Status
Not open for further replies.

The.Drifter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2013
Virginia
Update on my sigelei Legend...

After spending some time with this mod, I really like it. Been switching a lot between 350 and 650 mode, love the look in both modes ;)

I polished up my Russian 91 to match the finish of the Legend. Im totally loving this new gear setup :)

oobr9ftkimogf5b6g.jpg

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I wonder if Varitube is going to offer the stainless zmax mini's?????? Just wondering...I may need to find a little brother. :laugh:

We did have all the mini's at one point and stainless were by far the most popular. But with the Flat Top V3 Telescope its identical to the mini when collapsed to 350 mode....so it doesn't make sense to carry both :)

I myself run everything in mini mode and just always have batteries available. In the V3 Tele I run 18490s and wish we had an extension cap for the Legend.

Great to hear the updates guys!

jffvera

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
New York
I got my Sigelei Legend today! I ordered from Varitube on black friday to take advantage of the insane deal they had going. The shipping was lighting quick, I ordered it Friday night and it made it's way to my temporary home in Colorado this afternoon. I haven't used it that much yet, but I immediately noticed, and was pleasantly surprised, by the thickness of the materials. The threading on the tubes is immaculate, and the mod itself is well sized in 18650 mode and downright tiny and perfectly portable in 18350 mode.

The only potential problem I can see with it is the threading on the top cap, it seems sort of chunky, which is really surprising given how smooth the threads are where the head unit connects to the batter tubes, the threading on the tubes and the battery cap.

One question, is there supposed to be any sort of delrin or similar insulation underneath the spring of the batter cap, or does it just sit directly on the metal cap?

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I got my Sigelei Legend today! I ordered from Varitube on black friday to take advantage of the insane deal they had going. The shipping was lighting quick, I ordered it Friday night and it made it's way to my temporary home in Colorado this afternoon. I haven't used it that much yet, but I immediately noticed, and was pleasantly surprised, by the thickness of the materials. The threading on the tubes is immaculate, and the mod itself is well sized in 18650 mode and downright tiny and perfectly portable in 18350 mode.

The only potential problem I can see with it is the threading on the top cap, it seems sort of chunky, which is really surprising given how smooth the threads are where the head unit connects to the batter tubes, the threading on the tubes and the battery cap.

One question, is there supposed to be any sort of delrin or similar insulation underneath the spring of the batter cap, or does it just sit directly on the metal cap?

I thought they were super quick too and I am new to all this and had many questions and they were answered just as quick and he didn't make me feel bad for asking. I love that. That is what really made me buy from him instead of FT or other places. Vendors need to know how to make people feel special and Varitube does just that.

To answer your questions, mine has the spring only and nothing else. I just bet that is the way it is suppose to be. I am going to have to get some 18350 and try mine that way. I love the look of the picture in a previous post. You will have to get a pic of yours on here. Seems like we like showing our babies. heehee Maybe it is a good idea to put some kind of silicone grease or even chapstick because that is petroleum. But find out for sure what to use. I would put money on Onedesign1 to jump in and answer all our questions. :)

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hey guys...The spring should sit in the cap as you see it...its part of the circuit. The entire body of the mod can be considered 'negative' and so the neg end of the battery needs to make connection to the tube.....this is accomplished through the spring and the cap.

If you want to lube threads Noalox is a good product....Lowes and HD carry it in the electrical section. We use it on all the telescope mod threads

Thanks for support guys!!!

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
$48 for a Sigelei Legend? wow. Let me know when you run that sale again.
Big thumbs up to Perry and VariTube. Solid pricing on their mods and excellent customer service. This is where I bought my Z-Max V2.

Thanks JohnQ....hit me up through the site when you get a chance...

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
As soon as you place an order with Varitube........you might as well start walking to the mailbox. The fastest shipping I have ever seen. Thank you so much for everything. Love the 18350 compact mode too. I'm the kind that has to have a backup for everything. I'm gonna be looking for some Christmas sales because I need to build my little Sigelei family here. I passed on a co-op for a zmax mini and one of the reasons was so I could buy from you. Now that is loyalty that only comes from exceptional customer service. Thank you.

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
As soon as you place an order with Varitube........you might as well start walking to the mailbox. The fastest shipping I have ever seen. Thank you so much for everything. Love the 18350 compact mode too. I'm the kind that has to have a backup for everything. I'm gonna be looking for some Christmas sales because I need to build my little Sigelei family here. I passed on a co-op for a zmax mini and one of the reasons was so I could buy from you. Now that is loyalty that only comes from exceptional customer service. Thank you.

Now that is loyalty! Been out of town for a few days so slow response here. Let me know when you're ready!

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
They had it on sale Thanksgiving, so maybe they will for Christmas too. I'm watching that site like a hawk. heehee I absolutely love e Legend. I've had it a little over a month. Really good quality. Keep a check on this thread also because they may post some specials here.

Well I'm not sure we'll ever see that same sale again .... that was rather insane for what will likely end up being the best mod on the market ... but do not forget the coupon code varitube10 for a nice discount on anything in the store as well as total order!

We also do sell a very reasonable battery/charger kit to make it a kit Battery/Charger Kit for Mods

Happy Holidays!!!

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Does anyone know if the Sony VTC4's will fit in the legend. I have some coming for my mech and was hoping to use them in my legend as well. I bought them on a whim, I am not sure if they are protected or not.

We don't carry them but from what I gather they are IMR with no protection and the one spec I saw showed 18.2mm diameter so it should fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread