Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
SI were the first to sell the so called "sealed" 808 batteries. But, they were not the only ones to have access to them. Leaford from Bloog refused to adopt the sealed batteries when they first became available because, in his opinion, the quality was not up to their standards at the time. Now, they have improved and they carry them.

Nope. Imagine has specifically said SI were the first to do the connection. Bloog may have been offered them after that, but SI were the first to have them made. I'm not putting down Bloog - I'm just saying SI are not just rebranding stuff - they have stuff made, with the exception of the CE3s, and a few blingy extras. Even the Volt carto cases are their mold. The general gist is in the link Works4for me posted. I'll find it.

Here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/smokeless-image/354945-any-t3-update-2.html#post7918207

We buy nothing but the little clear carto case boxes from kanger ....oddly even though we own that mold....they just quoted us a cheaper price for it....nothing else we sell comes from kanger.

As far as our factory that produces all of our batteries and electronics....that info in confidential.

the only items we out source other then that are the material cases and some other accessories....

and lastly the CE3's come generic from another factory.

Last edited:

TTK

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Johnson City, TN
It is not uncommon for some of the best ecig brands to do their own research and then contract with china factory to build it. The problem is that once the design is out and being built in China, it seems to spread from factory to factory and the company that did the work to improve a product sees the same product being sold by other companies and of course under a different brand name. This is not unique to the ecig industry.

TTK

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Johnson City, TN
Nope. Imagine has specifically said SI were the first to do the connection. Bloog may have been offered them after that, but SI were the first to have them made. I'm not putting down Bloog - I'm just saying SI are not just rebranding stuff - they have stuff made, with the exception of the CE3s, and a few blingy extras. Even the Volt carto cases are their mold. The general gist is in the link Works4for me posted. I'll find it.

Here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/smokeless-image/354945-any-t3-update-2.html#post7918207

Well, you can choose to believe Imagine and I can choose to believe Leaford, and the world can continue to spin on its axis.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Well, you can choose to believe Imagine and I can choose to believe Leaford, and the world can continue to spin on its axis.

Well I don't see how he was "offered" something if it didn't exist to start with. :D So I believe SI on this one.
And they did their QC homework with them too.

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
It is not uncommon for some of the best ecig brands to do their own research and then contract with china factory to build it. The problem is that once the design is out and being built in China, it seems to spread from factory to factory and the company that did the work to improve a product sees the same product being sold by other companies and of course under a different brand name. This is not unique to the ecig industry.

Sure, that happens. But that's not what SI are doing - except, by their own admission, some of the accessories (bling stuff) are. And the CE3s are outsourced from some generic source.

Last edited:

TTK

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Johnson City, TN
The guy/owner from Totally Wicked, I believe, make a lot of trips to China factories. There are a lot of videos of his trips.

Edit: Totally Wicked now makes all of their Platinum and Titanium Ice in England/Ireland/Scotland. And of course it is very expensive. They are also manufacturing their own ecig, designed and completely manufactured at their own plant in England.

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
The guy/owner from Totally Wicked, I believe, make a lot of trips to China factories. There are a lot of videos of his trips.

He may have. Did he develop TW products? Asking seriously, as I haven't seen his vids. The V4L guy stayed there for months working on development and QC for Bloog.
I haven't asked if SI go over - I know they have a lot of communication with the factory in China. Wouldn't surprise me if they made trips - they put a lot into the development and QC side of things.
Anyway - they aren't rebranding generic batts.

Last edited:

TTK

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Johnson City, TN
He may have. Did he develop TW products? Asking seriously, as I haven't seen his vids. The V4L guy stayed there for months working on development and QC for Bloog.
I haven't asked if SI go over - I know they have a lot of communication with the factory in China. Wouldn't surprise me if they made trips - they put a lot into the development and QC side of things.
Anyway - they aren't rebranding generic batts.

Depends on exactly what that means, or a common acceptance of what it means. Initially, He did, in the sense that he went to the factories in China and told them what he wanted and establish a relationship with them. Then he made frequent trips back to check on things and discuss new products. Now, they have started to actually manufacture some products in their exclusive factories in England/Ireland/Scotland. Their Odyssey ecig is impressive. Their Platinum and Titanium Ice unflavored eliquid, I would have to say, in my opinion is the best I have tried. And I have tried about 4 other nic liquids. But, as I said, it is very expensive, I guess because all of the ingredients, except the nic, are manufactured in their own lab with their own QC. The nic is manufactured in Ireland.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Depends on exactly what that means, or a common acceptance of what it means. Initially, He did, in the sense that he went to the factories in China and told them what he wanted and establish a relationship with them. Then he made frequent trips back to check on things and discuss new products. Now, they have started to actually manufacture some products in their exclusive factories in England/Ireland/Scotland. Their Odyssey ecig is impressive. Their Platinum and Titanium Ice unflavored eliquid, I would have to say, in my opinion is the best I have tried. And I have tried about 4 other nic liquids. But, as I said, it is very expensive, I guess because all of the ingredients, except the nic, are manufactured in their own lab with their own QC. The nic is manufactured in Ireland.

Interesting. They rebrand stuff too. They rebrand vivi novas if I remember right. Some-one emailed them concerned they had bought a vivi knock off and they advised they were the genuine article. Don't know why they would rebrand vivis - people are more inclined to buy them if they know straight off they are Vision.
I think the better vendors do end up developing their own stuff - and by that I mean they have the specs for what they want, they monitor their QC, and sometimes they have something new developed.

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Yes, yes, I got it early on.:)

Well I gave you a teensy benefit of doubt and checked out the Bloog forum. Only thing I could find was Leaford on the sealed Auroras - and his QC issue was with the tubes for the Auroras and that was partly due to the colors he wanted. SI had developed and put out sealed autos by then, and from what I read Leafords QC issue was not about the same thing anyway. He wanted the Aurora tubes a certain way and it took a lot of doing.

TTK

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Johnson City, TN
Interesting. They rebrand stuff too. They rebrand vivi novas if I remember right. Some-one emailed them concerned they had bought a vivi knock off and they advised they were the genuine article. Don't know why they would rebrand vivis - people are more inclined to buy them if they know straight off they are Vision.

I see your threshold for belief is very low. I can see why you believe much of the SI tales. In reality, though, they put their own name on a lot of things they sell. No one can ever be sure if they are exactly like the generic product or have some differences. Just like SI products. But, for a few things as I mentioned, they do produce them in their own factory, and by "their own factory", I mean one they built and operate.

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I see your threshold for belief is very low. I can see why you believe much of the SI tales.

There's no need to be insulting. TW put their logo on the vivi novas and call them RCS novas. Because so many people have been concerned about knock offs, some-one contacted then and asked them if they were Vision, and posted that TW said they are.

TTK

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Johnson City, TN
Well I gave you a teensy benefit of doubt and checked out the Bloog forum. Only thing I could find was Leaford on the sealed Auroras - and his QC issue was with the tubes for the Auroras and that was partly due to the colors he wanted. SI had developed and put out sealed autos by then, and from what I read Leafords QC issue was not about the same thing anyway. He wanted the Aurora tubes a certain way and it took a lot of doing.

I didn't say it was in the Bloog forum. It may have been a youtube video he made. I don't remember the source. I might be able to find it, but it isn't worth my time. You choose to believe Imagine and that is fine.

TTK

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Johnson City, TN
There's no need to be insulting. TW put their logo on the vivi novas and call them RCS novas. Because so many people have been concerned about knock offs, some-one contacted then and asked them if they were Vision, and posted that TW said they are.

My apology.:ohmy: I didn't mean to say something you interpret as insulting.
TW do have their own branding of products. Their Joyetech egos are called Tornados, for example. Their Odyssey, though, they make in their own factory and no one else has it. Same for their unflavored nic liquid and their flavorings. Not sure of anything else that is exclusive to TW.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread