Status
Not open for further replies.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Late but I'm glad you made it home safely. I remember living in Montana at winter time with 6 foot snowdrifts and it was legal to drive your snowmobile on the streets. I left work one night and could barely see the end of the hood of my car. I just followed the cars taillights in front of me hoping he didn't leave the road. Thats the blind leading the blind. It took me 35min. to go the 5mi. to my house. When I got home I found we were out of heating oil so I walked to the station to get 5gal. The good old days huh? You can always tell where it snows alot by the signs. They have real tall signposts with one sign at regular highth and another one way up high for when the snow covers the lower one. I'm in the rainy place now.

natura

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
USA-Western NY
Hi Ya honey! I'm home hehehe

Um I am in love with the second one!!! Reminds me of a place on the other side of the swamp where I meet the Eagle. I definitely know what your talking about..I am more then bummed when the obsession of painting or shooting leaves you. I have one one 3' x4' fox mama and cub was going great..and then reality got in the way..Thanksgiving guest and then Christmas and before you know it ...your looking at a painting that is dried and your not sure you have the same mood within to complete it.

Their our babies and we just do the best we can is all.

I agree with ecf but it's hard to resist with all the great people you meet. We all share a special bond. That magic and amazement of having control over such a POWERRFUL substance that had dictated our lives and now we can sit with a pack in front of us and smile. Knowing for the very first time- It truly has no control over us. For some this feeling has not arrived but it will. It's heaven and who doesn't want to be with others in heaven ; )

sandyk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Clarkston, Michigan
I got the crusted Sirloin with some kind of their special seasoned salt, seasoned fries, jalapeno cole slaw, and bread (they make the best bread) and Diet Coca Cola......doctor's orders to have 2 glasses of wine every evening (thins my blood, I have a Perlipheral Artery Disease-but I have a good heart and my cholesterol is dead perfect) and he told me it will help me sleep (he said better than a sleeping pill). They have no idea what is causing the clotting. I had a stent put in an artery off my arm 3 years ago. I only drink Vodka or Beer on Friday nights..lol...

You may be right for me to stop at the grasses and forget the stream. It may be an unconscious thing that I did not finish it. I have another painting that my mom nags me about finishing (she lives in Phoenix and it is something I sketched while I was out there visiting). Told her I don't know how to finish it up......she told me..."Sandy, just stick some cactus in"....lol....I know she wants to add it to her collection of my stuff. She has Pen & Inks and a few paintings of mine on her walls already. I did a Dinosaur pencil drawing for Zach, my grandson, last year. I was doing it while my husband was in hernia surgery...I was in the waiting room and this Chinese guy came by and was amazed and wanted to buy it.....told him it wasn't for sale...it was for my grandson (he loves dinosaurs). Well, I showed it to Zach, scare the bejesus out of him so I said forget it.....I will have to dig it out and show you.........should have sold the sucker....maybe when Zach gets older, he will want it.

People just don't understand Artists. They think it is easy but not so. It is harder than owning and operating a business which I retired from 10 years ago. I just don't slap the paint on........their has to be continuity among other things. And the Paycheck stinks...lol...

Well, Spring is coming and my mood changes with it.........have good plans....I have a picture of my cabin in my blog on here, Natura if you want to take a peek. It sits on 2 1/2 acres of wooded land and 180 feet of lakefront. Can't wait to build our permanent home there.

I hope everyone has a great night. I feel better tonight. Will and I had a good talk about the upcoming months and our goals. Life is good, God is Great but people are still crazy (and I am one of them..lol)

Good night.

natura

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
USA-Western NY
I already did..and I was already jealous without the pics..what ya wanna do rub it in? LOL

Your parents sound very supportive that's a very nice thing to have. Funny but my father who is a engineer well known stuff created by him and he has only really attached himself to one of my works. It was a pastel and the amazing part (if you know an engineer) is it's a simple black-white-gray silhouette of a bird upon a moon...but the bird is unrecognizable. LOL he loves it though and for not being able to figure out what it is..i find it amusing and so unlike what an engineer would like. Only took 4 hours!

My mom tends to like the cutsey stuff like a pic I took of four fox kits. But that's all they keep.I even spent hours and months doing a oil painting of herons doing a mating ritual for them and it does not replace the easy ones. It is 4 foot by 6 foot. I had intended it to replace the pastel over the fireplace. But once I brought it to them..I realized the stonework and it had a little competition LOL. So, It sits here in my studio all rolled up.

And btw "2 glasses of wine every evening" no wonder your such a happy person! I tried to do the red wine every night because it's good for you. LOL didn't work for me.

sandyk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Clarkston, Michigan
I just want to make a comment about my heart being okay. My heart is just fine. I mentioned somewhere along the line in this forum, I think that I had bypass surgery. The bypass was for my legs......not getting any blood flow....so they went straight up and connected to my heart which was pumping great...lol......only damage done was I got this long scar from my crouch to my breast. Some things ya gotta live with.

I just wanted to clear that up....I wouldn't people to think I wasn't telling the truth.

And Natura thank you......I think that might be the stonewall I was hitting......think I am going to call the tree painting done. I really like to do the abstracts and some pop art. I might just go heavy into that. Thank you!!

Have a good day everyone!

sandyk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Clarkston, Michigan
Had a bout with Sinusitis for the past week or so. Worst thing about it is the nagging headache and a terrible sore throat from the drainage. My daughter finally talked me into going to the Doc Wednesday. He checked my chest and said that he was surprised my lungs were clear. Told him< "I told ya when I showed you my PV that it was the key for my stopping smoking." He smiled and said "I guess you were right."

I have steadily decreased my intake of nicotine. The last week I have had to limit vaping because of the throat being sore, so mostly just a little menthol. I was surprised I didn't need the nicotine so now I am convinced I can do this......I have one bottle of 24mg Tobacco sitting here on my desk just in case.......but I have gone to making my own e-juice: Butter Rum, Blueberry, Vanilla Custard, and Virginia Tobacco, and of course, Menthol. Those will be my mainstays. A friend of mine gave me a recipe for Tangerine and I am going to try that also. So I am on the road to no-nic.........I don't know if I can ever stop vaping, though. One step at a time.

Liscab, where ya been, my friend? Haven't seen or talked to you in awhile. Hope all is well and you are doing alright. Going to build my own mod shortly. Got my eye on something with a 3000 mah battery. Been sketching some while I have been down in bed sick so I am getting back into the creative mode. Even picked up my guitar for a bit and picked a few strings. I am on an antibiotic now so I am getting better but still feeling punked out.

sandyk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Clarkston, Michigan
lol....I learned that from you...and I got cut short once.......never again....lol...just in case mode. I also have some free plain nic that was given to me...54mg.....it is in safe keeping...another just in case....going to cut down to 6mg....and see how that goes....

The KR808 ex long battery gets me a good buzz at 6mg so I will always have one of those on hand...just in case...lol

As you can see, I always like a back-up. Got caught without a good working atomizer a couple weeks ago......fixed that one quick......can't vape without them. Think I am going to always have a package of blank cartos around....just in case..lol..

Glad to see you are doing alright Liscab. I am on the road to recovery from the forums...when I come on, I only am here for a few minutes now.....not parked here for hours at a time.

This is the mod I am going to build:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/28567-how-big-battery-box-bubblegum-mod.html

I got a source for the ice breaker bubblegum. I just need to make sure the store still has them. Then I am in business.

Last edited:

sandyk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Clarkston, Michigan
Oh, and by the way, Rob's Keemer juice is awesome.......I love it. I am just trying to go to very low nic to no nic. I love the Keemer RY2, RY3, RY4, 555 and the Tobacco. So much better than the DeKang in MHO........

I did not mean to give the impression I do not like Rob's juice.......I have been ordering the Keemer juice for awhile now and I like it so much that I never had need to order from any other supplier.

sandyk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Clarkston, Michigan
This is just an update note about my daughters whom many of you have asked about.

My oldest daughter has Celiac Disease, which is essentially she cannot eat anything with Gluten in it. If she does, it destroys her intestines. She has been dealing with this now for about 6 months and not getting any better. She recently had some intensive, expensive testing done on her whole body so the doctors can figure out why she is not responding to treatment. Her present doctor does not have any idea about the next step. He has seen only 2 cases as severe as hers that has not responded to treatment. He has referred her to the doctor who he interned under at the University of Michigan Hospital in Ann Arbor and his office is setting everything up. This cannot continue to go untreated as it will lead to intestinal cancer. I do not know how she is continuing to work as the pain is intense. She is in upper management at a large, well-known Hardware/Software company and she does some work at home on the bad days so she keeps busy.

My youngest daughter has had Cervical Cancer. She had a radical hysterectomy two years ago. As most people know, she needs follow-up appointments for 5 years to see if she is still in remission (which she is in now). She had her follow-up appointment this past week and the waiting game begins. They take 4 weeks to do the lab work. It seems like a year till we get the results back to verify remission.

So that is where it stands now. It has been a stressful week to say the least. We all have been recovering from the flu/cold virus going around.

My children will be fine. I just know it. Every one of my 3 kids are strong individuals. They will survive.

God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread