The SSGGTS vs Provari vs Aplha Ultramax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello friends,

I'm relatively new to the vape world and still very much in love with my eGo, but it's time for me to switch to a mod and I'm looking towards something that does offer VV. The SS GGTS is very much in my sites as far as looks and quality goes. The problem that I have with this unit is that feeders like the UFS and the iAtty are impossible to come by.

While the SS GGTS is still in stock around the globe I'm wondering that if I do chose this, what happens if I can't get my hands on the VV module and the new atty Imeo has been working on.

Another question that I do have is whether there are other feeders that do fit and look great on the GGTS that perform just as well as the UFS and iAtty.

The RES on the Alpha Ultramax looks like it performs really nicely, is this similar to what the UFS does as I'm not quite sure how the UFS works. Maybe someone knows of a different mod that I should look into? Since many of these units are very expensive I can unfortunately not buy them all and I'm looking for the one to basically cover as much of my needs as possible.

Thanks for your time!

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
Don't own an Alpha... But I do own a couple GGTSs and a Provari. I use my GGTS mods. One I drip with and use as a carry about. The other I have a UFS on it. I also have and AVS and an iAtty... They are both great.

I guess what I am saying... I would take the SSGGTS over the Provari. The provari is nice for VV and the stuff it does with electronics... after that, hmm. Well my SSGGTS is a tank and vapes better in my opinion. GGTS with air control ring is a win. Add an IMEO tank and it's even better. I don't even look at other mods anymore.

jinoo

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2011
Georgia
The best thing about GG for me is that it actually helped me stop buying other mods. I couldn't stop myself from buying a lot of other mods, until I got GG in my hands. So far, I have GGTS with UFS and GGTB with Iatty and they all satisfy me perfectly. The best thing is that Imeo is still working on more better stuffs, such as VV and GG4S, to provide his customers with better vaping experience. I really appreciate his work and I'd like to continue to be one of his supporting customers.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
While the SS GGTS is still in stock around the globe I'm wondering that if I do chose this, what happens if I can't get my hands on the VV module and the new atty Imeo has been working on.

Another question that I do have is whether there are other feeders that do fit and look great on the GGTS that perform just as well as the UFS and iAtty.

I'm not sure what you mean with your first question because nothing "happens"; you simply won't have them. The GGTS has worked just fine w/o either for a long, long time.

Any of the tank mods work really well with the GGTS. You can either make an adapter or pair up a couple of stock adapters to attach them. A bonus is the adjustable draw........a feature unique to the GGTS

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
once you go GG everything else is just a toy.... VV for GG is on its way just be patient and when it is available the GG will have no competition... the only thing any of the other mods might have over the GG is the VV control... once the GGVV is available I feel sorry for other mods cause they will have nothing...

iAtty, UFS & AVS can be found if you watch the classified ads of this forum... you may pay a little more for it but if you cant wait for one its the way to go... if you can wait and just need a cheap solution till you can get one of the GG tank systems I recommend using a MAP TANK a simple $25-30 dollar system...

The UFS & AVS are tank systems that use store bought atomizers... While the iAtty is a rebuildable atty tank system... which means you'll not be dependent on store bought atty only your own coil making skills which gives you the ability to make the atty any ohm your lil throat desires...

Also keep in mind that you have unlimited battery combinations with a GGTS but at the same time I recommend only using AW IMR LiMN High Drain batteries... not only for safety reasons but performance as well...

at the end of the day there really isn't a mod on the market at this time that can compare to the quality, function and style of the GG product line... which explains why so many GG owners actually have rather large collections of GG products...

and last but not least the GG Family of owners are the most friendly and helpful vapors on the planet...

and thats my 2 cents for what its worth... just remember the most important thing is that it keeps you off the analog debils of death....

P.S. - as of this very minute I see in the classifieds a UFS for sale and 2 guys with iAttys they might sell...

Last edited:
Hmmm... found a guy selling a UFS with mouthpiece and steel window for 300 bucks including shipping...

The GG is great I mean it looks fantastic and has so many features and is what I really want. It's just the availability of certain of it's parts that holds me back. I think i'm just going to fork out and take the dive. It will be my first mod and something tells me I'll be really impressed.

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Hmmm... found a guy selling a UFS with mouthpiece and steel window for 300 bucks including shipping...

The GG is great I mean it looks fantastic and has so many features and is what I really want. It's just the availability of certain of it's parts that holds me back. I think i'm just going to fork out and take the dive. It will be my first mod and something tells me I'll be really impressed.

Smart move and you wont be disappointed and if your patient you can find the iAtty, UFS or AVS at a reasonable price in the classifieds... I feel a fair price for a UFS is about $200.00 and an iAtty at about $150.00... I have purchased an iAtty at that price recently and have also seen UFS go for $200.00 so unless you can throw away money be patient a good deal will come around...

Last edited:

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
Smart move and you wont be disappointed and if your patient you can find the iAtty, UFS or AVS at a reasonable price in the classifieds... I feel a fair price for a UFS is about $200.00 and an iAtty at about $150.00... I have purchased an iAtty at that price recently and have also seen UFS go for $200.00 so unless you can throw away money be patient a good deal will come around...

Actually, I have sold a UFS for that amount but until the new ones come out in the next month, its the law of supply and demand; be patient but quitting smokers are not usually the most easy-going lot!:laugh:

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Actually, I have sold a UFS for that amount but until the new ones come out in the next month, its the law of supply and demand; be patient but quitting smokers are not usually the most easy-going lot!:laugh:

will the coming UFS be different or the same as the last batch or do you know???

Zoranth

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2010
Baldwin, MI. USA
www.keepandshare.com
Rev, the very first Mod I bought was a GGTS "To My Friend" edition and the AVS. I have not even had a thought about trying anything other mods.

Imeo is a master of innovation when it comes to PV's and he takes his users comments and criticisms to heart. If there is a problem at all, he (and the family) will do everything in their power to get it straightened out for you.

Zoranth

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2010
Baldwin, MI. USA
www.keepandshare.com
will the coming UFS be different or the same as the last batch or do you know???

Imeo had mentioned that the only notable difference may be the inclusion of the new UFS top cap (instead of the standard plastic mouthpiece) which allows the use of longer atties/cartos and a drip tip. I believe you will still be able to purchase the Plastic or SS mouthpieces separately.

Last edited:

wigglr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Massachusetts
Rev, the very first Mod I bought was a GGTS "To My Friend" edition and the AVS. I have not even had a thought about trying anything other mods.

Imeo is a master of innovation when it comes to PV's and he takes his users comments and criticisms to heart. If there is a problem at all, he (and the family) will do everything in their power to get it straightened out for you.

I agree with Zoranth.

I have owned a ProVari. It is a cool device! But when I attached my AVS to my GGTS and got it working the way I like it, I realized that this is it -- I have never been pleased as much as this by any combo. I'm not even vaping my favorite juice in it and it still satisfies me more than anythign else!

BIL

Mar 26, 2011
BKLYN
I just got my SSGGTS and I am loving it even though I have not been able to pick up an iatty or UFS here in the US. Until I can I am using it with regular old boge LR cartos and it rocks! I don't have a Provari but I have an Alpha Ultramax with RES that I was using for a long time until my GG showed up. It is a great PV and compared to my other mods it is my favorite. Simply put the GG just vapes way better....and it does not have any of the problems that the Ultramax has. The big plus with the ultramax is the Res is sort of a ceramic carto so you can use an atomizer and not have to fill up every few minutes. It works well, direct dripping with no dry hits, very clean flavors. Some of the problems are the air flow is not adjustable so you get a somewhat airy drag unless you use tape or something to plug some of the holes (this bothers me with some juices but not others.) You have to clean it regularly or the nickel finish actually gets in the way of taking a good hit, the slide button gets sticky. Flooded attys; it is quite easy to overfill, you would think you would get the hang of filling it overtime but the problem lies in the fact that you are filling the RES as well and there is really no way to tell how much liquid is in that thing. Get the GG, I am looking forward to getting a UFS but just with cartos I have not had a better vaping experience. I was on the fence in Dec. when COV had both the GGTS and UFS in stock and I went and spent a bunch of money on alot of sub par PVs. Don't get me started on dead Rvas, Roughstack buttons or the Sparkplug, ugh.

Rick.45cal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Lakeland Florida
Imeo has already said that he plans on making more. Just be patient, hang out here with the family with a new ssGGTS, and wait with the rest of us ;)

GG VV is going to revolutionize VV mods... it's worth waiting for... and user serviceable (or so I've heard)

Part of the waiting is knowing that Imeo's level of quality control is pretty much legendary, and all of his ideas are revolutionary. iAtty is absolutely brilliant. It's been well over a a month since I have had a dry or inconsistent hit. I change my coil Once a week. It costs me $.392 to make a new coil and brand new xc-116 wick. It seriously vapes as close to an analog as I think is possible, only with the thickest biggest clouds of vapor. Seriously the most amazing/ revolutionary thing in the vaping world hands down. Just my $.02.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread