Tia's Awesome Guide of helpful Blu Tips and Hints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiari

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2010
Connecticut
After extensive research (chain-vaping lol), and study (taking the thing apart and frankensteining it), I have compiled a list of helpful hints to make Blu ownership a pleasure.

Many will argue that Blu is the worst e-cig on the market, and, I would venture to guess, if you are vaping away on a mod or an Ego, I guess it is. But, if you are like me, small, compact and stealthy vaping is the order of the day, and the Blu fits the bill. Is it as bad as the hype? No.... not really. Its main problem is the learning curve, especially to those new to e-cigs in general. Here, I have compiled information (to my knowledge) that will help a user to get the best possible experience.

Please, no Blu bashing, this is for those that want to enjoy their Blu in peace.

Model # L88B

Interchangeable models - Volcano, Yeti

Out of the Package:

First things first, charge the PCC. Use the wall adapter and plug it in. Near the wall socket, a blue light will come on. Though when the light goes off it is "fully charged" do not unplug it for the first charge. The manual states to charge it for at least 8 hours, and those who didn't do this bring their own folly. This is the case with ALL battery recharge packs, you will lessen the lift of the PCC if you do not initially give it a full charge.

Charge the batteries, either in the PCC once it is fully charged, or using the usb adapter.

Charging batteries in the case: Screw in your battery into the charging slot. The LED light on the side of the pack will go on. It will stay on, and near the end of charging will start to "flash" going on and off intermittently. This is to tell you, it is almost done charging. Why does it do this? Because it reminds you to keep an eye on it, as leaving the battery in the pack, screwed in when fully charged, will begin to discharge the battery. Once the light goes out, unscrew it and either charge the next battery, or, leave it loose and unscrewed in that slot awaiting use.

Batteries

In use: The battery will begin to flash for two reasons. One, you are vaping too much and it is warning you about overheating, or two, your battery is too low to heat the atomizer and needs a recharge.

Other reasons battery might flash: Faulty battery. Not always a manufacturers defect, but the battery may have been shipped in not prime conditions, such as freezing temps, very high humidity, or around other electronics. If you tap your batteries and they go off, its likely they are faulty, or are extremely sensitive, although I really think its a fault problem, not a sensitivity issue as not all blu batteries do this.

Warning: Continue using faulty/over sensitive batteries at your own risk. Faulty batteries connected to the atomizer can go off unnoticed in clothing or the pack, causing damage to the pack, atomizer, and even yourself. This is not a case of just the Blu e-cig, but any faulty battery attached to any atomizer. Many faulty batteries go off with excessive sound and noise and do not turn off, and even if injury does not happen, you will have no charged batteries to use when you wish to vape... bummer all around.

Note: Blu Batteries are interchangeable with the Volcano.

Cartridges:

You pay a price for small stealth, and that would be short battery life, and small cartridges. They may not last long, but they are cheap, and can be refilled.

To use a cartridge, insert it on the atomizer, twist , and pop it off. You will see a bit of the foil sticking to the top of the atomizer. Take this off. This is the #1 reason for complaints of low vapor production or horrible taste. Nine times out of ten, the foil will be there winking at you.

To refill a cartridge, invest in a 20 cent box of toothpicks. Stick the toothpick down gently into the filler in the cart, and drip your juice down the toothpick. Could not be easier. Volcano sells cartridge plugs so you can seal them and they wont leak in your case.

Atomizer:

The small atomizer works pretty well at making vapor and TH. I have yet to have one fail, but did order spares just in case.

There is a large complaint that all the flavors taste the same, this can be cured by blowing on the atty while its attached to the battery before putting on a new cart. Do this several times until it stops "vaporizing", burning out the last of the old cartridges flavor. Keep in mind, if you are refilling that some juices, regardless of the model of atty, you are never going to remove the flavor!

Problem solver:

I take a hit, good vapor, but the next sucks!
Try changing the battery out, and if that doesn't work, replace the cart. Make sure you've checked for that dang piece of foil on the atty too! Blu carts are tiny, they maybe hold three drops of liquid, which in reality would only be about 2-5 cigs. Plan accordingly!

It was good, now tastes like burnt wool socks!
Remove the cart and make sure the filler isn't sticking to the atty. If thats not it, its likely the cart is dried out and you are just sucking on burning atomizer.

My batteries aren't lasting and I just took it out of the PCC charger!
Did you originally charge the PCC for 8 hours? If not this could be the problem right here. If you did, consider charging your PCC every single night. Even without extensive useage the PCC will discharge on its own over time. Repeatedly charging batteries of course, does the same thing. I notice my battery charges are not as good late in the evening. Charging the PCC nightly has given me consistent results. Lastly it could be a faulty battery, which happens from time to time.

Can I use Volcano Atty's, batteries and carts?
Yes

Can I drip on a Blu?
Yes and No. No because blu batteries are automatic, and their holes will allow juice to run into it and foul it. What works good is to get a 510 auto battery and a drip tip (from volcano) and that works just fine.

There is no way I'm getting 7-10 cigs out of a cartridge/battery
Actually, you probably are. I did a test with my husband who smokes analogs, and counted how many drags a cigarette lasts. The average is 10-12. Do you stop puffing and put it away for an hour after each 10-12 drags? I bet you you aren't! God Knows I don't! If you try to compare it lasting according to a cigarette, it will never, ever match up.

If I used my Blu exactly like I would a cigarette, (going outside in the cold, not smoking in my car, not in the mall, or bathrooms or the like) A cartridge would likely last me a day. Since I'm sitting here mindlessly puffing while I type, I'll go through 3-5 carts a day.

My cartridges seem to dry out really fast.
Make sure you are standing your e-cig upright (cartridge up) in the pack. Make sure you dont leave the pack lying on its side (like you'd normally do with a pack of cigs). This position keeps juice wicking down toward the atomizer, and not pooling against the side, or, if cased upside down, pooling toward the mouth end.

In the end, I hope this information has service for some Blu users!

Edited to add a forgotten bit of information:

Primer puff: Blu works best with a primer puff or two before taking the drag. A quick toot toot of two quick puffs, then a drag usually makes for more consistent and satisfying use.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread