• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The Case For Christ.... Zombie Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Heh, I'll bite. Which translation/version do you have?

oh gods...I can't remember...I bought it back in high school...so roughly 1991 ish...and it's been packed away in a box mostly since then...

think I'd gotten it out once for a call of cuthlu game that I was playing in...

and then it went back in the box along with the mountains of madness....

sigh...might have to dig it out later if I can get to that box..

chrisl317

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Warren, MI USA
Because of Professor Farnsworth!

Religion+Futurama = Proof of Zombie Jesus

From Wikipedia

On several occasions, Professor Farnsworth uses the phrase "Sweet Zombie Jesus!" as an expression of shock or dismay. These exclamations are usually cut for syndication in the United States (those meatbags!).[8] In the DVD of Futurama episode The Deep South, a cut scene shows Farnsworth muttering in his sleep about the Zombie Jesus returning at tea-time, when Farnsworth has no food to supply it. In The Farnsworth Parabox Professor Farnsworth and his Universe 1 counterpart consult the Bible to determine that neither of their universes is evil. They show uncharacteristic reverence for the scriptures, declaring that "the Bible is the real good news."
Another undead figure, Chanukah Zombie, first mentioned in the episode "A Tale of Two Santas", makes an appearance in Bender's Big Score. He teams up with Robot Santa and Kwanzaa Bot to fight alien scam artists who have seized possession of planet Earth. His weapons are themed around Jewish symbols and artifacts, including explosive dreidels and a TIE Fighter (a reference to Star Wars; Star Wars actor Mark Hamill supplies Chanukah Zombie's voice) adorned with Stars of David and a menorah.

See? Not one zombie, but, two zombies at X-mas! Zombie Jesus must be real!:D

DragonVapor

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Because of Professor Farnsworth!

Religion+Futurama = Proof of Zombie Jesus

From Wikipedia

On several occasions, Professor Farnsworth uses the phrase "Sweet Zombie Jesus!" as an expression of shock or dismay. These exclamations are usually cut for syndication in the United States (those meatbags!).[8] In the DVD of Futurama episode The Deep South, a cut scene shows Farnsworth muttering in his sleep about the Zombie Jesus returning at tea-time, when Farnsworth has no food to supply it. In The Farnsworth Parabox Professor Farnsworth and his Universe 1 counterpart consult the Bible to determine that neither of their universes is evil. They show uncharacteristic reverence for the scriptures, declaring that "the Bible is the real good news."
Another undead figure, Chanukah Zombie, first mentioned in the episode "A Tale of Two Santas", makes an appearance in Bender's Big Score. He teams up with Robot Santa and Kwanzaa Bot to fight alien scam artists who have seized possession of planet Earth. His weapons are themed around Jewish symbols and artifacts, including explosive dreidels and a TIE Fighter (a reference to Star Wars; Star Wars actor Mark Hamill supplies Chanukah Zombie's voice) adorned with Stars of David and a menorah.

See? Not one zombie, but, two zombies at X-mas! Zombie Jesus must be real!:D

OMG!!! The Networks are conspiring against Zombie Jesus!!! This must be the work of the Pastafarians....

DragonVapor

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
San Antonio, TX
dude...you almost got it!!! Don't bother trying to bend the spoon....it doesn't even exist as a concrete and seperate "thing". Unless you want to believe it does...but then you'ld be wrong...in my perception.:lol:

I thought that the Buddhist perspective was "don't bend the spoon, you're cereal is going to taste bitter anyway so it doesn't matter" ( Buddhist perspective as depicted in the Taoist proverb of the vinegar tasters)

chrisl317

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Warren, MI USA
So Buddhists are spiritual "String Theorists"? Ya see, I get into quantum physics just as an interest. That is really some mind bending stuff. did you know that in some alternate parallel multi-verse, I am the supreme ruler of the galaxy? You too! And somewhere we are all actually sitting down vaping with Zombie Jesus! :blink: Just simply mind-boggling!:blink:

Last edited:

chrisl317

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Warren, MI USA
I thought that the Buddhist perspective was "don't bend the spoon, you're cereal is going to taste bitter anyway so it doesn't matter" ( Buddhist perspective as depicted in the Taoist proverb of the vinegar tasters)

Buddhists invented the Squishy Cup you know. It completely did away with the concept of the spoon, thus freeing them from the ponderance of the utensil. No need for a spoon, no need to worry about it.:D

chrisl317

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Warren, MI USA
"The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them"

"If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago."

“Many roads lead to the great path. Only the willing find their way.”

BTW - not ready to die yet, I'm still having fun understanding life. Problem is everyone thinks I'm nuts!:D

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Damn Taoist proverbs always leading me astray...
How true.....but mostly it's the Hindus the Jains and hippies that give Buddhism a bad rap :)

Problem is everyone thinks I'm nuts!:D
Yes my son...but what do YOU think?:nun:

Not that that matters either......the bedrock of Buddhist psychology...."don't believe everything you think". ;)

chrisl317

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Warren, MI USA
on the path to enlightment

I think I thunk, so I must have thought?
So the thought is only real if I acknowledge it being thought of.
But acting on that thought doesn't make it anymore real than it already
was when I acknowledged it, right?

Kind of like the candlelight and the meal being cooked. This is cool, a few more and I'll be ready for the Dali Lama's next book signing!:D

Last edited:

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al

......I think I thunk, so I must have thought?
So the thought is only real if I acknowledge it being thought of.
But acting on that thought doesn't make it anymore real than it already
was when I acknowledged it, right?......

:D

If that's the case, then i have a perfedt excuse for being on EFC while at work. If i don't acknowledge-even to myself- that I'm on ECF it's not happening, and thinking about acting on the work is as real as actually doing it.

I'm not here. there's nothing to see.

Ok ok - i'm pretty far from enlightenment and will probably come back as a politician in my next life to pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread