Status
Not open for further replies.

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
My friend David once said.....Lying is a serious character flaw....

I got an Escape down in the shop for a repeat customer whom I'd classify as accident prone...He hit a deer...I drove 15 miles one way too check out the car the night he hit the deer. While there he said the battery light was on and hadn't been prior...The battery was no where near the light damage done too the car...Anti-freeze had gotten on the alternator....He was more than willing too let me return too the shop and bring back my diagnostic tools...30 miles......so 45......Alternator is fine and the battery checks out too....Mind you the car was recently running...I neglected too check the battery under load as I mainly needed too determine if the alternator had been shorted out prior too the adjuster looking at the car...This morning it drug before starting and had lost 1/4 a volt resting...I test under load and heck yeah 6 volts...then I see a sticker on the battery...purchased in July 2007.....I wish I could get a battery too last this long !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was sitting in the car when I tested for load....Now for the icing....I spy a piece of paper tucked under the visor....CCA is visible...in my world that's cold cranking amps...battery lingo....I pull it down and the dude had been pricing batteries...The low voltage under load tells the computer too illuminate the battery light...Now at this point I got a couple of hours and dollars lost to this lie....I ain't real happy 'bout that....Still at the end of the day he is accident prone and a multi time repeat customer...and a lyin sumbeech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can someone call the karma po leese ?????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread