• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The dangers e-cigs pose for Canadians -- please help me understand this

Status
Not open for further replies.

folkphys

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
I am extremely new to vaping since I only started last week and I completely understand the passion and devotion of the people on this great forum so please, don't take my next words the wrong way.

One things that bugs me in all those comments in this thread and others is how most of the community makes it look like vaping is totally harmless. Me personally, I can't believe that.
I understand that all ingredients (expect nicotine) are found in product consumed everyday. That doesn't really reassure me since a lot of the products people consume also include MSG which is a know dangerous chemical but that's another story.
Also, no one really knows how these products react to the fact of being vaped vs ingested.
Anything but air in your lungs can't be harmless to you.

It took about 50 years for the cigarette to be declared bad for you. Maybe 50 years from now, we'll look back and see that this was as bad, just in a different way. This is just to new.

When I was smoking, I knew it was bad for me, and accepted the consequences in return from the "pleasure" of smoking a cigarette. I never fooled myself in thinking that it wasn't that bad, that I knew dozens of people that smoked and none of them ever had cancer, after all, my grand father smoked 2 packs/day of unfiltered cigarettes for 55 years and he's still alive, etc, etc... just to reassure myself.

Now that I switched to vaping, I'm starting to enjoy it and I'll take it just the same way: I do because I enjoy it and am willing to leave with consequences if one day there is some. I just don't convince myself that the e-cig will never provoke some kind of disease a few years from now. Just my 2 cts.

Perhaps we might ammend your bolded statement to something like, "Anything but CLEAN air and PURE WATER in your lungs can't be harmless to you." If I remember correctly, most lungs require somewhere in the neighborhood of 90+% humidity in order to function properly. I am reminded of the many-folded insides of a camel's nose........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread