The GLV-2 from GreatLakesVapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
First off, I seldom do reviews. I am definatly not photogenic like Grimm Green or BigIceDog so I don't do video reviews. I am not rich either,thus I have only purchased 3 mods since I started vaping in early 2009.The Prodigy V1 has been my main vape since I purchased it way back when........Until Now!

I really,really wanted to buy the GLV-1 when I first saw it,but was always concerned that if I dropped it(I have dropped my Prodigy several times),I would break the atomizer weld connection on the top cap. I did like the look of the unit itself,and it was built by a local supplier.

The GLV I purchased is the 5v w/resistor.....It is also available in a 3.7/6v option(without resistor)and the 3.7v Mini. Another fantastic feature is that the head caps are interchangable.

The Unit: The new head cap is one solid piece of polished aluminum(which can be color powder coated if need be).I could drop it a thousand times and would not have to worry about the same problem.The atomizer connection itself is a 510(which comes with an adapter if you choose the 801 or 901 model),and is replaceable if the threads ever wear down or become stripped(nice feature!).The head cap also Sports the GLV logo.

The button/switch in the head cap is what really sold me on this device. It is a round military grade button that is known for providing(I think Jay said 1,000,000 clicks or something..LOL)long life. I happen to enjoy the "Clicking"sound it makes when I push it. This is one rugged switch/button folks. The switch is located at the top of the head cap and is thumb activated....although I have tried it with my index finger also...thumb seems like a better fit.

The tube is high grade aluminum also and can be powder coated to color preference,and there are many colors to choose from. Etching is also available up to(Don't quote me here)7 characters for personalization.

The bottom battery cap is spring loaded and comes of and screws on easily,and can also be powder coated.It is also vented for protection.

Performance: This Mod is a Vapor Monster.This is without question the best 5v I have tried.I noticed the difference in power from my Prodigy V1 from the get-go. I have tried all three atomizer types I own 510,801 and 901 and have noticed vapor production and throat hit have improved with all three. I personally prefer the 801(penstyle)with this unit.

I had been using Tenergy RCR123A 3.0v with the Prodigy but they seem to work best when fully charged. I would recommend that anyone purchasing this device invest in AW ICR 123 3.7v batteries for the ultimate vaping experience. These are protected batteries and the charge(so far)lasts all day for me,and I am a heavy vaper.Tenergys are cheaper but do not bring the Mod to its full potential.It's worth the extra cost for the better batts IMO.

Overall: This is a terrific and extremely solid mod....very rugged and sturdy with some weight to it...but not too heavy. With the new dawn of Variable Voltage Mods and Chucks this keeps pace with the competition. If your looking for a well built mod and consistant vaping performance the GLV-2 is for you!

:)The Wiz!

Last edited:

whiskey

Moved On
Jan 13, 2010
So glad to hear someone review these new Glv-2's..I too almost bought the Glv1 but held back until they were around awhile to gauge what people were saying about them..then they redesigned the pv even better.As I went back & forth with Jay about the Glv-2 Mini..I went ahead & got it after I saw that you could get 3.6vt also as I think 5/6vt is too much for me. Also love the interchangable parts. Great review Wiz...Can't wait to try mine:cool:

Last edited:

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
....great review Wiz! :D I better watch out, you'll have me wanting to order yet MORE GLVs! :p

Floyd -- Jay made extra stock in his current batch so unless you want personalized etching, it probably wouldn't take very long; I'm guessing maybe a week, especially if he already had one in your preferred color finished and available. He could answer that better in his subforum tho, don't know if anything's changed since last I saw on timing.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Nice review Wiz

FWIW...I can't recall the last time I watched a video review.

Written reviews are way more detailed and informative IMO.
Thanks Firhill! I agree on written reviews......Although I have always enjoyed video reviews from Grimm Green,Spikey,BigIceDog and a few others.

It's really easy to write a review when you really enjoy the product. Until the GLV-3 comes out I am completly satisfied.

:)The Wiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread