USB mod with pneumatic switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

madog

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2008
Oregon - USA
Thanks madog. I always use a mini pipe cutter to cut the tubing.

Just clear coating it would be nice but I rather want it to look the same as the atomizer. And I hope painting it will somewhat disguise the joint in the middle (although it looks far worse on the pic than in real life).

DUH - Sometime the simplest is the easiest - I have been chucking them up in my lathe. You could paint it like mine - It will disguise anything.

madog-albums-pictures-picture81-mycig.jpg

Well - I could paint it like this - I did this in photoshop.

I feel BLACK is good - Kinda like Henery Ford.

jdrancor

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2008
reddingk.com
dablackanarch, there is no auto cutoff anymore with the mod. I can't speak for the 901 but the rn4081 works with no cutoff. I'm puffing strong since my 2nd mod on the 17th of november. I use it for about 4 hours a day very heavily, and off and on for the rest of the day. I'm careful to turn it upside down at night to avoid fluid accumulation in the switch, which I'm pretty sure is what kills it. Otherwise, going strong, no problems with the pneumatic switch. Easier than pressbutton, in my opinion.

jdrancor

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2008
reddingk.com
Allright, so I got a battery holder for 4 AA batteries, and attached it to my MintyBoost usb kit. It works GREAT! Smoke is just as plentiful as with the usb plugged into the computer. So now I'm fully mobile. It takes a 6v power source to get the cig going well.

So for my next trick, I think I'm goint to try using a 6v lithium rechargeable camera battery to run the usb instead of 4AAs. We'll see. Deal Xtreme, here i come!

Grumpysanta

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2008
Essex, England
Personally I wouldn't go above 4 AA batteries, I find 3 AA batteries is fine but 4 AA batteries makes the atomiser go very hot to to touch. My mod which is regarded as too elaborate by some people is working great with 4 AA's but I do worry a bit about how hot the atomiser is getting - well I vape possibly too often. I was going to put a 0.5 ohm resister in series but I'll see how it goes without it for the moment coz I love the amount of vaper and hit I'm getting out of the mod ATM.

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
Well, you have to know that atomizers are meant to run on 3.6 to 4.2V. So USB is actually too high already. Using 3 or 4 rechargeables would give you 3.6 and 4.8V which is both OK. I wouldn't go as far as using 6V though. That's overpowering your atomizer with 1.8V (43%) and could dramatically shorten its lifetime.

aaa

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2008
Budapest, Hungary
The PTC multifuse resistor I mentioned a hundred times before, would probably solve the 6V problem, too, as it has a current stabilizing effect on the long run. So, you could use the same modded device at 6V, with just a little more vapor produced, and still no burning of the filling material.

But never mind. It is too complicated to connect such a resistor in series with the atomiser. Forget about it. Really.

Last edited:

bluewolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2008
Michigan
The PTC multifuse resistor I mentioned a hundred times before, would probably solve the 6V problem, too, as it has a current stabilizing effect on the long run. So, you could use the same modded device at 6V, with just a little more vapor produced, and still no burning of the filling material.

But never mind. It is too complicated to connect such a resistor in series with the atomiser. Forget about it. Really.

:rolleyes:
MF-R050-2 PTC 40A 60V Fuse Resettable MFR Bourns (10) - eBay (item 120336655680 end time Dec-19-08 07:23:48 PST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread