Status
Not open for further replies.

keithu2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA
One of the things I think is unrivaled about the vaping community is that such a diverse group of people can have a perfectly intelligible conversation about politically charged topics like religion and politics, without getting ....-hurt. I just wanted to acknowledge that this thread went in a definitively positive direction despite the fact that some "hot topics" were touched on - I really appreciate everyone's willingness to be open-minded about such matters. XOXO

We have a good role model . . . . .

. . . even though Megan' said you and I are meatheads. :laugh:

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
Love always prevails. Always. My lady and I have been through absolute Hell and back. I could write a book, I'm sure. But couldn't we all.
I have POS roommates that were suppose to move out today but apparently don't have anywhere to go now. Words can't describe how mad I am.

Gracious, woman. You sound exactly like my best friend. She had this tendency to attract helpless, needy individuals and then she enabled them. When she finally met a lady she wanted to spend more time with, she had all these needy leaches consuming all her energy. Took me a good 2 years to get her to listen to me. She eventually kicked the baggage to the curb and a year later she met someone. They got married in Indiana 4 years ago. I got a second best friend out of the deal :)

You can't save the world and if you can't save yourself, how can you expect to enjoy your own life to the fullest? Your roommates will continue to create whatever situation necessary to stay where they are. Take a good serious look at the situations they create. Analyze them, think through the events that transpired. Bet you will discover they are setting you up. Sometimes the best thing in the world for someone is to not have a safety net. Don't let people use you up.

Soignee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Austin>SWFL
plus.google.com
One of the things I think is unrivaled about the vaping community is that such a diverse group of people can have a perfectly intelligible conversation about politically charged topics like religion and politics, without getting ....-hurt. I just wanted to acknowledge that this thread went in a definitively positive direction despite the fact that some "hot topics" were touched on - I really appreciate everyone's willingness to be open-minded about such matters. XOXO

Double like on your post!

Ok, a Love on your post!

Cactus Breath

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
AZ
Well said. This thread had the potential to go south several times and I can think of many other forums I've been on where it most certainly would have. Well done by all involved.

ronnbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2014
Sawmills, NC, USA
The reason I asked was because my son is gay. He's only 17 and not in a position to get married but it would be nice if he lived in a state that actually recognized the fact that love knows no boundaries. NC is not one of those states. My son has told me many times that he would be moving to CA when he was able because he can explore his own sexuality. Love doesn't decide that it should only be for men and women together but could hold true for 2 men or 2 women. I've known since my son was very young that he would choose the lifestyle he ultimately chose. I've been asked many times what I planned to do about him? My answer is usually to look at the person as if they've developed an extra head and walk away with matches firmly in hand.
Not true my fair Lynn! While our idiot neighbors surrounding us in our communities (and family in my case) are not all loving and accepting, they abolished the BS sanctity or Marriage Act or whatever rubbish it was called and gay marriage is legal in NC! My two favorite lesbian friends (as I lovingly call them) are getting married tomorrow I believe! I was surprised at the fact NC was being so progressive (since there is a church at every street corner, at least in my neck of the woods) and with all the Southern Baptists like my family with their blinders on and hate in their hearts. Now, I was raised in church and went everytime the door was open the majority of my life, but I cannot accept that an "all loving God" would not accept people because of their sexual orientation. I have struggled with this, and while I still believe in intelligent design, I have become heartbroken at my family for being so hateful and disengenuous. If you are happy with someone and love them, then you should have the ability to marry them, as long as both people are of age, of course.

Sorry for the rant, everyone else has opened up and I felt the need to get that off my chest.

ronnbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2014
Sawmills, NC, USA
There goes the illusion that either of us are 20somethings...:unsure:
Hey now Mrs. Megan, I am a 20-something who knows who Archie Bunker is. Though I am rather nostalgic to say the least. Some of my favorite bands include: Pink Floyd, Queen, Yes, Billy Joel, and Devo (besides some newer names). Some of my favorite shows: Fraiser, Cheers, Becker, and I have even watched: Sanford in Sons, Green Acres, Mary Tyler Moore Show, .... Van .... Show, and WKRP in Cinncinati. My parents raised me on the "good" and "wholesome" generation that just knew how to hide their innuendos and double entédre better. Give us 20-somethings a chance, ya might like a few of us ;)

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
They have meetings for that?

I am not. 100% atheist.

There are meetings for that! And even if there aren't any in your area, I think you would find that the people in other XA meetings are very similar and are going through a lot of the same things mentally. Regardless of whatever your DOC is, the way the mind works and rationalizes the use or abuse of that DOC is the same. There is a spiritual aspect to any XA meeting, however, you are not forced to embrace it. If it's not for you, there are meetings that are very similar that throw out the 'higher power' piece, like Life Ring. If you want any information, I would be glad to share. Just shoot me a PM.

To everyone else, this thread was a joy to read. As Mista Kent Brooks said, everyone remained composed and there wasn't even the slightest turn towards negativity, despite plenty of opportunities. Props.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Not true my fair Lynn! While our idiot neighbors surrounding us in our communities (and family in my case) are not all loving and accepting, they abolished the BS sanctity or Marriage Act or whatever rubbish it was called and gay marriage is legal in NC! My two favorite lesbian friends (as I lovingly call them) are getting married tomorrow I believe! I was surprised at the fact NC was being so progressive (since there is a church at every street corner, at least in my neck of the woods) and with all the Southern Baptists like my family with their blinders on and hate in their hearts. Now, I was raised in church and went everytime the door was open the majority of my life, but I cannot accept that an "all loving God" would not accept people because of their sexual orientation. I have struggled with this, and while I still believe in intelligent design, I have become heartbroken at my family for being so hateful and disengenuous. If you are happy with someone and love them, then you should have the ability to marry them, as long as both people are of age, of course.

Sorry for the rant, everyone else has opened up and I felt the need to get that off my chest.

Wow!! I didn't know that! I knew they passed the bill to do away with the marriage act but thought I read somewhere that it was appealed for being unconstitutional ? Hmmm....still my son is not old enough to get married! And you sound like you were raised similar to me. Even though I'm a heckuva lot older than you. I still believe the same...God made us all!

ronnbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2014
Sawmills, NC, USA
Wow!! I didn't know that! I knew they passed the bill to do away with the marriage act but thought I read somewhere that it was appealed for being unconstitutional ? Hmmm....still my son is not old enough to get married! And you sound like you were raised similar to me. Even though I'm a heckuva lot older than you. I still believe the same...God made us all!
I believe 60% of us native North Carolineans were raised the same way, some like us have just taken the time to review what was given to us, and not just blindly accept it.

Spooky28

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
North Carolina
The reason I asked was because my son is gay. He's only 17 and not in a position to get married but it would be nice if he lived in a state that actually recognized the fact that love knows no boundaries. NC is not one of those states. My son has told me many times that he would be moving to CA when he was able because he can explore his own sexuality. Love doesn't decide that it should only be for men and women together but could hold true for 2 men or 2 women. I've known since my son was very young that he would choose the lifestyle he ultimately chose. I've been asked many times what I planned to do about him? My answer is usually to look at the person as if they've developed an extra head and walk away with matches firmly in hand.

I KNEW we had a lot in common but THIS I didn't know. My oldest son is a wonderful man, beautiful vocalist, creative, intelligent, funny also gay man. I say that because I don't believe now nor have I ever believed that our sexuality is the only thing that defines who we are but rather it enhances. I have another equally wonderful son who is bright and strong and loving who happens to be heterosexual. Ask me if they were raised differently in different circumstances or if either one made a "choice" about his sexuality. NO! My passion in life is for equality for both of them, nothing more and nothing less.

I say all that (not only because I could go on and on about this subject) to say I stand with you! This IS happening. When my oldest was born I would never have dreamed we would have come as far as we have in such a short time. Hang in there, I can only imagine how difficult your walk through this life is but I do believe it will get better.

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Hey now Mrs. Megan, I am a 20-something who knows who Archie Bunker is. Though I am rather nostalgic to say the least. Some of my favorite bands include: Pink Floyd, Queen, Yes, Billy Joel, and Devo (besides some newer names). Some of my favorite shows: Fraiser, Cheers, Becker, and I have even watched: Sanford in Sons, Green Acres, Mary Tyler Moore Show, .... Van .... Show, and WKRP in Cinncinati. My parents raised me on the "good" and "wholesome" generation that just knew how to hide their innuendos and double entédre better. Give us 20-somethings a chance, ya might like a few of us ;)

Oh....I thought you were older, my bad! And nothing against 20 somethings at all just thought it was funny that it was posted and I immediately knew who that was. LOL

*pulls right ear* ;)

Myah_June2014

May 10, 2014
WI
I hear ya w/ stress! She isn't worth it & you deserve much better!! I think I have more stress right now then 20+ years combined:( Almost broke & smoked few days ago but, if I ran & smoked everytime I was stressed I would be in trouble & that would be my "excuse" to not quit... I sunk into an ACB abyss, then virus, so yummy & way better then a stupid cigarette! I'm so grateful for NT & the NT family! I haven't tried Raz Cup, gonna have to go underground.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Well said. This thread had the potential to go south several times and I can think of many other forums I've been on where it most certainly would have. Well done by all involved.

You hit it - it easily could have gotten pretty ugly. I started reading the thread, and I went "Damn, this is going to get out of control, fast" - and then it didn't, and I was relieved. LMAO

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Unconditional positive regard is one quality that I attempted to polish and refine in my counselor training. It was tested to the (N)th degree when I was working in Lincoln Regional Center with a population that committed predominantly violent crimes (think murder, etc). About the time I learned to have compassion for someone who had committed an act like that, I learned I could have compassion for anyone. Ironically enough, the hardest person to have compassion for - myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread