Vivi Nova airflow problem fix for L-Rider Lambo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently purchased a L Rider Lambo, the chrome version of the Lavatube. When I tried using my Vivi Nova on the Lambo there was no airflow and no draw. I searched the forums and the solutions like blocking the hole in the Vivi base and tweaking the spring post of the Lambo didn't work. I found the fix to be very easy: take a pair of tweezer tipped pliers and ever so gently squeeze the battery connector on the base of the Vivi Nova together. The hole becomes smaller and the center post of the Lambo can't block the airflow anymore. Hope it also works for you guys.

mapo

Oct 20, 2012
Tacoma, Washington
you can buy a ego sleeve that threads down between the 510 fitting and top cap of your lambo and act like a washer with slots on top for air flow works good and doesn't fall out when tank is removed. you also could take a tinny triangle file and make small slots in your top cap so air can flow between tank and top cap that's where the air flow problem is.

St0RM53

Moved On
Oct 21, 2012
UK
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Moved On

Dauyd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2011
Wisconsin
you can buy a ego sleeve that threads down between the 510 fitting and top cap of your lambo and act like a washer with slots on top for air flow works good and doesn't fall out when tank is removed. you also could take a tinny triangle file and make small slots in your top cap so air can flow between tank and top cap that's where the air flow problem is.

Actually, that isn't the air flow problem.

The skinny little pin on the lambo plugs the airway on vivi Novas because the hole is a tad larger than normal. Filing slots in the top cap will do nothing for that problem. I can unscrew my vivi far enough to be able to see the hole on the side of the 510 on the vivi and STILL not be able to draw air.

The sleeve that you mention will work, but not for the reason you think. It makes it so you can only screw the tank on so far, raising the tank a bit and not letting the pin plug the hole.

I actually use the sleeve method myself- but even with the sleeve, I have to keep the sleeve unscrewed slightly to keep the tank raised enough for the air to flow.

mapo

Oct 20, 2012
Tacoma, Washington
Actually, that isn't the air flow problem.

The skinny little pin on the lambo plugs the airway on vivi Novas because the hole is a tad larger than normal. Filing slots in the top cap will do nothing for that problem. I can unscrew my vivi far enough to be able to see the hole on the side of the 510 on the vivi and STILL not be able to draw air.

The sleeve that you mention will work, but not for the reason you think. It makes it so you can only screw the tank on so far, raising the tank a bit and not letting the pin plug the hole.

I actually use the sleeve method myself- but even with the sleeve, I have to keep the sleeve unscrewed slightly to keep the tank raised enough for the air to flow.
i have the lavatube and that's the problem i had when my spring loaded center pin got stuck one of the replacements was dented at the top of the cap and was able to let air flow by. The pins must be slightly different. sorry hope you find a fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread