To hell with BLU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magus86

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
Myerstown, PA
Okay, before the people who like blu freak out, and before the ones who hate blu say "haha, I told you so," allow me to clarify. To hell with BLU, the company and their version of the l88b. Their batteries are WAY too sensitive. Apparently the black ones are worse, or I just got a REALLY bad one. The black one sets itself off just from me unscrewing the damn thing from the charger. Their pack doesn't tell you how much power it has, and I can never tell if the pack is done charging or not. If I remove the cable from the bottom of the pack, the light on the USB end blinks, indicating it has power, but nothing is taking the power. When I plut it back into the pack, the light shuts off completely, which is supposed to indicate the pack is done charging. However, if I then remove and re-attach the USB end to the power adapter or a USB port, it lights up again, indicating it is charging the pack. Blu lies about battery life and charging times. They sell their product on the "cool" factor like Joe Camel and the Marlboro man, which I don't agree with. The pre-filled cartridges suck. The fill is inconsistent, there usually isn't enough of it, it doesn't wick well anyway, and you're almost always left with a 1/4 to 1/2 filled cartridge. It's a waste of juice, but that's sort of okay cuz the juice they give you sucks anyway. However, you still have to pay for it. And you can't just get the starter kit cheaper without juice. If you buy parts individually, you spend more money.

In conclusion... The L88B model E-cigarette is not horrible. It is decent. It has short battery life, but the pack makes up for it. It's definitely not for heavy smokers though. They'll tend to get frustrated and end up smoking real cigarettes to deal with the stress caused by seemingly faulty technology and changing batteries constantly that got drained trying to suck down juice that they're never gonna get out of that cartridge without a syringe. The juice is horrible anyway. If you want an L88B, go with the Volcano from Volcanoecigs.com. If you have a blu, buy Volcano parts for replacements. Their batteries are not nearly as sensitive. They shut off as soon as you're done puffing unlike the blus, which stay light for an extra second or two. Volcano's batteries will not activate by opening the pack lid too quickly. They will not activate in your pocket. They will not activate by being dropped. It takes a little bit harder of a drag to get them to work, but I'd rather have that anyway. It feels more like puffing on a real cigarette with more resistance, and it won't go off when it's not supposed to. Also, Volcano has more options for the batteries. Not only can you choose between white and black for the battery itself, but you can also choose different colored LEDs, like red, purple, green, white, and no LED(military request). If you really want, you can get one that's blue too. I know nothing about how Volcano's pack works differently, but if I'm not mistaken, it doesn't keep discharging and recharging the batteries until the pack is dead if the battery isn't removed like the Blu does.

For these reasons, I WILL NOT buy anything from BLU again. I'll get my replacement parts from Volcano. They have more options. They ship sooner, their product is of a higher quality. They offer bulk discounts if you buy individual parts. I think I'm gonna send my new black BLU battery back for a refund and buy another volcano battery.

Please don't get me wrong though; I LOVE my L88B. I'm just ...... at the way BLU handles things. They're a shady company. Anybody thinking about getting one, DON'T. If you're a light smoker or just want to get into e-cigarettes, go on over to Volcanoecigs.com and get a Volcano starter pack. You will be much more satisfied with Volcano. I haven't tried their actual product besides the battery myself. However, if the battery quality is any indication, it will be better than Blu. And even if every other aspect of it is the same, at least your battery won't be going off in your pants, wasting juice, slowly killing your atomizer, and draining the life of your battery. To hell with BLU.

The only real problem(I don't really consider it a problem, but I see why it's inconvenient) with the L88B(or at least BLU's version, I don't know about volcano carts), is that in order to get it to work at its full potential, you need to buy your own juice and either drip/dip or throw out the fill that's in the pre-filled carts and replace it with pyramid teabag/blue foam/SOMETHING that actually fills the cart and wicks the juice. The default juice tastes like ... and kills my throat. But the juice from VaperRenu.com is EXCELLENT. I think that's part of the problem and the reason why so many people hate BLU. They don't want to have to really get involved, they just want it to be as reliable as an analog. And I can't say I blame them one bit. I think I'm just a little more patient, or maybe my addiction to smoking just isn't as intense. BLU is doing some good and some bad. They're advertising like crazy and getting the word out that these things exist, but their inferior product could and is turning people away with bad quality control/inconsistencies and lies.

Last edited:

Magus86

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
Myerstown, PA
Volcano needs to do the advertising whoring that Blu's doing, as in banners everywhere and whatnot, but not in making it look like it's just some trendy cool thing to do, like the latest cool gadget or whatever. And there need to me many links to information about why Volcano is better so starters don't get as discouraged by what Blu provides and then never vape again because of it.

My mom asked me to talk to my older brother about trying out e-cigs. He already was planning on it at some point, and he said he was gonna try a Blu. I advised him to go with Volcano, preferrably a Magma, but definitely not Blu. He ordered a Magma that night. We'll see how it goes. By the way, I heard somewhere before, but I don't know where, that Volcano's inner carts are deeper than Blu's. Can anyone verify this? If it's true, I think I'm gonna get some. I feel like I'm topping off the Blu cart more often than I should have to.

EDIT: So my girlfriend just discovered something else that's different about the volcano. If you blow into the Blu battery, there are holes in the end that the vapor will come out of. Blowing into the Blu activates the battery. When you blow into the Volcano batteries, however, nothing happens. The battery does not activate, and vapor does not come out the cherry end of the battery. Go Volcano!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread