This is my last order from Halo. I will be looking for another Ecig syetem. Very disappointed with Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eloquently Me

May 28, 2013
texas
Dear Halo,

After spending approximately 335.00 with halo over the course of 3 weeks, when I tried to use my halo points, Halo refused , with this message " I am sorry but we cannot use your HALO points for your request."

With the below link to Halo's website, you can see Halo's catalog and note that it requires 1000 points to get a free 30ml bottle of tribeca.
I have 1040 points and humbly requested that halo add this to my existing 83.00 order, made last night.
Halo Rewards Catalog | Halo Cigs

Halo refused my request with the following message.
I'm very disappointed with Halo.

Replied From: Customer Service
-------------------------------
Good morning XXXXXXX,

I am sorry but we cannot use your HALO points for your request.

Please advise Redeeming Halo Points can be done right through our website. You can always view your total Halo Points and how they were earned by going to the Points and Rewards section of your account. Once you have earned enough points, simply browse our Rewards Catalog to see what items you are eligible to redeem. Once you find a free product you would like, just click the “Add To Cart” button on the product information page. Once added, you will see the item in your shopping cart with the full item amount deducted from your subtotal. You will also be able to see how many points were used to redeem the item. Please note that if you do not have enough Halo Points in your account, the normal product price will be charged.

However, we can still add (1) Tribeca-18mg-30ml to your order and manually charge your credit card.

Please advise how you would like to proceed.

Your order will be on hold until we hear back from you.

Thank you!

Diana

http://www.halocigs.com/helpdesk/viewticket/customer/code/3f58dac557cc06644d64f82a517f5e7b

PeteC2

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Bristol, CT
If I am wrong my apologies, but what it sounds like you are saying is that you crossed the 1000 point threshhold upon placing this latest order, and now want to add on the free bottle to that order.

I had the same thing happen, however, I understand that my points were to take effect upon subsequent orders, not tacked on to the order that brought me from below 1000 points, to at or over. In other words, at the time I placed that order, I was still below the needed points.

On my next order, then over 1000 points, they cheerfully sent me my free bottle of Tribeca.

If so, no offense but that seems a bit over the top? Halo IMHO responded appropriately, and after all, now that you have over 1000 points, you can order your free ejuice upon your next order.

Sure, it would have been convenient for me too had they allowed me to tack on the free ejuice to the same order that brought my points over the top, but I have no issue with that. Most of us who get enough points to use the rewards system are after all repeat Halo customers anyway. I wouldn't have been upset unless for some reason, that was going to be my last order from them.

I wish you luck with your next ecig company, but really? I don't get it at all.

JR 137

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Albany, NY, USA
Did you have 1,000 points before the order, or did the current order bring you to the 1040 points? As Pete said, and the website says, you can redeem the points on your next order, ie if you spent however much in one order to get 1,000 points, you have to wait until the next order to redeem said points.

My last order put me over 1,000, so I hope I can redeem them and add/buy other stuff in the same order.

Eloquently Me

May 28, 2013
texas
That may be why. I don't know.
I sent a letter asking why and they didn't reply as of yet.
So the lightening fast replies, don't seem to happen so lightening fast.

Other than that, I like the g6 ecig and halos tribeca juice quite a bit.
The tribeca juice is really good. The hardware is really good.
The customer service could be far better, however.

They could have at very least contained an explanation as to why they rejected my points.
They did no such thing leaving me feeling like they opted out of their own points system.

The letter even states it.

However, we can still add (1) Tribeca-18mg-30ml to your order and manually charge your credit card.

Please advise how you would like to proceed.

Your order will be on hold until we hear back from you.

Thank you!

Diana

PeteC2

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Bristol, CT
Well, they didn't say anything about opting out of their point system, and I am sure that they have not, however, yes, it could have been explained with more clarity.

It does sound like you simply did not have the points prior to making your order though. Like I said, same thing happened to me.

I have never had any beef with Halo's customer service or responses, but until they add more CS staff, I think they'd be better off zapping the "lightning fast responses" part. Their customer base has expanded so rapidly that they need to expand their CS staff as well.

I get responses to emails in around 24 hours...not terrible, and they are always on point with what they come back with, but yes, to be a world-class customer service they need to add personnel.

Growing pains...great product (Triton)...explosive growth...new problems. On the other hand, in order fullfillment which is critical, I think they have done very well considering that they darn near doubled their product line in a very short time.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Yeah, once the order is actually processed and paid for, then you get the points. If you cross the 1000 on a new order, you can use the points on the next order.

Just placed a new order, and here's what it says-

You earned 225 Halo Points for the order you just placed.
The points you earned are currently pending the completion of your order. You will be able to spend these points after we finish processing your order.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread