Status
Not open for further replies.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I love my new penstyle (DSE-801) ... and I have ordered a Puresmoker manual switch sealed PT to make it even better. That will take care of the battery end.

But my initial atomizer is starting to fade (harder draw, less vapor), certainly compared to a new atty I just received. I suspect that my new atty is the luck of the draw. [The first one I received from the same vendor died after one day.]

As I order atomizers into the future, I'd like to settle in on the best (performance and quality control) and the best vendor (cost and customer service). Not necessarily an "801." It's possible that an RN-4072 or M-201 (if compatible) would be better.

Any suggestions?

Zofryer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Near DC
zofryer.com
I really dig be112's and M201's. I use the 112's for carts, and the 201's for dripping. What I like the most about the be112's are their refillable carts fit very tight, as well as the juice cup. So you get a lot less juice condensation on the sides of the cup, so you get a lot less juice in your mouth if you accidentally flood the atty. The be112 is fantastic for long uninterrupted vaping. The M201 is just a monster. The atomizer is huge, it holds a ton of juice, has a tight draw, and has a ton of vapor production. It wants to be dripped. I believe it is an e-cigar atomizer shoehorned into an 801 chassis. The Janty Classic is somewhere between these two, and a fantastic atomizer. It's just not 11 more dollars worth of atomizer, so I don't buy them anymore. I haven't tried any of the boutique 801's with people's names associated with them yet, so I can't speak to them. The Ruyan Direct generic high-bridge dse801's aren't horrible, but they aren't nearly as good as either the be112 or the M201. If they were 4 bucks a piece they'd be worth it. Hope this helps.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Zofyer,

That helps a lot! A few questions:
  1. Are you saying that the M201 atomizer is larger than the other penstyle atomizers?
  2. I happen to have a lot of blank 801 carts. Do you know if they fit either the M112 or BE201?
  3. Do you happen to know whether M201 (or be112) atomizers fit the 801/4072 batteries (or the Puresmoker 801 adapters for their Prodigy and Passthrough)?
Thank you very much!:thumb:

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Don--the BE112 has the same specs as the 801's and has total compatibility with the 801 batteries and passthoughs. The RN4072 (which is hard to come by now) had the issue with some cartridge compatiblity as it's catridges are slightly longer then the 801. So there is no issues when it comes to a 801 and a BEST BE112--------Sun

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Don--the BE112 has the same specs as the 801's and has total compatibility with the 801 batteries and passthoughs. The RN4072 (which is hard to come by now) had the issue with some cartridge compatiblity as it's catridges are slightly longer then the 801. So there is no issues when it comes to a 801 and a BEST BE112--------Sun

OK Sun. I hope your a BE112 expert. I bought what is compatible to the 112, and 801. It interested me because it has a center section that can be interchanged making it an auto or manual button. The question I have is about the battery. The kit cam with 2 batteries and a passthrough. The batts and passthrough have no switching because of the auto/manual attachment. The batts won't attach directly to the atty because of completely different thread sizes. I'm wondering what style batts these are.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
OK Sun. I hope your a BE112 expert. I bought what is compatible to the 112, and 801. It interested me because it has a center section that can be interchanged making it an auto or manual button. The question I have is about the battery. The kit cam with 2 batteries and a passthrough. The batts and passthrough have no switching because of the auto/manual attachment. The batts won't attach directly to the atty because of completely different thread sizes. I'm wondering what style batts these are.

Jim--I have 300 of them so I better be--LOL. Did you get the manual 801 passthough kit from Eastmall? Is this the one you are talking about?---Sun

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
No - Got it from e-cigs of Houston. A local supplier.

I just researched it and spoke to him further, so now I think I'm probable in the wrong forum. It's a JKY302. Uses the 112 attys.

The batteries are female thread. Same diameter as RN4081, but different pitch. Always live connection, no switch of any kind.

A short intermediate unit screws into the battery. I have two of them. One auto switch unit and one manual switch unit.

The back of these units have the threaded connector to fit the 112 / 801 atomizer.

It's actually a 4 piece set up. Battery / Switch / Atomizer / Cartridge.

Passthrough is the battery type.

Since the battery threads are nowhere close to the atty threads, I'm trying to find out if there are any batteries that are interchangeable.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
No - Got it from e-cigs of Houston. A local supplier.

I just researched it and spoke to him further, so now I think I'm probable in the wrong forum. It's a JKY302. Uses the 112 attys.

The batteries are female thread. Same diameter as RN4081, but different pitch. Always live connection, no switch of any kind.

A short intermediate unit screws into the battery. I have two of them. One auto switch unit and one manual switch unit.

The back of these units have the threaded connector to fit the 112 / 801 atomizer.

It's actually a 4 piece set up. Battery / Switch / Atomizer / Cartridge.

Passthrough is the battery type.

Since the battery threads are nowhere close to the atty threads, I'm trying to find out if there are any batteries that are interchangeable.

Actually Jim you are on point. The 801 Manual/Auto that was sold by Yang at EASTMALL is the exact same set up. The battery thread thread is countersunk and needs either the manual switch to screw into or the auto connector to screw into and then the threading at the other end fits the 801 or BE112 or RN4072 and it is a 4 peice unit. There is a battery powered passthough that comes with it also that has the contersunk threading as well. These batteries have no LED as well and are very short. Last time I looked, Eastmall discontinued them when the 510 came out.

Sun

Zofryer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Near DC
zofryer.com
Zofyer,

That helps a lot! A few questions:
  1. Are you saying that the M201 atomizer is larger than the other penstyle atomizers?
  2. I happen to have a lot of blank 801 carts. Do you know if they fit either the M112 or BE201?
  3. Do you happen to know whether M201 (or be112) atomizers fit the 801/4072 batteries (or the Puresmoker 801 adapters for their Prodigy and Passthrough)?
Thank you very much!:thumb:

1. I'm saying that I put 7 drops of liquid in a brand new unused M201 after it's initial pepsi max bath and hair drying before first use. After I start dripping the M201, as soon as I get that hint of taste that suggests I need to redrip, I add four drops and it doesn't flood. Huge atomizer.

2. I have had the worst luck trying to use ruyan carts with beci attys, or janty with beci, etc. I always get the blanks from the specific company for their atomizer. They are not all created equal. All thing aside, I am saying beyond a shadow of a doubt that the BE112 atomizers with the BestEcig blank carts are the best fitting cart/atty combination I've ever experienced, and that fit has a huge effect on how well the atomizer performs. More than most people realize. The throat size on the M201 is slightly different than other 801 styles. You will *definitely* want to order blank carts for it. The mouthpiece is thicker, and the mouthpiece wall is thicker.

3. Eyeballing it, the threads and connector for the M201 are nearly identical to my Janty Classic, and DSE801 atomizers. The BE112 seems to have a center post that's not set as deep. I know it's a few less twists getting them in my janty stick.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Yes, Jim and Sun, you did (briefly) hijack this thread. That's OK; I just wish I were able to follow your conversation. :)

Thank you, Zofryer, for all your advice and clarification!

FYI: I've switched my order with Puresmoker from the PT to the Prodigy. I'm nursing my last remaining working 801 battery (and atty) and it just didn't make sense to me to order more of those type batteres (when I was eventually going to get the Prodigy anyway.

The relevance of that to this thread is that the Prodigy (Pen) comes with a (3-hole) atty and I ordered an extra from them. I learned that the M201 atty is *not* compatible with either the 801 battery or with Puresmoker's stuff.

I am impressed with the BE112; you're not alone in praising it. And it is fully compatible with my gear. The next time I order attys, I'll probably get the 5-pack from BestEcig.

Thanks again, Zof!

seadooman

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
socal
I really dig be112's and M201's. I use the 112's for carts, and the 201's for dripping. What I like the most about the be112's are their refillable carts fit very tight, as well as the juice cup. So you get a lot less juice condensation on the sides of the cup, so you get a lot less juice in your mouth if you accidentally flood the atty. The be112 is fantastic for long uninterrupted vaping. The M201 is just a monster. The atomizer is huge, it holds a ton of juice, has a tight draw, and has a ton of vapor production. It wants to be dripped. I believe it is an e-cigar atomizer shoehorned into an 801 chassis. The Janty Classic is somewhere between these two, and a fantastic atomizer. It's just not 11 more dollars worth of atomizer, so I don't buy them anymore. I haven't tried any of the boutique 801's with people's names associated with them yet, so I can't speak to them. The Ruyan Direct generic high-bridge dse801's aren't horrible, but they aren't nearly as good as either the be112 or the M201. If they were 4 bucks a piece they'd be worth it. Hope this helps.

Zofryer,
So does this mean the M201 is only good for dipping? I need somthing different for work,I carry around a e-cigar and am starting to draw some unwanted attention.
Did you have problems w/ drawing the ejuice past the mouth piece and into your mouth?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread