• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The results of 30 day Monitor. Answer: Not e-cig blamed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Skokie
After the results of the 30 day heart monitor some time, it turns out all is to be blamed by the annoyance of our little friend Mr. Panic attack. I had X-rays, CT scan, EKG, and lastly echo heart machine? All came back negative. The only thing that came back as a concern was the high cholesterol to noted and taken care of due to the family history. Other than that, I'm a pretty healthy fellow. I only weigh 165 at my current 27yr old age. However, the cholesterol concern has been significantly reduced after a month and a half ago treatment. It went down from 380 to now at a comfortable 210. Yet, the panic attacks don't go away. I've been getting panic attacks at random times. Sometimes twice a month or once. I don't have too much stress but mostly little from work and some from family. No drugs, no alcohol, no depression or disorders mentally wise at all more or less. I'm a pretty laid back relaxed person who needs nothing in life but vape, my fellow lady, and to focus on life.

Panic attacks are not to be taken lightly however. I still need to finalize my personal cardiologist of a final test per say if their is a possible chance affecting anything related to the cardiovascular mechanics or my heart. He did mention at times it can be fast or slow. My pulse has improved due to the pravastatin sodium therapy. Even without it my pulse has been in the range of 70s and 80s. At rare times 90s. My whole life I have always had 80-90s due to the fact I'm a highly active person. He suggests to do a test related to bradycardia and tachycardia. If there are no issues, then I am golden.

I've been working out as usual twice or if not three times a week. Walking to work for 10 minutes even helps which is a good stress reliever getting some fresh air. Tai-chi especially really kicks a**. It helps big time as well as relaxing my muscles especially from strong cardiac work out.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Stress can be a killer and should be removed if at all possible. It doesn't sound like it's your problem though so hope they come up with the cause of the panic problems.

Exercise is great mentally and physically. Since the weather is good, I get in some almost daily. I do most in the water since I've got the first signs of knee problems.

Doc put me on a low dose statin not long ago and it seems to taking care of the problem.

Icey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Skokie
Well the problem is, I'm healthy. I work out just enough especially walking home from work as nearly a daily habit. I only weigh 160 atm. However, the cardiologist suspects SVT Supraventricular Tachycardia or an uncommon heart arrhythmia where the electrical pulse is sending improper heart signal rhythms. The only procedure to fix the issue is heart ablation. I've had abnormal heart rate numbers since highschool and I was very athletic since then. It was always odd seeing numbers 90s + at such a young age when instead it should be lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread