The ego twists/spinners are so popular now and for good reason. But if you drop it and the button dislodges, just do this. Or hell, do it for a better

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkmader

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2012
Minnesota
I've had my 900 mah twister and 1300 spinner from different companies drop on me thanks to my computer desk not level and it dropped down to the floor before I could catch it and wow, even with carpet, both did the exact same thing. The fire button is loose and with my 900 mah it was in such a place I could fire it but had to use my finger nail at a slant to fire it but the 1300 there was no way I could wiggle it to get the button to lite at all.

I've read many of people here talk about it and show pictures of the exact same thing. There is a great easy fix, and it's actually way better than the actual button, so much so, that if I got another twister or the like (won't do as I'm hitting my tracking # like a .... for my vamo to arrive) that I would actually take it apart and do this quick little mod.

I can't take full credit, as somebody posted this many months ago. I know it wasn't on ECF but some blog but it works great. I tried to fix the 1300 mah and put the button back in it as it was brand new and was ...... that it broke within a week, but if you pull it out too far the wires gets separated and it's game over. I don't have soldering gun and said F it and threw it in the garbage, but now I modded the 900 better than ever.

So if this happens to you, just put in a tank or carto on the ego battery. Now gently rock it back and forth and then you will take it apart, depending on how it's slanted the button will probably fall out. At this point, you can decide to put that button back and try to have it how it was as you bought it, but it's trial and error, maybe if you have some small tweezers you can try it again, but you will notice there are wires there too, and you will go back and forth many of times, well I tried that with the 1300 and eventually the wire got jacked and it was junk.

So here is what you do: just throw away the button, and just improvise. No need to fiddle the button until it works, which may kill the setup with the fragile wires. Just put it back in place lined up, take a pencil eraser but #2 ONLY. Bad joke, when I went to school they said that, but were there #9 pencils and did the # system go up to like #27? Aren't they all the same? They scored the tests by our teacher doing it at the school or at their home manually, no such thing as computers back then, so why would it matter?. Rant over, then just take the eraser off of it, and just tweak it until wow, like I said, better than the actual button. It's actually now easier to hit as the button is sticking out of the device. Start big then shave it off until it's perfect and doesn't stick while firing or anything like that.

You won't pick up chicks doing this setup, but if you have a broken button or want literally a better fire button this is the way to go. Just make sure when you gently rock it you don't mess your wires, take your time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread