Throat hit questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

r4tlu0v

Mar 9, 2011
USA
Hey guys, I'm looking for some clarification on what makes a good throat hit.

I'm a noob, I have a Joye Ego and I'm using Vapor-Kings 2ohm Cartomizers with Johnson Creek VG juice. (18 MG/ML Nic). It tastes wonderful, there's plenty of vapor, but I'm just not getting a really awesome throat hit. Every now and again, it hits pretty well. But most of the time, not so much. I guess my real question is:

If I switch to a Propylene Glycol enriched juice, will this make a tremendous difference in throat hit?

It's not that the throat hit I'm getting is completely unsatisfactory, I'm just wanting something a little more fulfilling, I guess.

Thanks again for all the help!

r4tlu0v

Mar 9, 2011
USA
Rosa, thank you. You reminded me to add something into my post.

When I first fill my cartomizer, the first 3 hits are very exceptional, and full of flavor. When I get to around the 4th puff, I begin to feel the TH diminishing. I followed the directions on carto filling via a youtube video. I think I'm doing it right. Johnson Creek juice comes with little droppers that screw onto the top of the bottles. I pull the soft mouth plug (Small hole end) off of the carto, and drip the juice down the sides. I then blow through it to clear the center tube of any fluid. Maybe I'm not putting enough in there? The juice is brown in color, and after I put a few drops in, when I see the top of the cotton becoming saturated, I usually blow through it. Afterwards, I guess the force of my breath is pushing the juice down into the cotton. Because the top of the cotton appears white and dry afterwards. Forgive my ignorance. I might be doing something COMPLETELY wrong here. Thank you for the help!

r4tlu0v

Mar 9, 2011
USA
Yeah, I'm almost certain it's the Red-Oak Juice I'm smoking. It does provide plenty of flavor, as well as vapor. So I know everything is working properly, just not much of a throat hit.

Can anyone recommend some quality PG juice? I'm not into the menthol flavors so much. I know Tobacco flavors are kind of hit and miss. I'm going to shop around for a good rich flavored/high TH juice.

ChipHead

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Florida
Try some RY5 from FSUSA. I use 18mg. Pretty darn good throat and chest hit. The taste may not be for you so order a 10 ml bottle and give it a test drive. I use the condem method. I did the pull the cap and drip to fill but that was as PITA. Got it down to a science now. Be careful if you can't wait and vape right after refilling. Best to let sit overnight as recommended.

Last edited:

VAPlN'

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2011
Iowa
VG heavy juices are much more flavorful and smooth than PG ones. But, you lose a lot of the TH with them. Stepping up the voltage and nic makes up the difference well enough for me. I also noticed that I get more TH now than I did when I first quit analogs (all else equal equipment and juice wise). I am thinking that it might have to do with a reduced tolerance now that I haven't had an analog in so long. Just me thinking out loud I guess. The other thing I've noticed lately is that the flavors are a bit different for me than they used to be. I've heard that the sense of taste returns when you give up the analogs. Maybe this has something to do with it. Some of the bottles of juice that I had put away as "yuck" are now quite tasty to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread