The PERFECT Battery Pack Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
why use a mosfet when he could use a higher Amp switch? i dont think its a size thing... and why he says its not ok to use LRattys with his FP even at 4.3V? a fresh charged batt has 4.2V, right?
Time to start perusing the forums to understand what loaded volts are and how they affect the vape/watts. Scottbee has an excellent thread on voltages.

A large Li-ion battery will push a LR, 1.5Ω atty to about 9 watts, pulling about 2.5A.

A regulated 4.2V with be at 12 watts and pull about 2.8A. That 33% increase is probably just enough to overburden the rather fragile LR atties.

why use a mosfet when he could use a higher Amp switch? i dont think its a size thing.
It's not a size thing nor is it a cost thing. It's what Nuck feels is the best way to go. Me I'm with you. I prefer a decent large button switch of the proper amp rating.

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
Time to start perusing the forums to understand what loaded volts are and how they affect the vape/watts.
thats what i do all day (i have no life)!:blush:
so theres more to just use the ohm calculator! i couldn't find anything that gives me the max amp you can get from a batt.
:confused: thanks mr WB!

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
Don't assume that this is something Nuck just built and put up for sale. You are basically looking at a V3 version of a mod that has been used by many experienced vapers used to using high end mods. Folks who understand and have experience with what's available and how these devices should work. Also many have been able to build one using his exemplary guide. This is an extremely well tested rig, not something slapped together yesterday. As far as I can tell he is using Tenergy Li-Ions, not AW. Again he has specific reasons for using the Tenergy's, it's not a cost cutting move.

He has tried and changed many of the components you see, finally settling on the best available, not based solely on manufacturer spec sheets but real world use. This is not a mod made with whatever MadVapes has in stock.

Thanks for the info Willy, that makes me feel much better about the overall durability and build quality of the FP.

chev327fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Nowheresville, ME
Don't assume that this is something Nuck just built and put up for sale. You are basically looking at a V3 version of a mod that has been used by many experienced vapers used to using high end mods. Folks who understand and have experience with what's available and how these devices should work. Also many have been able to build one using his exemplary guide. This is an extremely well tested rig, not something slapped together yesterday. As far as I can tell he is using Tenergy Li-Ions, not AW. Again he has specific reasons for using the Tenergy's, it's not a cost cutting move.

He has tried and changed many of the components you see, finally settling on the best available, not based solely on manufacturer spec sheets but real world use. This is not a mod made with whatever MadVapes has in stock.

he wasn't trying to bad mouth it he was just pointing something out and stating an opinion on the Chinese batter pack Nuck uses.

EDIT: I used the Tekkeon for 48hours+ and it only got to the 65% LED light. I charged it after that because i don't want to let the batteries get down too far so I can say it would last at least 3 and a half days.

Last edited:

chev327fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Nowheresville, ME
The most I can get is 1.6A - 5.6 watts, 3.5v under load (5.3V - no load) These readings are locked in my meter at peak - all read simultaniously. Don't have a scope or recorder to be able to chart this thing from beginning to end of each vape but, needless to say; without modification, it underperforms for me. Planning on puting a regulator in to bypass the system board

BTW Park - I was born and raised in CS -- in the Valley below what was then Whitehouse Ranch (Now Rockledge Ranch) -- The Garden of the Gods was my Play Ground :toast: Growing up

PS.: That's with a 510 spot on 2.2 ohm atty.

I just wanted to let everyone know I tested my "Tekk Mod" for amperage and voltage under load and IT IS 5.3volts at 2amps and about 11watts... just wanted to clear this up, McGuyver you must have done something different then me because the least amperage I got under load was 1.9amps and that was with a different atty.

With a 901 atty ay 3ohms I was getting 1.8apms at 5.3volts and 9.3 watts.

Last edited:

traderdan

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
North Texas
chev327fox
Im still waiting to see a build if you are willing to show how you did yours .
I bought aTekkeon TekCharge MP1800 .
And really want to build a mod with it . I know your selling them do you think you could take pics of a selling build . Would prob promote sales . Ive built a unit that has two 18650's and a juice bottle works great for days without charging . But it doesnt have as sexy of a case as the Tekkeon case has. Will post pics if you want to see mine .
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread