• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The Vaporium in Lakewood, WA (review)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanthess

Feb 1, 2013
Lynnwood, WA
So far I had dropped about $250 in product purchased online that either was junk or didn't work for me. There had to be something out there that would work but I couldn't afford to keep buying things online and hoping that they would work out.

The nearest B&Ms near me were either up in Bellingham (1+ hour away) or Lakewood (1 1/2 hour away). The location in Bellingham was closed today so I made the trek down past Tacoma to find help.

When I walked in the place was PACKED. 20+ people in a small boutique sized shop all talking with staff and chatting/laughing with eachother. Even with my agoraphobia I felt welcomed in. There were smiles all around.

I waited my turn for about 5 minutes, super quick considering the crowd, and told the guy behind the counter I needed help. He first asked me what my current rig was, what worked for me and what didn't, and what I wanted out of my experience. I told him that someone online suggested I try a carto tank and he whole-heartedly agreed. He pulled out the least expensive one which was about $15 to try and said he had a few other items I might be interested in and while he was looking for them I should go to the bar and try out their flavors. He handed me a battery and a driptip condom and sent me on my way.

I got over to the "bar" area and was greeted by an employee stationed there just to help customers find flavors they would like. Again, super friendly! There were quite a few newbs like me there and we all started chatting and vaping away, suggesting different flavors to try. I settled on some flavors that normally seeing the name online I wouldn't think about twice, and was surprised that the flavors I thought sounded tasty just didn't end up as tasty. By the way, Two Peas in a Pod make some amazing juice. Paper and pen were provided for writing down the flavors I liked and I was encouraged to vape as much as I wanted until I found a flavor that worked for me. I ended up getting Yolo, Night at the Movies, Purple People Eater, and Caramel Coffee Bean.

When I headed back to the equipment counter the first guy was there with all the gear he suggested and a smile on his face. I voiced my concern about getting something and having it not work after I left and was told that the place was a "try before you buy" kind of shop. Yes!!!

He stayed with me and showed me how to properly prime a carto and to fill the tank with one of the flavors I had chosen, handed it off to me and asked me to try it out. Heaven is the only term I can come up with compared to everything else I had tried.

After he made sure I was happy with all my choices, he complemented me on my gauges (so nice!) and sent me off to the payment desk.
The owner was running the register and is such a sweetheart! He made sure even though it was busy to chitchat a little with each customer and to make sure they smiled and enjoyed their visit.

I ended up spending a whole lot more than I planned ($130 on this trip alone), but I feel so much more empowered and knowledgeable about what I have been stumbling through the past two weeks.

The staff there is incredible with their knowledge and have no problems giving honest opinions/answers. I heard one customer be told that a certain product wouldn't be good for him based on his usage and was suggested a different, less expensive battery that would suit him better. That says a lot in my book.
They don't have an online store yet, but said that if I ever needed anything I can call in and they will ship out an order for me.

Great customer service, excellent product, and a wonderful welcoming atmosphere.

Folks, I am now finally becoming a happy vaper.

Jagellpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2012
Tacoma, WA
I must agree, and great review of your experience at The Vaporium!

I walked thru their doors on Sept 12th, 2011. It wasn't as busy back then, but the level of customer service was outstanding and has kept me coming back.

I was in there last night and as they were busy I offered to help a gal who was having some technical issues, while she waited. With the knowledge I have gained from there I could pass that along to a new vaper.

I know it is frustrating when they or any business is busy, and that is why Kim is opening a second store in Fife, hopefully in March!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread