The Prodigy with a 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunz4hire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2009
Wakefield, NH
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with a prodigy or higher voltage device with a 510 atty. I'm debating whether or not to stay with my 801 or if I should also give the 510 a try with my new prodigy. I hear really good things about the 510, but after reading another post someone said the attys may get too hot. So any help on this would be great!

Gunz

youfillintheblank

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Yes, I have been using 510s with 6volts. I modified a 2 AA battery holder to take 2 rechargeable cr2 batts, with a small diode to limit the voltage and shock to the atomizer a bit.

It hits like a train! And yes, the atties do get hot, but if you're careful not to vape on it non stop you should be fine. I have not yet killed an atomizer with it, I have been using this setup for a month. I have a couple atties that are a bit clogged and old, but never have I blown one out. They might melt the end of the carts a bit but that's all.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with a prodigy or higher voltage device with a 510 atty. I'm debating whether or not to stay with my 801 or if I should also give the 510 a try with my new prodigy. I hear really good things about the 510, but after reading another post someone said the attys may get too hot. So any help on this would be great!

Gunz

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
I'll let you know in a day or 2. Tracking hasn't updated yet. ;)

Mom = Check the nice hand written note I wrote on your order when you get it ... Its an I O U for a 510 adapter :( I didn't just want to leave your order sitting any longer, so I shipped it without the 510 adapter ... good news is, we should have some in tomorrow, in which case I can send it out tomorrow/Wednesday!

Momof3

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Midwest, USA
Hmm, well sorry Gunz, guess it'll be probably next week as I leave town in a couple days. Steve's evicted my Prodigy from the his closet. Valuable real estate and all that. :lol:

That's okay Steve. I really appreciate it. I've been having battery and PT deaths en masse since Sunday so it works for me. And I don't have to bother Casey. You all are busy enough. Only have so many 510s because of my grandmother anyways. I'm looking forward to the 801 PD on my drive.

Is the 901 adapter in there? I guess I could take some 901 attys with 510 carts. She's got something against the whistle tips.

Since you were talking about selling separate switches, I held on to those 18650s. I figured worse case, I'd just use them with the other switch and the 510 attys if I didn't like the 510s at 5V. Just a matter of accessorizing. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread