Status
Not open for further replies.

mariahpoo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oroville
I am a huge and I mean HUGE Tolkien fan. With that said I really really loved the LOTR movies. They are up there in my favorite movies of all time. SO Of course it feels like I have been waiting forever and a day to see The Hobbit movie! I bought husband and I advance tickets for the 1st showing ever, the midnight showing. I went by at about 4:30 to see the line had already started! So I went and got my husband And I packed up all our vaping gear and we headed to wait. 7 hours we would be waiting in line. To my surprise they had moved the line inside. We did not ask if we could vape... but I figured if there policy was against it they would let us know, we would stop, no harm no foul. Well we vaped and vaped and never even got a crooked glance. I even vaped during the movie. Kept it polite and had 0 issues. Over all we had a wicked fun time! The movie more then met my expectations. In fact in my humble opinion it was the best movie of all time. I love our local theater! Oh and yes I will be going back to see the Hobbit at least 3 more times in the theater. :) And vape it up I will.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
I figured if there policy was against it they would let us know, we would stop, no harm no foul. Well we vaped and vaped and never even got a crooked glance. I even vaped during the movie. Kept it polite and had 0 issues.
Congratulations !!

You'all have heard me say over and over I openly vape in public EVERYWHERE
and NO ONE has Ever hassled me (period)

mariahpoo ... clearly points out if ya do NOT act as if you are doing anything wrong
and you are not concerned what strangers might think ... The public will not be alarmed
or even focus on you.

My secret for not drawing negative looks and comments ...
Act "normal" don't be constantly look around making eye contact with strangers.
No one does that ... Well, shoplifters do.

Go about your business in public as if you are just chewing gum.

For those who are "super sensitive" about what strangers (the easily offended) might think...
Don't vape openly in public !! ... Its OK.
:p

Last edited:

mariahpoo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oroville
Congratulations !!

You'all have heard me say over and over I openly vape in public EVERYWHERE
and NO ONE has Ever hassled me (period)

mariahpoo ... clearly points out if ya do NOT act as if you are doing anything wrong
and you are not concerned what strangers might think ... The public will not be alarmed
or even focus on you.

My secret for not drawing negative looks and comments ...
Act "normal" don't be constantly look around making eye contact with strangers.
No one does that ... Well, shoplifters do.

Go about your business in public as if you are just chewing gum.

For those who are "super sensitive" about what strangers (the easily offended) might think...
Don't vape openly in public !! ... Its OK.
:p

Yes. Exactly. There is always this debate about it looking like smoking or looking like doing something even worse. I figure, that if I just vape naturally and there is a problem someone will ask me to stop. At which point I will. You can always have an honest conversation with the person to inform them of what you are doing without getting agitated or acting defensive. And if they still do not think its a good idea, hey, that's fine too. I mean there are a lot of stores that do not let you have food and beverage inside. I don't see it like I have a right to vape anywhere I want. If I am a patron in a business I have to conduct myself by the rules that they set while I am in their place of business. Also being confident, relaxed and polite is the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread