Status
Not open for further replies.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Wow! An in with Boge! You're the man! [However, you never answered "The Big Question" at the end of my review.;)]

Tell them I want an LR version of their wonderful atty, say about 2.0 ohms.

And see the other "imperfections" that I noted in my review (most of them echoed by hifistud). They can keep the bling for the girls; I really don't care one way or the other. And, as long as the atty is sealed, then I guess it doesn't matter about the batt being sealed.

Now thats what I call a review, THANKS
I was seriously about to purchase one due to its unique style. However an unsealed battery is an additional drawback for me. The original is their atty $12, maybe $10 each. Unfortunately i am one of those people who have a tendency to burn up attys. (lack of vaping ability I guess) I also drip and even with the atty being sealed i can just see me blowing those out. Anyway, thanks, great review

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
As always, DDBV's review is told in his own one-of-a-kind language of sharpened, if quirky irreverance; a DIY experiment gone rogue when Essence of Walter Cronkite, Hugh Hefner and Carrot Top was mingled amid 48mg nicotine base, then vaped through a 12" long, solid gold drip tip: Image is at once everything, yet nothing--so let's relax, people; here's the skinny on the Leo. Any words you don't know, look 'em up. Pardon, if you will, the bathrobe, rubber chicken and whoopee cushion.

I'd never have gotten through all six volumes of The Wonderful World of Vaping without the complete package--nor, in all probability, have become a vaper.

I have only this to say about the Leo: if the LED lens is anything near as tacky in the flesh as it appears in the photos, that's a show-stopper. Looks like Boge must get their components at the 99¢ store while browsing the costume jewelry aisle. Can't you just see a Times Square ...... with one of these, fumbling among the glow-in-the-dark condoms in her absurdly tiny, leopard-print purse for her piña colada ejuice?

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I love that twisted tribute, PI! [It is a tribute rather than a bash, right?] Thank you!

BTW, "Any words you don't know, look 'em up." is exactly my attitude. There are many people with a greater command of the English language than I. I admire and attempt to emulate them (up to the point where my quirks get the better of me). And I encourage others to do likewise.

As for the Leo's button: It is a smooth texture, firm plastic, and larger than the eGO's (or my Elegant's), which my thumb feels very comfortable pressing. The translucent gray blends right in with the brushed gold body of my unit, lighting up a pleasant shade of blue. I have no feelings, pro or con, about its almost unique shape (shared with the Hello 016).

Or were you referring to those crystal endcaps? They're not LEDs. Their amber color blends well with the rest of the PV. They don't bother me; as I said, I just think they're silly and I'm glad mine aren't pink. . I really does seem to be a gender issue: most guys are not crazy about them and most gals are.

As long as only Boge make atties/cartos for it, battery sealing probably isn't mega important. BUT... the minute someone else comes out with a carto/atty, then it may well be vital.
Good point, Dave! And I hope that other carto/atty manufacturers take note. Personally, I just want an LR version of this special Leo battery or an adapter to use it on a mod (e.g., variable voltage). I really don't care that much about all the other "imperfections." I just wish it hit harder (at least sometimes).

Last edited:

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Wow! That means a lot coming from you. Thanks, Petbe!

Those American companies that are selling bottom filled mod boxes will have to shake a leg if they expect to compete. The liquid bottle looks like it is activated by a push button on the top. Mad Vapes was on the right track but too slow.
Sorry, BH ... I don't know what you are talking about. What liquid bottle? And what do juice-fed mods have to do with the Leo?

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I've just learned that BreezeSmokes (an ECF registered supplier) now carries the Leo: $46 kit, $13 atomizers, and $19 batteries. So, the kits and batteries are less expensive than most of the others and it is one of the only two U.S. suppliers thus far to carry Leo batts.

BTW, Don (butterbean03), the proprietor, tells me that he will be carrying the 900 mAh JSB (Jieshibao) VGO-801. I (and I believe he) know very little about it at this point, but this photo tells me that it uses a conemizer ala Hello 016. Whether it also will work with other penstyle attys remains to be seen.

VGO-801diagram.jpg

I'll keep you posted as I learn more ... and you folks do likewise. OK?

Last edited:

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I think Scott is giddy. He tells me that his Leos are selling, but he wants to celebrate the fact he can now accept credit card transactions. So - for one day only (and while supplies last) - he is taking an additional $5 off his starter kits (on top of the $10 off Black Friday to Dec. 15th sale). See this post for details.

I must sound like some kind of shill. I swear that I am not. I got my free Leo, for which I wrote an honest review ... and that's it. No more goodies for DaBoom from VITC. :(*

But, if you read the review, you know that I like the Leo and people need to know about this short-term boon.

* Only teasing about the sad face: I got Leo. I got e-juice. Now I'm vaping. Who could ask for anything more?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread