The Lambo-style 18650 VV mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnydotexe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Springfield, MO
I'm finally ready to jump in to a VV 18650 mod after using my Reo mini for almost two years. The problem is that there are so many to choose from and I don't know which one to get.

I've narrowed my search down to two models. The VAMO and the Lambo. Both have their pros and cons but the Lambo seems like the better bargain and the reviews on it seem better than they do on the Vamo.

I was going to get the empiremods version of the Lambo because it came in black but they're sold out. I then came across myvaporstore's Lambo v4.0 which is the same price but in chrome only. The problem here is that they say to only use flat-top 18650s(I only own button-top) and that the vivi nova tanks need to be loosened to allow airflow, probably due to the 510 connector on the mod being flush with the top.

Does the latest revision of the Lambo still have the flush 510 connector and do they still only accept flat-top batteries? I'm seeing reports of people using button-tops and vivi novas on these things just fine but I want to be sure before I place my order.

Does anyone else sell the latest revision of the Lambo in a color other than chrome for around the same price? Empire had them in chrome and black chrome, MVS only has them in chrome, vapoligy has them in a black rubberized type of coating but they're more costly.

I'm seeing that it has a recommended resistance range of 2.7ohm-4.0ohm and that on lower resistance gear it will automatically step down voltage to avoid damage. I normally vape 3.7v @ 1.5ohm but will be using a vivi nova kit(3.5ml , 3head). Will I be able to obtain the same wattage I have with my reo?

Last edited:

gumchewer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
south Jersey-in the woods
Wow.
I can tell you that I own a Lambo from MVS. MVS is great , but...
It's in MHO, very heavy and I don't take it out of the house much.
Makes a heck of a racket if you drop it.
I cant imagine the Vamo being a lot different.
In my particular case, Flat tops only. All the button tops I own are too long.
With a big collection of various mods, I'm not a fan of the heavy stainless steel mods.
YMMV
That'll be enough to get them started talking.

johnnydotexe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Springfield, MO
I'm use to the big 18650 mods as I own a few and don't mind the size/weight at all. I'm mainly concerned about it being able to accept my TF/UF button-tops and vivi nova tank.

A friend linked me to this version of the lambo in the latest revision. He bought one at their store location and loves it. His batteries look like button-tops and he uses a vivi nova with no issues. Linky.

It's about $10 more than the other places but it has a rubberized black coating which I would like a lot more than smooth chrome.

ETA: He also stated that everyone there at the store runs that mod + vivi nova tanks with no issues so I guess that solves that mystery. Still not sure if my UF/TF batteries will fit in it though.

johnnydotexe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Springfield, MO
He's using button-top batteries in his Wraith v4.1 but they may be safe-chemistry/non-protected which means they'll be 2-4mm shorter than my TF/UF 18650s. If mine are too big then I just won't be able to thread the cap closed all the way which is fine until I order a pair of IMRs.

Him and everyone at that store he bought the mod from are using the 3.5ml vivi nova tanks without any airflow issues so I should be good to go on that. He took some close-up photos of the top of that mod and if need be I can dremel a few notches in the rim of that top for more airflow on bigger stuff like the VN.

Another guy I spoke with has both the vamo and the lambo and he gave me reviews on both, making it clear that he liked the lambo much more.

After some more searching I'm concluding that the Wraith = Lavatube = lambo, and that the v4.1 should be the latest revision. I went ahead and made the purchase so I'm pretty excited to give this thing a try. I won't be abandoning my Reo, though. That'll still be my at-home device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread