conducted by Dr. Konstantinos Farsalinos determined that vaporizing NET ejuice is somewhere between 100 and 1000 times less harmful than smoking. Further study is needed but it may end up proving that this is also safer than vaping tobacco ejuice that is created with artificial chemical flavoring agents.

DCBD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
USA

That chewing tobacco can cause cancer is patently false. Countless studies have been done and their is no evidence that smokeless tobacco causes any type of cancer, mouth, throat or otherwise. The Swedes have been using a smokeless tobacco product called "snus" (pronounced snoose) for over 100 years. They have the lowest smoking and cancer rates of any European country. The man responsible for this discovery is Brad Rodu. Google him and find out the real truth about smokeless tobacco. Like someone has mentioned earlier in this thread, the carcinogenic chemicals are from burning tobacco. Smokeless tobacco has a similar risk profile as vaping (99% safer). I, like you, believed this false claim until a friend told be about Tobacco Harm Reduction (THR). Carl Phillips has a website on this topic. Google it, read it and let people know the truth.

Last edited:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Hi all,
Brand new to this vaping thing. I am a 40 year old ex smoker. I have not smoked in years. Honestly I do miss it sometimes. A fried had me try his vape, and I have been trying it for about a week now.

I am not much into the flavors, fruit, vanilla, etc. I liked the good old classic tobacco, especially camels. I have bought a small vaporizer, some juices, as well as tried several disposable brands.

The juices are not cutting it, they taste like chocolate to me. The only one that comes close is the Njoy tobacco, but no throat hit. What I did like was some of the disposables. Clearette, Njoy King Gold (although 2 of them failed to produce any vapor at all), and now the Zoom bold. I like the zoom, but it is a bit harsh. Probably more nicotine than I should be hitting as well.

Tonight I just learned that some of these use real tobacco to get their flavor, I thought it was an artificial flavor or maybe something mixed to give it the near tobacco taste.

Now I am concerned. I don't want to get back into using tobacco. I wanted something safer, like 99% safer. Is there anything to be concerned about with the real tobacco flavor? Isn't the point to get away from tobacco. Still looking for that camel like taste for the vaporizer, but if it as bad as smoking, I don't want to do it.

Any input?
I had the same problem as you. So called tobacco flavors were nutmeg, cloves, butterscotch, and perfumy for the most part.
I tried all the tobacco flavors at 3 vape shops and no good. I found the following at a tobacco shop.

These are the closest to smoking a cig that I have found and find them useful in satisfying my carvings for cigs. I have been cig free and vaping for 3 months.
Clayton brand tobacco flavor. A Chinese juice sold at tobacco shops and gas n gos. Under $4 for 10 ml, 16 mg nicotine.
And Buck Naked Brand American tobacco flavor. 12 MG as I recall. US made in NC and also available at tobacco shops and such places. As I recall $6 for 10 ml.

These are the only 2 tobacco flavor juices I have found so far to be the most like cigarettes.

I am currently using the Clayton cut 50% with VG to mellow it out a bit. $3.16/10 ml is what I pay for it.

Last edited:

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
Last edited:

deckley

Feb 14, 2015
Holland, NY
Uh oh, you said something that ain't totally against REAL tobacco!
Prepare for the backlash!
As a side note, per the original poster, trying to find an actual tobacco taste without spending more money than you would on cigarettes/snuff/cigars/smokeless could be quite difficult. Unless you get lucky like I did with a local store. And as far as a RY4, it ain't nothing like a smoke, unless you dipped in in molten caramel first. Sorry, but that's the ugly reality of it.
But great to hear you decided to give up the cigarettes, been a month and counting for me using my Vape device as a substitute.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
You have gotten some great answers so I just wanted to
RA-YellowroseMouse207-welcome.gif
you to ecf newv. Nice to meet you and so glad that you are here. See why it is such a wonderful place to be? :) Make yourself at home and I look forward to reading more about you and your successful vaping.
good.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread