The Leo from Vapin’ In the Cape: A Wonderful, Not Quite Perfect PV

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyx

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2009
Austin, TX
not sure where you all are getting your info stating that the Leo atomizers are sealed, but I've got two of them and they most definitely are *not* sealed. to be clear: i haven't had any juice make it down into the actual battery, but there's been juice build-up all over the coupling every time i've taken the atomizers off. when cleaning, as well, juice will pour straight through these things. again though, both batteries still work superbly, neither has been ruined by juice getting down into the battery itself.. but do be careful, everyone, these atomizer are by no means as sealed as everybody seems to think.

otherwise: right on, Don, thanks for the review. wouldn't have gotten these without having seen this thread, and they've been a joy to use thus far--the perfect complement to a HV or LR setup.. that is, when I want smooth and tasty rather than throat hit, the Leo's what I grab. I'd recommend it in a heartbeat to anyone who's a fan of penstyles. all the best.

Last edited:

rhsmitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
St. Louis
I just received mine today and quickly dripped into it. I like it. Lots of vapor, very smooth draw and nice flavor. I use a Mega Ego and a Rough Stack with extension tube with EM LR Atty. I like the Leo at least as much as the others and just maybe a little more. I think it has more Vapor than the Mega Ego. I have a different Flavor in the eGo so I can't compare the Flavor well but I'm thinking the Leo has a sight edge on the flavor. It's got at least as much vapor as a LR 510 with a fresh 18650 battery and maybe a little better. Just took another hit and the vapor is tremendous! I'm liking it. I like to switch thinks up so and this will be in the rotation for sure!

PS - I got mine from Vaping in the Cape and it came with a nice hard hinged case. Only 2 carts but the case is worth the 3 less carts. I mostly drip anyway. I did 6 drops initially with no flooding and have been doing 4 on the top offs. I'm betting I could do 6 drops per drip. I can only do 2-3 on the LR510.

Last edited:

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Debb, I'm so sorry to hear that.:( Looks like you got a proverbial lemon. Check with your supplier to see if it is covered by any kind or warranty.

Otherwise, be assured that most Leo batts (e.g., mine) are still going strong after two months ... and I use mine almost constantly. I just started on my fourth atomizer today (none have died, just diminished in performance), but not my one and only batt. Here in the U.S., I believe that BreezEsmokes (three different colors) has the lowest price on Leo batts ($19), but LiteCigUSA (three colors) and Vapor Junction (PT version, only in black) are only one dollar more ... and LiteCig's shipping costs are only two bucks.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
Debb, I'm so sorry to hear that.:( Looks like you got a proverbial lemon. Check with your supplier to see if it is covered by any kind or warranty.

Otherwise, be assured that most Leo batts (e.g., mine) are still going strong after two months ... and I use mine almost constantly. I just started on my fourth atomizer today (none have died, just diminished in performance), but not my one and only batt. Here in the U.S., I believe that BreezEsmokes (three different colors) has the lowest price on Leo batts ($19), but LiteCigUSA (three colors) and Vapor Junction (PT version, only in black) are only one dollar more ... and LiteCig's shipping costs are only two bucks.

Don, I did a cleaning on a couple of my Leo atties only I did an alcohol soak for a few hours first. Then I rinsed well with hot running water until the alcohol smell was completely gone. I then blew them out with an air compressor and primed them with a few drops before vaping. WOW... really nice throat hit is back. I recommend this for those who's atomizers diminish in vapor, flavor or those atomizers that become hard to draw air through. The alcohol soak really cleaned up the gunk inside well.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Hey, Thom, how you choose to spend your time is up to you. I ain't wealthy (by any means), but I'll spend ten bucks every three weeks to avoid: "an alcohol soak for a few hours first. Then I rinsed well with hot running water until the alcohol smell was completely gone. I then blew them out with an air compressor and primed them with a few drops before vaping."

Different (Leo-related) topic: When will someone make adapters available for the Leo atty?! I'm getting the Infinity in a few days. I so much would like to use a Leo atty on it.:(

Cheeseburgermonger

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
USA
I am rather unimpressed by the Leo, after having it for a little over two weeks. It leaks like a bloody sieve. I can only put two drops in when dripping, I only get a few puffs, and then I am welcomed by a nice dry-atty-burnt-metal taste. Sure, I could just put two more drops in, which i do, but then it leaks right out the bottom and fills up that well where the atty connects to the battery. Of course, then I'm twisting tissues and trying to dab up sticky gobs of my e-juice, thinking the whole time that I could have been vaping that. I have to clean the connection about once every ten minutes. Sure, that first puff after drippin' in two drops is great and flavourful, but it's not worth the aggravation of draining the lake. It gurgles like pneumonia-ridden lungs.

The cartridges do not wick well, and even on a refill, they taste like melting plastic. Of course, polyfill IS plastic, so....

In retrospect, I wish I had never purchased this infernal device. My annoying little 808 was enough frustration, but at least it was paid for.

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
I first tried vaping quite a long time ago and the 808 was just too much of a hassle. Then I came here and ordered an eGO. This now collects dust because of the Leo.

Long story short, I think it is being held to higher standards. If everything "wicked" right or long enough, nobody would drip. There would be no Ego-Tank system or GG AFS or tons of other mods trying to address that issue.

I had one Leo atty go and madvapes replaced it without me having to send the old one back. I got a new PT/sealed bat from Jackal which is just fine and I am using it as I type. The original batteries I have are still going strong after a month of heavy use. Actually, they are the only batts that last as long as is claimed on a daily basis.

Ultimately I think the future is at 5v+ but many things need to be improved in the world of vaping and the Leo is getting there.

Just my experience thus far and .02

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
So sorry to hear of your negative experience, Olde One! It is so different from mine. If I were to write that review today ... it would be even more glowing.

Unlike the VGO-801 (which I received shortly after the Leo), my Leo atomizers (four so far, from three different suppliers) have not leaked ... take 4 drops ... and do not have dry-atty-burnt-metal taste. You must have received a lemon atty.

If you have enjoyed those "few puffs" and like the look and feel (other than the leaking) of the Leo, I recommend that you try another Leo atomizer. LiteCigUSA (black chrome) and Vapor Junction (gold) currently have the best price: $10. LiteCig has the lower shipping cost, but Vapor Junction has a 3 month warranty (very unusual on atomizers).

BTW, the best bang for the buck on a Leo kit is Vapin' in the Cape's: $50 for a kit including PT-capable battery and hard shell carrying case (sold elsewhere separately for $13).

Last edited:

GiMante

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
So Cal
www.VaperSociety.com
Hey, Thom, how you choose to spend your time is up to you. I ain't wealthy (by any means), but I'll spend ten bucks every three weeks to avoid: "an alcohol soak for a few hours first. Then I rinsed well with hot running water until the alcohol smell was completely gone. I then blew them out with an air compressor and primed them with a few drops before vaping."

Different (Leo-related) topic: When will someone make adapters available for the Leo atty?! I'm getting the Infinity in a few days. I so much would like to use a Leo atty on it.:(

Oh, Don....you are going to love the Infinity! I"ve had mine a couple of days now and it is just awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread