The Dangers of E-Cigarettes: Toxic Metals Exposed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mediaguy

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2012
MontrealQuebecCanada
And don't forget, if whatever manufacturing quirk (the inside of the tube? the distance of the wick?) is corrected (and I don't recall a brand being mentioned, or how many devices were used) then how far below environmental particulate presence will it go?

There's a new induction device being developed via an IndieGogo campaign where this sort of thing will simply disappear from any findings.

:D

AegisPrime

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
The Fortesque Mansion, UK
There's a new induction device being developed via an IndieGogo campaign where this sort of thing will simply disappear from any findings.

Failing that, there's always Vaping Donuts :)

Seriously though - I think metals are the least of our problems - I rather suspect that once studies start investigating modern APVs and RBAs we're going to see some nasty stuff coming out of burning KGD/cotton/hemp/rayon - admittedly not every puff is a dry hit but I'm sure the occasional dry hit is far worse for you than continual exposure to very, very low (environmental) amounts of nickel and chromium.

Last edited:

dragonpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
And don't forget, if whatever manufacturing quirk (the inside of the tube? the distance of the wick?) is corrected (and I don't recall a brand being mentioned, or how many devices were used) then how far below environmental particulate presence will it go?

:D

The device they tested was the Ellips (I did spell that right, if I recall correctly). It's a European model. They only tested the one model, so it's quite possible the results will be different when other models are tested.

NorthOfAtlanta

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
Canton, GA
The device they tested was the Ellips (I did spell that right, if I recall correctly). It's a European model. They only tested the one model, so it's quite possible the results will be different when other models are tested.

Kind of like crash testing a Chevy Impala and assuming that all cars will rate the same way.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
elips_c_start_kit.jpg

It was a precursor to the eGo-c and while Ovale also had the eGo-c, Joyetech started making them shortly after (but not the elips). Joye's were higher quality - I had both (but again, not the elips). The elips has a nickel/hydride batt and the eGo has a regular lithium polymer batt, but that shouldn't make any difference.

cozzicon - great guy - had one real early Apr. 2011. Liked it well enough.

Nate760

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
San Marcos, CA, USA
They only tested the one model, so it's quite possible the results will be different when other models are tested.

This has been a favored tactic of the ANTZ mafia from day one. It's the same thing they did with the now-infamous "formaldehyde" study. They took one highly unusual type of PV, fitted it with a highly unusual atomizer, and dry burned it under a voltage load completely above and beyond anything resembling real-world use. And then, like clockwork, the resulting headlines and articles gleefully announced (or at least strongly implied) that 100% of e-cigs emit formaldehyde 100% of the time.

dragonpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
This has been a favored tactic of the ANTZ mafia from day one. It's the same thing they did with the now-infamous "formaldehyde" study. They took one highly unusual type of PV, fitted it with a highly unusual atomizer, and dry burned it under a voltage load completely above and beyond anything resembling real-world use. And then, like clockwork, the resulting headlines and articles gleefully announced (or at least strongly implied) that 100% of e-cigs emit formaldehyde 100% of the time.

This is why, in real science, we require that results be duplicated in multiple studies before a finding is accepted as fact. There are simply too many possible reasons results from one study can be inaccurate. Replicating studies helps to eliminate bias and reduce the number of variables that can affect results.

Yet, for some reason, scientific studies in the e-cig world are often accepted as fact without being duplicated. Often when they are we find that the "dangers" the original study proposed aren't anywhere near as bad as we thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread